MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: October Earnings  (Read 26235 times)

Ron

« on: November 01, 2013, 02:24 »
Well, surprisingly, a good month overall, I passed $800 dollar combined.

Overall: BME in Dowloads by 1.1%, BME in Earnings by 10.7%, October 2013 is up 37.2% up from October 2012

BME in downloads:
Shutterstock, 123RF, CanStockPhoto and Graphic Leftovers (from 1 to 2 :) )

BME in earnings:
123RF, PhotoDune, Fine Art America

Alamy 0 sales

Symbiostock 1 sale at 17.5 Euro

Fotolia keeps tanking 40% down from BME

Shutterstock is 51% of my total earnings for 2013 to date, Fine Art America has 24%

Bring on November, I am positive, but I am not expecting another BME on Fine Art America, so it will be a bit down. As long as Shutterstock is going up, I am fine.

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 02:51 »
+1
Overall one word : disaster

The worst month of the year.....  :( :-[

Much worse even compared with August.... disaster for an October witch supposed to be one of the best month of the year.

Everything started very encouraging on all agencies until 15th of the month. From than on sales/earnings dropped with about 200%( ON ALL AGENCIES EXCEPT FOTOLIA)

The single site that had constant sales was FT. For the rest.. SS ,DT ,123RF CAN,DP, the pattern was the same very good sales until 15th of Oct. and after that date sales dropped very hard.

Hope Nov. will make me happier.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 02:53 by nicku »

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 02:56 »
+2
Overall I am 20% down in $$ from September (which was a really good month for me), but am up in $$ by 37% compared to last year. I guess I owe this all to Stocksy, as most Micro agencies performed below or at the level they did last year.

Stocksy: BME in $$, best earning agency after being there for only 4 months (39%)
SS: down from September, down from last October (30%)
FT: down from September, but up from last October (16%)
DT: been flat for a few months and slightly down compared to October 2013 (12%)
123rf: after having a BME in September I was having a bad month this month, made about half of what i made last October - with almost the same number of downloads as last October. Due to most of my sales being subs, I had my worst RPDY there and the worst RPI. Since my upload from October 2nd is still in pending, I think 123rf might not be worth my efforts anymore - oh and they bring in 3% of my October income
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 04:10 by Mellimage »

Beppe Grillo

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 03:31 »
Very bad first two weeks
Normal third week
Incredible fourth week (75% of the month's gains)

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 03:34 »
+2
Awful month for me. About 30% below my BME and the worst month I've had for many years.  DT was patchy between credits and subs (as usual) but the sales volume was the best for the year, offset by a RPD of only 91c (my best months RPD of the last year was 1.45, so it's a huge difference). SS had a lot of very weak days and a handful of good to really good ones. IS sales were up a bit on last month, second largest volume of the year but - of course - countered by the huge cut in RPD. Alamy came back a little from a string of really weak months, but still down 50% on last year's average. The other's aren't really worth mentioning except that BS was especially horrid.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 03:58 by BaldricksTrousers »

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 03:45 »
+1
Wow, I expected a downhill month, but this was MUCH worse than expected. 
SS had a very bad start, but at then end I got a break even with October 2012 because the SOD's saved the month.  Downloads were more than 10% down though.
Fotolia was a total disaster with 40% down compared to Oct.'12, Istock and DST both went down "only" 10%.
Rodeo almost stopped selling (86% down).
Alamy, 123rf and Canstock did quite well, but are too small to cover any losses.
Bottomline :  -15%, plus another -5% because of the low dollar.   So I am NOT HAPPY, especially since October usually is a BME for me.
Even if November does much better, it has 4 working days less ...

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 04:54 »
+3
I managed a BME which was nice to see, I wasn't sure if I was going to get another one of those for a while.  Most sites were up a bit but Shutterstock jumped ahead more than the others.  I've still got to focus more on getting a better sales platform for direct sales and build up a decent stocksy port.

... and don't forget to vote
www.microstockgroup.com/index.php?page=microstockmonthlysurvey

ACS

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 04:57 »
October was the best month of the year, as I expected. It was just a little bit more than April.

Fotolia and DT performed unexpectedly good reminding the good old days.

Surprisingly no sale at Pond5.

Nothing special about the others..

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 05:07 »
BME (+34%), but I've been uploading like crazy for the last two months, so nothing unexpected here.

After more than a year of not uploading to iStock, this month they accounted for only 0.9% of my earnings. That's funny. I don't understand the poll results, how is iStock still so high, did you guys just continue uploading there or what?

I'm thinking of uploading there again, as it seems that I'm missing out.

I've also refreshed my portfolios on P5 (86% of my total portfolio) and Alamy (11%), but haven't had any sales on either of those sites. Hope they pick up.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 05:09 by spike »

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 05:08 »
I managed a BME which was nice to see

Nice to hear someone is doing fine, it gives hope for the whole industry.

My month has been a disaster, about -30% down from last years october. The year started nicely, but after summer things have been horrible... :(

Ron

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 05:25 »
I managed a BME which was nice to see

Nice to hear someone is doing fine, it gives hope for the whole industry.

Make that two someones :)

fritz

• I love Tom and Jerry music

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 05:27 »
BME +31%.
Regular upload for about 300 files per month.

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2013, 06:00 »
I had a spectacular month on SS - and I do mean spectacular, 50% over my long time average and I'm there since 2006.

BS and DT were doing very well, if not spectacular.

IS produced two very good weeks at the beginning of the month, and completely imploded after that.

FT didn't produce anything, but then I quit three months ago  ;D

A single sale at Alamy, but that at $315 - so to sum it up: I'd like more months like that, please  :)

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2013, 06:12 »
+1
Bme for me on ss by nearly double, also passed the 1000 pictures online mark 8)

Average month at dt

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2013, 06:26 »
+1
iS: Worst October since 2007 (first year on iS), first two weeks were dismal (apart from one day), second half picked up a bit.
dls BMY by 1, $$ above only July and August. Worst RPD since Feb '12.
Compared to Sept: dls up 20% $$ down c8%
Compared to Oct 12: dls down 20%, $$ down 23%.
Still feel that I'm being affected badly at both ends by the automatically assigned Collections and would really welcome the chance to move at least a proportion (say 15%) of my Main files up (low supply, low demand; they don't sell more but when they do, it's at a much lower price) and S+ auto-assigned files down.  >:(

Getty: 2 dls totalling $7.30   :'(
Alamy: 4 sales, but 1 <$5 net and 2 distributor sales, so $$ low;  :(
FAA: 2 sales yesterday. + $5 referral fee.  :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 06:33 by ShadySue »

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 07:26 »
+5
Best month so far in my new indie life :) But that is to be expected as the holiday season is coming in. I still only have around 500 files on the new sites and only 40 on stocksy, compared to 3500 on istock. So istock is still my biggest earner, especially now when my 1100 holiday images wake up.

In order of income my results are: istock,SS,Fotolia,stocksy,deposit photos and dreamstime.

I didnt upload much this month, except for videos to Dreamstime that arent live yet.

I still have a long way to go until I reach my living wage, but I already know if the current trend continues I am confident that I will be making more money as an indie than as an exclusive. :)

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 08:02 »
+2
This was my BME combined.... but this is still my first year and I am still trying to figure it out.  I am seeing slow steady growth in my low performing portfolio.

I had almost no uploads, I have been busy getting a show together and other stuff.

I had my first sale on Symbiostock.....  :)

Numbers:
Images    620
SS  $31
IS   $6
sy   $3

The rest  $3

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2013, 08:34 »
Still early days as a photo and video independent, overall earnings are steady with IS topping list as I am still audio exclusive there. Oct 2013 breakdown goes like this:
IS  - 52%
SS  - 25%
FT  - 7%
DT  - 7%
123RF  - 2%
DP - 2%
P5 - 2%
PD - 2%
GL  - 1%
Nothing from Alamy in Oct which was a disappointment.

steheap

• Author of best selling "Get Started in Stock"

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2013, 08:43 »
+1
Well, I guess I can't publish my clever earnings charts any longer due to the change in the T&C for Shutterstock...

I had a pretty good month - BME on Shutterstock and easily getting into four figures. Not sure how iStock will perform as I put the PP earnings in as an estimate and then correct when they come along later. Last month on iStock was great, reach $441 in total or which $330 were from PP sales. I thought this would be the BME, but the other sites didn't match Shutterstock's performance, and some, like Pond5 dropped almost to zero for some reason.

Last month I had two $90 profit sales on FAA - this month just $17 there.

End result, $2121 for October, compared to $2550 in September but nicely on track for my personal goal of $26K this year.

Steve

PS - nothing this last month from Symbio, but I'm moving it to a dedicated server and will put a lot more effort into getting my portfolio on there in the coming weeks.

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2013, 10:02 »
IS: BMY as exclusive, even though the stats for the last week of October are still missing.  Earning was more than twice as much as I had made in September which was my WMY.

FAA: 3 sales, 3rd BMY

Alamay: 0

Overall a good month.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 10:26 by Freedom »

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2013, 10:20 »
Train wreck. Ship wreck is a better metaphor for me.

IS Royalties lowest since December 2010. Dls worst since May 2008 and lower than my third month after I joined in 2007.

I have been uploading steady, but I am not prolific. I got a few dls on new files.

Getty- Good royalty check but with the dls so few, it is unreliable and sporadic
Faa. I got a nice check but no new sales in October.
Online photo sales is my main income. Luckily I got a new job as an online image reviewer, because  here in Space Coast Florida even Walmart and MacDonald's are not hiring.
 I am getting my lifeboat ready to jump ship if needed.

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2013, 10:53 »
Shocked to see BME at SS and DT - but the rest of them, oye vey!  Look at my percentages - man if DT and SS both have a bad month earnings will be nil!

SS 57%
DT 30%
FT 3%
BS 2%
DP 3%
CS 3%

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2013, 11:00 »
+7
Let's see...

123RF - no sales ever
Pond 5 - Royalties up %400 due to a couple video sales, from $20 to $80
Deposit - Royalties up %50 from $100 to $150
GL - Royalties up from $16 to $20
Stocksy - Royalties up %200, DLs up 40%

Getting better, I guess :)

Ron

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2013, 11:22 »
+2
Let's see...

123RF - no sales ever

Unbelievable stats for your HCV portfolio.... but you dont mention Stocksy $$, so it could well be that the big chunk of $$ are coming in there as they have your best work, which is exclusive.  :)

But I would have expected you to do a lot better on the micros. However, DP is impressive.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2013, 11:42 »
+1
Let's see...

123RF - no sales ever

Unbelievable stats for your HCV portfolio.... but you dont mention Stocksy $$, so it could well be that the big chunk of $$ are coming in there as they have your best work, which is exclusive.  :)

But I would have expected you to do a lot better on the micros. However, DP is impressive.

Have to agree. If Sean can't succeed at these places, probably nobody can.
Best wishes for 'onwards and upwards' on Stocksy.