MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Fine Art America - sales increasing nicely since September  (Read 53002 times)

« Reply #200 on: December 19, 2014, 12:52 »
+1
I am not a fan of mobile interfaces at all. But why to loose a client which wants to do an offhand gift for somebody? Yes there are situations when client will be satisfied by mobile size presentation accomodated with explanations about quality of image, even some postprocessing stories.

The answer to many questions about FAA is: "it's just one guy".   One person runs the business and does all the code.   Until that changes, FAA is going to keep falling behind in terms of presentation.

« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2014, 14:11 »
Falling behind who?

« Reply #202 on: December 19, 2014, 14:32 »
Falling behind who?

Take a look at Crated.com on your phone. 

« Reply #203 on: December 19, 2014, 14:33 »
+5
I am not a fan of mobile interfaces at all. But why to loose a client which wants to do an offhand gift for somebody? Yes there are situations when client will be satisfied by mobile size presentation accomodated with explanations about quality of image, even some postprocessing stories.

The answer to many questions about FAA is: "it's just one guy".   One person runs the business and does all the code.   Until that changes, FAA is going to keep falling behind in terms of presentation.
I think "it's just one guy" also is the answer to why the commission is so high at FAA. When you get sales there, it is not a question of how many cents you get, it is a question on how many dozens of dollars. FAA is not perfect, but they do sell.

« Reply #204 on: December 20, 2014, 09:09 »
Has anyone sold anything on Crated?

« Reply #205 on: December 20, 2014, 09:23 »
+1

No, unfortunately. I ended up deleting my images.

PaulieWalnuts

• We Have Exciting News For You
« Reply #206 on: December 20, 2014, 09:36 »
+1

I haven't sold anything either and I have a few hundred of my best sellers there. But I also jacked up my prices because by default they have them set to compete with the cheap places like Art.com and Getty's Photos.com. There they sell large canvas for $200. Selling directly I can't even buy a high quality canvas from a print lab for that low of a price. And I'm not interested in making $10 or $20 on $200 low sales volume prints.

So they're just competing on low price. And from what I've found decreasing my print prices as a whole has no positive affect on sales volume.

So not sure what the deal is with Crated. Maybe no buyers. Or their buyers aren't looking for my type of work.

« Reply #207 on: December 20, 2014, 11:08 »
Sold one print of one painting.

« Reply #208 on: December 23, 2014, 05:43 »
Two sales so far.

« Reply #209 on: December 27, 2014, 17:03 »
+3
I had a flurry of sales on FAA the past couple of months - everything from a large acrylic print to cards and pillows. Also had a nice sale on Crated - have work featured in their collections and curated, but the image I sold was not.

Even my first year when I just had a few sales on FAA, my first sale paid the $30 yearly fee for several years, so I'll continue renewing. I have nearly 60 of my photos available via Amazon from FAA - not necessarily what I'd choose as the best of my work, but it's another outlet. I wish FAA's search worked as well as shutterstock's but the expectation on FAA is that we do the marketing of our own work, unlike the stock sites that do it for us and take the lion's share of the profits.

Most important, FAA and Crated both give the photographer/painter a fair share of the proceeds so I'm happy to support them.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 17:08 by wordplanet »

marthamarks

« Reply #210 on: December 27, 2014, 23:20 »
+1

The difference, I believe, is that my husband is a very fine painter of iconic American scenes, offering unique works. He seems to be a really good fit for FAA.

If you'd like to see his FAA gallery, here it is:

http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/bernard-marks.html

Your husband has done lots of good paintings, not surprised he sells well at FAA!

I just spotted your comment, Painter. Thank you for the compliment on Bernie's work. I'll pass it on.  :D
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 23:30 by marthamarks »