pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Hold on to your wallets! "There are irregularities with October's PP royalties"  (Read 98825 times)

« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2014, 16:12 »
+5
2 posts were removed.
one for an off colored insulting sexual reference and another for a libelous statement.

lisafx

« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2014, 19:09 »
Really? They seem to be so different in character, you wonder how they are friends. But maybe he is just an ass on the forums and a top bloke IRL. I dont know. Anyhoo, thanks, back to topic.

The few times I have had personal interactions with him, he is an exceptionally nice guy and extremely helpful. 

I think being aggressive in the forums is somehow part of his job description.  Also, I think that being the point person to deal with contributors when the caca hits the fan is probably extremely frustrating.   

« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2014, 19:21 »
+2
I've had no issue with Lobo. He is as straight forward as he can be. If he was nice and sugar coated everything, I bet we'd all have issues with that. I guess because HD is the closest thing to a liaison between us and the powers that be, he gets pinned with all our frustrations.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2014, 09:34 »
+6
My main issue with Lobo is that I find it odd that he passes on the lies from above him as though he believed them. He's been caught out often enough for anyone with sense to distance himself from the lies by some rubric such as "The IT Department tell me that ..." or "The X department is hoping to ..."
I couldn't stand it if my company was constantly making me look like an idiot (I can do that well enough on my own, thank you) and/or a liar.
Most recent being that exclusive files will ALWAYS have priority in search.
Hmmm, I noticed last night in some (not all) of my regular searches that indie files are at the top of searches, and that regular S files are being trounced in most (all the searches I tried, but I can't say 'all', of course) searches.
Also because of the bug that shoots files down the best match if they have between 1 and 10 dls, as far as I can see 'many' (clearly I haven't checked all possible searches) searches have indy files with 0 dls above exclusive files with a few dls, even if the indy files are older.

And how often has he reported that 'there are no plans to ...' and within a short time, ... is happening.

He really should distance himself from the lies he's being asked to peddle.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 10:42 by ShadySue »

Ron

« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2014, 10:20 »
+12
I think is he is a douche and if you dont like your job or get frustrated all the time, you need to quit it and find something else to do. If its in his job description then he seems to enjoy that part a lot. If he is a nice guy IRL, he should show that in the forums. A little respect for the people providing your sandwich goes a long way. To me it looks like a typical case of 'my wife bullies me at home, so at work I go on a power trip'.

« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2014, 10:47 »
I don't know, I rather him be blunt then sugar coat anything. Everyone already reads far into things...could you image if he put a pleasant spin and we all expected the positive all the time...which one leads to a larger upset in the end? I think the lying goes on internally with departments at iStock. I feel they are in the dark internally maybe only a tad less then we are. I picture the inner workings of iStock to be a pretty toxic place these days.

The hatred should be fueled at iStock as whole for keeping us in the dark all the time.

« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2014, 10:54 »
+27
Lobo could be clear, honest and courteous in his work - without sugar coating anything. Instead he is acerbic, sarcastic, rude and often simply unprofessional. Only a dysfunctional organisation like iStock would have someone like him to moderate the forum of a crowdsourcing organisation.

« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2014, 11:01 »
+5
I think is he is a douche

I think it is unfortunate that he has to deal with the sort of people who might ever say something like that.

I can understand that people get frustrated. I can also understand why people sometimes get put on silence.

Ron

« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2014, 11:07 »
+1
I think is he is a douche

I think it is unfortunate that he has to deal with the sort of people who might ever say something like that.

I can understand that people get frustrated. I can also understand why people sometimes get put on silence.
He doesnt have to deal with people who say that, because people dont say that on the IS forum. What I think of him and what I post here has nothing to do with his behavior on the IS forum. I dont think people call him names on the IS forum, do they?

Uncle Pete

« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2014, 11:09 »
+4
Sad that we are limited to one heart, I'd be tapping away on this comment. A moderator or liaison should not let his personal feelings and opinions color how he treats members. Number one would be showing respect, even if the members are not as fair and level headed. It comes with the job.

Lobo could be clear, honest and courteous in his work - without sugar coating anything. Instead he is acerbic, sarcastic, rude and often simply unprofessional. Only a dysfunctional organisation like iStock would have someone like him to moderate the forum of a crowdsourcing organisation.

Also: about the so called "irregularities" (their word for it, which is vague)

[excerpt]
and... I can't trust them anymore?

2 posts were removed.
one for an off colored insulting sexual reference and another for a libelous statement.

Darn I miss all the fun, but I did see some good football.  ;)

Beppe Grillo

« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2014, 11:10 »
I think is he is a douche and if you dont like your job or get frustrated all the time, you need to quit it and find something else to do. If its in his job description then he seems to enjoy that part a lot. If he is a nice guy IRL, he should show that in the forums. A little respect for the people providing your sandwich goes a long way. To me it looks like a typical case of 'my wife bullies me at home, so at work I go on a power trip'.

Agree with you.

And agree with you too

;)

« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2014, 12:38 »
+17
Lobo has banned me twice for simply making a -slighty cynical- remark about some kind of problem that popped up at iStock. I was never rude, nor was I out of line. If freedom of speech is considered important at a forum, then Lobo is a horrible moderator.

I understand that dealing with frustrated contributors (or customers) can be hard, but it's his job to always be polite, explanatory and professional. And he simply isn't.

« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2014, 12:47 »
+9
he is a fine representative of istock.
Thats why I left.

its about a year ago. And yes, It has paid back.

Shelma1

• stockcoalition.org
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2014, 12:53 »
+14
One of the problems I have with Lobo is that he isn't straightforward. He misleads and obfuscates (euphemisms), and he's usually initially quite sarcastically dismissive when someone first brings up an issue or irregularity. It takes more than a dozen questions about the same thing from different people before he accepts that it's really a serious issue; then he makes promises and sets deadlines that are almost never reached...and avoids that thread when people asked what's going on, deadline's passed.

All it takes is a "sorry, guys, we're really trying but it looks like it'll take longer," but instead he offers more sarcasm when people complain when deadlines go zipping by. And unfortunately for him, with the state of things at iStock there are going to be lots of people complaining.

« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2014, 13:47 »
Is his only job being the admin of the forum? For some reason I feel that is probably a secondary responsibility, but maybe not. I guess the fact that many folks really don't like him suggests he isn't the best person for that role.

Ron

« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2014, 14:00 »
+1
Is his only job being the admin of the forum? For some reason I feel that is probably a secondary responsibility, but maybe not. I guess the fact that many folks really don't like him suggests he isn't the best person for that role.
For some reason Getty thinks he is. If it were my company, he would have been instructed to behave or he would have been gone. Thats also why I think Getty/Istock dont care about us, they condone abuse, in the forum and financially.

I think he is also the Head of Newsletters. I received a news letter from him from his own internal Getty email address, which I think was a mistake. It was about the Moleskine MILK Tailor Made Books Partnership.

« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2014, 14:39 »
+2
I think it's more that he deals with the stuff they don't want to be bothered with...they probably don't give it much thought...as long as they don't have to deal with it. It is clear they don't value the contributors on various levels. I mean they don't even care if we have their trust.

To them we are all lemmings. In their minds, if we don't supply the content someone else would. They have become more about bean counting then providing quality content and service. It's nothing but a numbers game only now. I believe the contributors are the only ones who really care about the content. The buyers in general are too naive (generalizing of course) to be able to differentiate quality content versus run of the mill.

I

« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2014, 15:52 »
+11
When an organisation makes an announcement about irregularities that may very well affect thousands of people, the word on what is being done about it and when should be coming from the top not some keyboard masher in the rank and file.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 15:55 by Red Dove »

« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2014, 16:29 »
+8
iStock is underestimating the importance of good communication and the way the communication towards contributors should be.

The main reason for that is the fact that many ( and I mean many) contributors are somehow working as a grahic designer or in touch with graphic designers. The whole situation at iS is backfiring.

I dpn't know if IS already knows that you can't fool anybody except yourself any more thats one of the advantages of the internet.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2014, 16:50 »
+4
One of the problems I have with Lobo is that he isn't straightforward. He misleads and obfuscates (euphemisms), and he's usually initially quite sarcastically dismissive when someone first brings up an issue or irregularity.
Over the past few months, he's taken up an odd strategy whereby someone makes a point and he says he "doesn't understand what they're trying to sayW - even though the OP was perfectly clear.

mlwinphoto

« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2014, 18:42 »
+2
While Lobo and I have had our differences I do appreciate the difficult nature of his job even though I don't necessarily agree with the way he goes about it at times.
He has been helpful when needed even going so far as to call me once when I had a question.
I may even miss him when my run at iStock is up in a few weeks..... ;)

« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2014, 22:08 »
+2
so not that I want to drag you all off the topic of Lobo - but going back to the original post - has anyone read anything more about the "Irregularity" issue?  I briefly looked around the IS forums but didn't really see anything or the original post. 

I know.. I probably could have spent more than 5 minutes poking around there but that was my limit before I really just wanted to get out of there. 

« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2014, 23:20 »
so not that I want to drag you all off the topic of Lobo - but going back to the original post - has anyone read anything more about the "Irregularity" issue?  I briefly looked around the IS forums but didn't really see anything or the original post. 

I know.. I probably could have spent more than 5 minutes poking around there but that was my limit before I really just wanted to get out of there.

The thread is somewhat hidden in the Partner Program forum.  There are probably lots of people over there that have no idea what could be coming.  Lobo posted that there will be an update later this week but it won't be Tuesday.  http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_messages.php?threadid=358476&messageid=6973868

Ron

« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2014, 04:41 »
+4

The thread is somewhat hidden in the Partner Program forum.  There are probably lots of people over there that have no idea what could be coming.  Lobo posted that there will be an update later this week but it won't be Tuesday.  http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_messages.php?threadid=358476&messageid=6973868

His first update was they would have an update last week, the update after that was they would have an update early this week, his latest update is he will have an update later this week, his next update will be they will have an update next month. And in the end, come July your balance will be in the red and your RCs will still not be fixed.

« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2014, 04:43 »
+12

His first update was they would have an update last week, the update after that was they would have an update early this week, his latest update is he will have an update later this week, his next update will be they will have an update next month. And in the end, come July your balance will be in the red and your RCs will still not be fixed.

You're a pessimist, Ron. I'm sure they will take the money off us much, much more quickly than that. In fact, I reckon that this is one problem that they will solve in record time. Their corporate communications have already improved dramatically to prepare us for the big day.