MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Stockbo  (Read 33078 times)

cuppacoffee

« Reply #150 on: July 25, 2014, 15:44 »
I see him on the home page and when you click on his image it says 0 images. I'm not logged in. https://stockbo.com/index.php

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 15:48 by cuppacoffee »

« Reply #151 on: July 25, 2014, 15:45 »
+1
I just saw that Sean is their "featured photographer" - with 0 files  ;D

That is funny.

« Reply #152 on: July 25, 2014, 15:50 »
I just saw that Sean is their "featured photographer" - with 0 files  ;D

That is funny.

Mr. Locke, you now know you can retire from stock photography.
just endorse a site. so much simpler, no? 8)

sit and enjoy your ale, matey !!!

« Reply #153 on: July 25, 2014, 17:14 »
Thanks - I see it now I scroll down :)

I have a 27" monitor and the main image fills that. It never even occurred to me to scroll down!

In the "It's all about you" section, clicking on a number of the icons produces just a name and "This gallery is empty". Doesn't look so good, IMO.

I would hope for photographs from a featured photographer - I guess the newbie Mr. Locke has to stop being so lazy and create something :)

« Reply #154 on: July 25, 2014, 19:14 »
"This gallery is empty". Doesn't look so good, IMO.

I would hope for photographs from a featured photographer - I guess the newbie Mr. Locke has to stop being so lazy and create something :)

maybe there is something. Mr. Locke's microstock version of John and Yoko's Wedding Album blank side.

« Reply #155 on: September 05, 2014, 16:33 »
August 10th I uploaded one photo to check this site how it works. Image is pending review still... I sent at least 2 messages to them asking why so long. No reply...

Is it alive? Knock knock, anybody in there??  ::)

« Reply #156 on: September 05, 2014, 17:48 »
+1
August 10th I uploaded one photo to check this site how it works. Image is pending review still... I sent at least 2 messages to them asking why so long. No reply...

Is it alive? Knock knock, anybody in there?? ::)

I have 27 waiting to be reviewed - uploaded between Jul 26 and Aug 8.

« Reply #157 on: September 06, 2014, 18:24 »
I had my very first sale 18th of August:
https://stockbo.com/17763
medium size - $5 for me :)

Sheriff

« Reply #158 on: September 06, 2014, 18:29 »
I had my very first sale 18th of August:
https://stockbo.com/17763
medium size - $5 for me :)

Than you should be on the front page sir...

Valo

« Reply #159 on: September 07, 2014, 02:10 »
+2
Their USP is weak, and is not really different from other stock agencies. Shutterstock is about quality too. The second reason doesn't mean anything for buyers.

https://stockbo.com/about.php

Buyers do not care about what we make. I don't think there are many buyers considering photographer fairness in their decision from which agency to buy images. Their subscription pack offers a 70% discount, which is contradicting being fair to photographers in my opinion.

One could argue that they summed up reasons why buyers and photographers should choose Stockbo, but offering 50% without having the buyers doesn't cut it either. And subscriptions are not fair for photographers either. It is he agency that benefits from subs, not us.

I guess 50% is a good start, but it goes to show that there is a lot more to opening a stock agency than just  offering a fair royalty.

I am aware of the argument that if we don't send our images, the buyers wont come either, but I am at a point where I no longer want to spend time uploading to start up agencies for no return. I  have dropped a lot of the established agencies for the same reason.

« Reply #160 on: September 07, 2014, 17:32 »
+5
But Sean Locke - gallery still empty - continues to be in the rotating set of "featured" contributors on the home page. Along with many other empty gallery contributors.

This problem was pointed out months ago and they haven't done anything to fix it. Really looks as if no one is home (not saying that's the case, but just how it looks when you're a visitor to the site)

Sheriff

« Reply #161 on: September 07, 2014, 18:02 »
But Sean Locke - gallery still empty - continues to be in the rotating set of "featured" contributors on the home page. Along with many other empty gallery contributors.

This problem was pointed out months ago and they haven't done anything to fix it. Really looks as if no one is home (not saying that's the case, but just how it looks when you're a visitor to the site)

Maybe a 'No Vacancy' Sign should be put up  8)