MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: CanStockPhoto is going DT  (Read 10671 times)

Ron

« on: January 13, 2014, 03:30 »
File is too similar to other content that we already have online

When do reviewers start to learn that images might look similar to them but are completely relevant and different to local people, local websites and travel agencies?

11 images submitted of Howth Cliffs, all from different locations along the trail which is a 90 minute walk, 5 rejected for being similar.

FT and DT have a habit of doing this as well, completely disregarding that the images are relevant to others, but fail to understand this very important fact.

Anyone else noticed this?

I also have the idea that CanStockPhoto auto reject similar images (using software) based on keywords as they told me a few weeks back to make sure the keywords differ in each image.

stocked

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 04:15 »
+13
I wouldn't care too much about CanStockPhoto and DT anyway. They are both very old players but none of them ever really made it. DT was maybe close to it but certainly dropped the ball lately with their maximum 10%-commission mini sub-model and  declining sales and earnings.

Beppe Grillo

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 04:30 »
Last week they have rejected all my last uploads for "bad keywords".

During the whole 2013 they sold less than Shutterstock in a normal half day

I think that I will stop to upload at them.
Even if they have the best upload system, the time spent with them is always too much in relation to sales

Ron

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 04:33 »
CanStockPhoto has picked up for me lately. With October and November doing extremely well in CanStockPhoto terms. I have no issues with CanStockPhoto, but I have my concerns about the direction they are going with image acceptance. I have some direct information that coincides with the rejections.

I really believe they are going DT/FT with their acceptance policy. So I better get used to it, before it starts to frustrate me.

stocked

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 04:44 »
+8
Right go in upload and forget mode or stop uploading to them, but in any way stop wasting your time worrying about players which already dropped the ball.

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 05:38 »
I do recognize that behaviour with DT and sometimes FT and CS do the same. All 3 of them are important to me. FT makes more sales and is my no. 2 at the moment behaing SS. DT might become the nr, 3 if IS keeps on messing around

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 13:39 »
File is too similar to other content that we already have online

When do reviewers start to learn that images might look similar to them but are completely relevant and different to local people, local websites and travel agencies?

11 images submitted of Howth Cliffs, all from different locations along the trail which is a 90 minute walk, 5 rejected for being similar.

FT and DT have a habit of doing this as well, completely disregarding that the images are relevant to others, but fail to understand this very important fact.

Anyone else noticed this?

I also have the idea that CanStockPhoto auto reject similar images (using software) based on keywords as they told me a few weeks back to make sure the keywords differ in each image.
I had a different experience though. CanStock and DT took all 9 of my series. FT took 5/9 and SS only took 2/9 due to what they felt as technical issues. The pictures were that of a marble cake and not landscape.

Ron

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 14:22 »
SS just accepted all images.

I had a batch of 11 landscape and 6 hors d'ouevre

SS accepted 100%, CanStockPhoto rejected 5 and 2 for similar.

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 01:47 »
+1

I think SS rejected mine for some technical issues (all 9/9). But in the past I had mostly 100% approvals for a series. I have seen your post in SS forum about the value of image series and how customers can buy from the same series in one go. I will take your advice and keep trying with series in SS :-)

Ron

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 03:04 »
+1

I think SS rejected mine for some technical issues (all 9/9). But in the past I had mostly 100% approvals for a series. I have seen your post in SS forum about the value of image series and how customers can buy from the same series in one go. I will take your advice and keep trying with series in SS :-)

Its good to know one person took my advice  ;D but you will see it works. People need continuity so they buy series, or parts of series.

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 03:08 »
Its good to know one person took my advice  ;D but you will see it works. People need continuity so they buy series, or parts of series.
I hope it will for my sake  ;D

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 06:42 »
Actually Canstock is going SS... whole batch of different pictures all rejected for the same reason:
"File appears to be too soft and/or out of focus, or may have an overly shallow depth of field."

What can I say? LOL

I guess the reviewer was behind schedule... will resubmit everything.