pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Clipcanvas shutting down?  (Read 22755 times)

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2014, 18:32 »
I've stopped uploading months ago after having the same problems as everybody else here. If they were upfront about their problems like Revostock have been, they may have gained some support from contributors. This strategy is unacceptable and has damaged their business beyond repair.

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2014, 00:22 »
ClipCanvas owes me around 250 Euros. The have not responded to my payment requests (over 6 months now), FB messages, or multiple e mails. But they continue to sell my work (not for long though). I would avoid them like the plague.

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2014, 02:19 »
+1
250 Euros is a lot of money....I'd call them and try and get the money out of them. Their phone number is on their 'About Us' page.

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2014, 12:31 »
They have also 200 for me...they still not answer to all my messages...

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2014, 12:41 »
Same here. The owes me more than 260.

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2014, 14:52 »
+4
Think that's bad? They owe me 4,278. I requested payment in April 3rd.

My clips continue to sell. It's a hard decision for me to remove my portfolio, because the only chance I have of seeing that money is if the site succeeds. It's not in my best interest to make it harder for them. And then there's all the work I put into uploading - I don't want it to go to waste and I certainly don't want to have to upload all my clips again, should the site rebound someday. I went through a similar ordeal with Revostock, and now they've recovered and I've received my payouts. So I'm waiting, hoping...

I accept some of the blame because I forgot to request a payout for a full year. I upload to 13 sites and most of them make automatic monthly payouts. I mistakenly thought CC was one of them. Moral of the story? Request regular payouts on all the sites you contribute to!

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2014, 22:28 »
Think that's bad? They owe me 4,278. I requested payment in April 3rd.

For that sort of money I'd pay a lawyer to make a phone call to them...

Valo

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2014, 00:53 »
+1
There are a few comments from CC here in this Russian forum:

http://zastavkin.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6814&start=560

They are talking about delays in payouts and why there are delays. On the next page in the forum there is another comment from CC. Mentioning they are working on automated payouts.

Seems to go back to August 2013.

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2014, 02:07 »
I 've sent another email requesting my payout and they finally replied yesterday:
"Yes, I'm very sorry you've been waiting for your payment. It shouldn't be like this and I understand your impatience and frustration. What I can tell you, is that accounting is working on the backlog now. If I could ask you to please provide us with the dates of your payment requests, it would help accounting find you and possible speed up the process. As soon as I have the dates, I will forward the information to accounting as a reminder.
I don't know if you got the latest newsletter from our CEO? It explains a lot about the situation and also about the plans for paying back royalties. If you didn't get it, I am sorry, but I have inserted it here:  THE VERY LONG TEXT EXPLANATION YOU HAVE ALREADY READ"
Again, I am very sorry you've been waiting for payment, but please provide us with the dates and I will remind accounting.

So, i've sent my ID and the date af my 2 payout request, now they stop to reply again.

I think the very long text of explanation is too much, some agencies tell nothing, this one is telling too much, it's a huge amount of excuses, too long to be really honest.

« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2014, 16:39 »
+2
Very positive news on the ClipCanvas front. I have been corresponding with them via email. This is their latest:

I am happy to say that Clipcanvas has reached final agreement to be acquired by a single owner. All terms have been agreed upon, and those of you with payments outstanding will be happy to know that this is one of the very first things to be addressed.

Going forward, Clipcanvas will get a lot more resources to grow, and both your voice and work will be an integral part of this. I believe we have a bright future ahead of us, and I hope you do too.

More information about the next steps will be sent to you as soon as the acquisition has been approved by our General Assembly. This is a formality, and the final stage of the process will be concluded within the 14th of October, as required by Norwegian legislation. As always, you may reach out to me directly, using my personal email given below.

I want to thank you for staying with us during this period. The new owners believe in you, just like I do, and without your patience this would not have been possible. Thank you.

Sincerely yours,
Mr. Christoffer Berg
Chairman
Clipcanvas AS

« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2014, 23:46 »
+1
Very positive news on the ClipCanvas front. I have been corresponding with them via email. This is their latest:

I am happy to say that Clipcanvas has reached final agreement to be acquired by a single owner. All terms have been agreed upon, and those of you with payments outstanding will be happy to know that this is one of the very first things to be addressed.

Going forward, Clipcanvas will get a lot more resources to grow, and both your voice and work will be an integral part of this. I believe we have a bright future ahead of us, and I hope you do too.

More information about the next steps will be sent to you as soon as the acquisition has been approved by our General Assembly. This is a formality, and the final stage of the process will be concluded within the 14th of October, as required by Norwegian legislation. As always, you may reach out to me directly, using my personal email given below.

I want to thank you for staying with us during this period. The new owners believe in you, just like I do, and without your patience this would not have been possible. Thank you.

Sincerely yours,
Mr. Christoffer Berg
Chairman
Clipcanvas AS

Yeah - great news.  Kudos to them for being open and honest about what is going on.

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2014, 04:06 »
+1
Excellent news. My oldest (of several) pending payments date back to November 2013. Now lets see if they can pay me before the year laps.

« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2014, 16:37 »
+5
As the new Chairman of Clipcanvas, and one of the major shareholders, I am pleased to announce that as of yesterday we started paying all our videographer debt with the goal of having cleared our backlog by the end of October (2014 :)).

A first change that we are introducing is to simplify our videographer payment procedure such that outstanding payments will be made on the 15th each month.

We are very excited of the opportunity to work with you. We value your feedback on how to make Clipcanvas the preferred site for high quality stock footage.

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2014, 16:50 »
Thank you!! We love to continue working with you. 

« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2014, 13:03 »
+3
Just want to confirm to everyone that ClipCanvas has paid out all $6,000 dollars that was owed to me. I will be resuming uploading my clips there and I wish them luck! 

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2014, 15:54 »
Just want to confirm to everyone that ClipCanvas has paid out all $6,000 dollars that was owed to me. I will be resuming uploading my clips there and I wish them luck! 

Great to hear that things are turned around and they have payments taken care of!

KB

« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2014, 18:14 »
I also received my CC payment today.  :)  Paypal took their pound of flesh, though, charging about 4.5% plus giving me a less than wonderful EUR to USD conversion rate ($1.2382 USDs = 1 EUR, while the current forex price is about $1.27).

I hope the new buyer can bring new customers; it'd be great to start selling at CC again. Good luck to them.