MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: No emails from Symbiostock for new users or downloaded files  (Read 3905 times)

« on: September 15, 2013, 04:19 »
Hi guys,

I've set up my Symbiostock but when I try to register as a new user, I don't receive any email confirmation with a password? Nor do I receive emails when I purchase files. The file moves to download area just fine though.

It seems like the email plugin doesn't work or isn't configured correctly?

(I resolved the problem with my previous IPN issues by switching to Godaddy and started up a new domain)

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 04:39 »
Glad you got it resolved.

Is everything working for you okay now?  I remember you having issues with files not going to the download area.

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 05:07 »
Yeah, I just changed hosting to GoDaddy :) It feels so good to have it working properly!

Now another problem occurs, the mail function doesn't work.
However I think it might be due to restrictions on Godaddy....?

ShazamImages

• ShazamImages.com
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 05:27 »
However I think it might be due to restrictions on Godaddy....?

I'm on GoDaddy and don't have any issues with email.

steheap

• Author of best selling "Get Started in Stock"

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 16:40 »
I've just posted a fuller summary of this issue on the Symbio forum, but someone here may have seen a similar issue.

I've updated to Wordpress 3.6.1 and Symbio 2.6.5 plus Clean Theme (although I have tested both with and without the Clean theme).

I've been testing registration - I get an email almost immediately, every time, but the email is a very simple one line affair that shows:

Username: testcustomer Password: m6HniAvZTlBS http://www.backyardstockphotos.com/wp-login.php

I tested on someone else's site and I get a much richer email from them with welcoming comments and several alternatives of where to link back to the site. Clicking on my link takes you to the user profile in the admin page - not where I want to go at all.

Anyone notice this issue or is it something I have screwed up in my site? I'm with BlueHost.

Steve

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 16:01 »
I've just posted a fuller summary of this issue on the Symbio forum, but someone here may have seen a similar issue.

I've updated to Wordpress 3.6.1 and Symbio 2.6.5 plus Clean Theme (although I have tested both with and without the Clean theme).

I've been testing registration - I get an email almost immediately, every time, but the email is a very simple one line affair that shows:

Username: testcustomer Password: m6HniAvZTlBS http://www.backyardstockphotos.com/wp-login.php

I tested on someone else's site and I get a much richer email from them with welcoming comments and several alternatives of where to link back to the site. Clicking on my link takes you to the user profile in the admin page - not where I want to go at all.

Anyone notice this issue or is it something I have screwed up in my site? I'm with BlueHost.

Steve

sounds like your symbiostock email plugin is disabled, and default wordpress registration emails are being sent instead..

steheap

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 16:50 »
Great suggestion - I had forgotten that. But... I found that the SYMBIOSTOCK - Emails and Notifications plugin was present as version 1.0.0 and activated. I deactivated then activated again, but still I get the same wordpress standard email when I try a test registration.

There was nothing else I was supposed to do in updating to 2.6.5 was there? I've moved back and forth to one of the other themes a few times.

Steve

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 17:10 »
Strange..

when you do a test purchase, does it send you a copy of the confirmation email with the link to download area?

if not, then your symbio email plugin is not doing it's job even though it's activated.. you should post this over at symbiostock.org forums btw..

most of the symbiostock support conversation is there now..

steheap

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 17:19 »
Yes, I will continue over on Symbio.org - it is there, but there isn't as much traffic on that site just yet.

I will try a test purchase and see what happens.

Thanks

steve

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 17:37 »
What about deleting the SY Mail plug-in and reinstalling? Maybe it got corrupted when you went back and forth with themes? I checked my version and it says 1.0.0 too, so it sounds like that is correct.

edit: after I said that about reinstalling, I went to look for that plugin separated out, but maybe it gets installed with the theme? I don't see it separate anywhere. Sorry.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 17:53 by cathyslife stockphotos.com »