MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Stocksy rejection: Portfolio critique please  (Read 23263 times)

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2013, 11:27 »
Sandralise - it seems that your first feedback was for Pete Sherrard, not for me  ;D  He has book covers in his portfolio.

Cobalt: yes, it would be great to meet finally  :)

Yes, second post was for you! :)

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2013, 15:26 »
Looking at your portfolio - I'd say they missed out on a great talent!

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2013, 17:00 »
+5
Ah well, there's always Offset...

Not in any way aimed at the OP, but I am curious.  Are folks falling over themselves to be part of Stocksy because:

a) It's a great commercial opportunity or

b) The aura of wonderfullness that suggests that, if accepted, they are also wonderful

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2013, 18:42 »
+3
I would like to ask for feedback from Stocksy contributors too. I'm selling my images on microstock sites but few months ago Stocksy caught my attention, I love their style and images and I would like to become a contributor. I sent them my portfolio already but they aren't interested in my stock images currently so I would like to show them different images next time. I prepared new portfolio, these images are more what I like personally, they aren't from microstock site. I would love to ask photographers which sent their portfolio to Stocksy in last weeks and were accepted if my images are suitable for them or not. If not, what shall I change? I will be very thankful for your recommendation and feedback.

My new portfolio: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102259734@N04/

Looking good :) (imo)

I think Sean is right (imo) :)

Apply again and you're in! You've just had the seal of approval from the in-crowd. A nod's a good as a wink to a blind man as they say.

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2013, 01:27 »
+3
Ah well, there's always Offset...

Not in any way aimed at the OP, but I am curious.  Are folks falling over themselves to be part of Stocksy because:

a) It's a great commercial opportunity or

b) The aura of wonderfullness that suggests that, if accepted, they are also wonderful

I was exclusive iStock photographer for few years and I was very satisfied. The other microstock sites can't earn what I need (iStock was full-time job for me) and the common microstock style doesn't suits me (for example - I love images with shallow depth of field but microstock sites usually reject them as not suitable for stock or out of focus - I had few such rejections just yesterday...) I wonder if I can find another site similar to "old iStock" and it seems that Stocksy is the best choice for me, so I would like to try it. This is my reason, the other photographers could have different.

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2013, 08:51 »
Yes, really nice work Magdalena. :)

« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2014, 04:00 »
Hi,

Following my application for Stocksy to look at my folio. they sent me this email:

"Dear Pete,

First, let us express our apologies for the wait, we really appreciate your interest in becoming a Stocksy Artist. Unfortunately we did not feel your portfolio was right for the collection at this time. We invite you to reapply in October and hope that you'll stay in touch!"

Ive been a contributor to Getty for years and recently started submitting images to the various microstock sites. I have always felt that my work I produce for Getty is not the kind of photography I love doing, and I think this will be the same with the other microstock sites, so I was really excited when I saw what's going on at Stocksy. So I would love to start producing work for them.

This is my folio:
http://www.petesherrardphotography.com/ [nofollow]

I would love some general feedback, with regards to what people think that stocksy is looking for. Its all very well asking me to reapply in October, but I dont know what to put into the folio to make them interested. Should it be more stock orientated? Or less? Or is it just not good enough?

Any feedback will be very helpful.

Thanks vey much.

Peter, I came across your thread and had a look at your images . Wow they are are very good! May I suggest that you put them with FineArtAmerica.com , I think that they would sell better there as you are very creative.

Regards
Daniela White - DWimages

BTW I have just submitted to Stocksy and I am awaiting a response but I also sell my more creative images with FAA and also sell with Getty.

« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2014, 04:37 »
+1
i didn't follow all the discussion 'cos i don't have time to read 3 pages but my i must partly agree with Sean first post

All images looks like overprocessed on my screen they look like having "grey mist"; and looking stocksy images looks like they are looking just for sharp/bright/well framed simple images...i think is the rejection was just a matter of post production

« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2015, 18:10 »
That Alpha Romeo 2000 is beautiful.

Ahem, Alfa

oh man indeed! my father had one but the 1600, the wood steering wheel was gorgeous, don't know if he still has it though ;D

Old thread I know - but it had to be said - You're a man with good taste! :)