MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Payoneer now available as payout option on Pond5  (Read 17808 times)

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 12:57 »
+2
Remember that Payoneer charges insane commissions and are very very intransparent about it. It might look fine, but it is not. Payoneer might be relevant if you live in the US. For anybody else there are better solutions.

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 13:24 »
+3
I am sorry but my intent is not to have private email correspondence, but rather make people aware that Payoneer is probably the worst payment option they can choose. Payoneer thus charges outrageous commissions on all their transactions - I have seen as much as 3.75% splits over normal exchange rate for purchases and withdrawals in other currencies than US dollar.

Pauoneer even have a 1% transaction fee for purchases in US dollar made in the US - at least for non US card holders.

It is just ridiculously expensive, but unfortunately most people do not realize this. If they did, no one would use it, that is sure.

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 15:27 »
This topic is to notify anyone selling on Pond5 of new payout options. These include:

Global Bank Transfers - receive direct bank transfers to more than 200 countries, in over 50 currencies. Cost starting at only $2.99 per transfer with very competitive exchange rates. This is a much quicker and lower cost option when compared to traditional wire solutions.

Payoneer Prepaid Debit MasterCard Card - funds are available within minutes, to over 200 countries, with immediate access to cash in hand.

Regarding exchange rates, please note that funds are converted based on MasterCard's official currency exchange rates. While I do appreciate your feedback, our pricing is extremely competitive when compared to other available solutions and we offer account holders the flexibility to choose the option that works best for them. The Payoneer card offers may benefits, and so does our Global Bank Transfer Service - users should choose the option that works best for them.

Mastercard exchange rates vary and the exchange rates payoneer mastercard has are just horrible.

Please explain why Payoneer charges 1% on US dollar transactions made in US with US dollar? I have never heard of any other Mastercard that does that.

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 19:21 »
Be aware of this:

Everytime you insert your Payoneer Card into an ATM machine, even if you did not enter a correct PIN and got no cash, you still get charged for a fee. Nissim has confirmed this in our private email exchanges. I think this charge, however small, without a correct pin, is absolutely unauthorized.

I have no issue with Nissim and no doubt he is a hardworking employee on behalf of his employer. But this kind of practice will definitely limit my use of Payoneer Card.

Tror

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 06:53 »
I don`t know where always this possibly false information and negative feedback about payoneer pops up as soon as they post something on this board, but I am very happy with payoneer, never got charged anything unreasonable and they are my favourite payout option.

Thanks guys and keep up the good service and contributor relations by posting and responding here!

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 08:20 »
+4
What this tells me is that P5 is still in the game, and by broadening their service levels is a good indicator that they are stable and probably growing.  I don't make much there with stills but I have just uploaded my first three videos to them to "test the water".  I hope to form a great partnership with P5 in the coming years. 

Tror

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 14:37 »
What this tells me is that P5 is still in the game, and by broadening their service levels is a good indicator that they are stable and probably growing.  I don't make much there with stills but I have just uploaded my first three videos to them to "test the water".  I hope to form a great partnership with P5 in the coming years.

Yes, I don`t sell much with them but income is stable and staff is friendly. That they introduced payoneer is just another plus for me to be with them...

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2013, 15:11 »
I don`t know where always this possibly false information and negative feedback about payoneer pops up as soon as they post something on this board, but I am very happy with payoneer, never got charged anything unreasonable and they are my favourite payout option.

Thanks guys and keep up the good service and contributor relations by posting and responding here!

what false information?

Tror

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 03:00 »

what false information?

possibly false information since I cannot confirm your experiences.

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 12:13 »

what false information?

possibly false information since I cannot confirm your experiences.

Would you then be so kind as to specify what information that is possibly false according to you?

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 09:33 »
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know we're currently running a promotion with Pond5 - if you sign up until Dec 31 and choose Payoneer as a payout method, you pay no activation fee! You can read more about the promotion here: newbielink:http://blog.payoneer.com/free-activation-for-pond5-artists-until-december-31/ [nonactive]

;D

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2014, 02:05 »
+1
do anyone know why payoneer charge $2 for standard loading when founds are received from P5 (and $5 for instant loading), on the SAME card that some of us use with other sites- istockphoto for example - and there is charge $0 for standard and $3 for instant loading. -the same account, the same card, the same service, but different charges (higher for pond5). why?
 and yes - taking small fee even WITHOUT correct pin on atm is robbery, and exchange rates are horrible as well.

Tror

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 07:41 »
do anyone know why payoneer charge $2 for standard loading when founds are received from P5 (and $5 for instant loading), on the SAME card that some of us use with other sites- istockphoto for example - and there is charge $0 for standard and $3 for instant loading. -the same account, the same card, the same service, but different charges (higher for pond5). why?
 and yes - taking small fee even WITHOUT correct pin on atm is robbery, and exchange rates are horrible as well.

Lol...I guess for that awesome service of them I can afford 2$ of a fee.
Better than the 30-60 bucks I lose when I transfer through paypal or Skrill.....

Nissim-Payoneer

• Head of Community at Payoneer
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 08:10 »
+2
do anyone know why payoneer charge $2 for standard loading when founds are received from P5 (and $5 for instant loading), on the SAME card that some of us use with other sites- istockphoto for example

While we do have general Pricing and Fees, some companies using our Mass Payout Service have slightly different fees. This generally occurs when the company chooses to subsidize some of the fees.

For this reason the cost for receiving a payment from a company may slightly vary (such as in the case you mentioned above).

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 13:21 »
+1
Good news for Pond5 contributors ?

Payoneer works just fine until someone fraud your account and stole your money!

That's what happened to me.

I detected a fraud attempt to my account before they complete the transaction and alerted Payoneer.  The on-line interface of Payoneer not allow else than block my account and my card. There was no way to block the transaction (fraud attempt)!

I submitted  a dispute, sent all documents they requested.

Payoneer told me:

Please note that there is no option to prevent a specific merchant from making a charge on your card.
At this stage it is being investigated, and there is a minimum amount of time that must be given for the merchant to review and respond to the dispute. As soon as there is an update we will notify you.

Already gone five months and I'm still waiting for this update...

By having to pay US12.95 for a new card and another $ 60 to receive the new card by DHL, I felt my self penalized by having to pay for a issue of the Payoneer system.

But having gone almost double the time stipulated (by Payoneer) to solve the dispute and nothing happens, I feel obliged to warn the other fellows contributors  that it can happen to you too.

So as they say, hope is the last to die. So I still hope to get my money back and the fees that were charged me. And so regain the confidence that once I placed in this company.

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2014, 07:45 »
This is something called a "cross border" charge, which is not specific to Payoneer and exists with many different online payment solutions, debit cards, and credit cards. You can do a general online search for that term to read more about it.

In addition to the Payoneer card, individuals getting paid from Pond5 or any other company that pays with Payoneer can choose to receive funds directly to their bank account. This service is localized in over 60 countries (and available to over 200), which means that we send funds from local bank accounts, in local currencies. For 6 major currencies we do so using rates of only 2% above the official market mid-rate at the time of transfer, which is an extremely good rate and better than most other wire solutions. At a cost of only $2.99 per transfer this is a great way to receive payments at a low cost.

Of course for anyone looking to receive cash in hand immediately, the Payoneer card still enables you to access funds literally within minutes, which has proven to be extremely beneficial to the millions of people around the world getting paid with Payoneer.

Does this 1% apply if I withdraw cash from an ATM in the US & my account address is outside the US?

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2014, 21:30 »
I signed up for payoneer but may stick to what has been working well for me for several years - paypal