pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: "Update ALL existing images" - not working  (Read 5608 times)

StockPhotosArt.com

« on: March 02, 2014, 03:44 »
Hi,

I'm trying to change a price for all the photos, but the change does not apply to all and stops around image 1600 or 2000 at best. We have over 4000 images.

The changes are set as default and no images has the values fixes and I think I've done everything correctly.

Does anyone know what may be the problem or how can I solve it?

Thanks.

StockPhotosArt.com

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 03:24 »
Hi,

Does anyone know a solution for this? Is there a way to change the info in a specific file instead of using the symbiostock page to do it?

At the moment I have part of my collection with different price points on the large size which is quite unpleasant.

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 14:20 »
this is a known problem caused by a timeout -- easiest fix would be to increase the timeout in the php.ini file if you host allows.

or, in the pro-plugin batch editor, you could select each category & change the prices - a lot more work if you have many  categories

StockPhotosArt.com

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 15:44 »
this is a known problem caused by a timeout -- easiest fix would be to increase the timeout in the php.ini file if you host allows.

or, in the pro-plugin batch editor, you could select each category & change the prices - a lot more work if you have many  categories

I'm on bluehost and the PHP.INI file has a lot of different timeouts mentioned. I've changed the result to -1 in some and doubled the time in others but the results didn't change.

Do you know a specific value or term I should be looking for to change?

Thanks.

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 03:35 »

I'm on bluehost and the PHP.INI file has a lot of different timeouts mentioned. I've changed the result to -1 in some and doubled the time in others but the results didn't change.

Do you know a specific value or term I should be looking for to change?

Thanks.

no, -1 is supposed to work, or something like 600 +

an eventual fix would be to have the processing skip the first X images, or [rocess the images based on last updated

StockPhotosArt.com

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 11:36 »
I've changed a lot of parameters but noticed that no matter what I do all the changes stop at about minute 10. Sometimes it changes 1700 images, others 1900, but none pass the 10 minute mark.

At the moment my collection has a mix of prices that is not good at all.

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 13:54 »
Same problem for me, it updates for a while and then it stops

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 14:19 »
if the host is timing out - right now only way would be to select a category at a time and re-process in either the bulk or batch editor

StockPhotosArt.com

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 16:39 »
The problem is that Bluehost is saying that this is not a question of the server but with the designing and developing of third party installations. They've advised me with several changes to the php.ini without success.

The day before yesterday, and for a unique time I got the full processing of all images. Unfortunately that occurred when I was reverting the partial change so I had coherent prices again and not when I tried to change to the new ones. But that was a unique time among the tenths of attempts I've made before and after.

I don't know how to change just a category. I know that some operations are possible in the paid plugin that could make this easier, but unfortunately it's impossible for me to afford it.

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 04:16 »
The problem is that Bluehost is saying that this is not a question of the server but with the designing and developing of third party installations. They've advised me with several changes to the php.ini without success.

The day before yesterday, and for a unique time I got the full processing of all images. Unfortunately that occurred when I was reverting the partial change so I had coherent prices again and not when I tried to change to the new ones. But that was a unique time among the tenths of attempts I've made before and after.

I don't know how to change just a category. I know that some operations are possible in the paid plugin that could make this easier, but unfortunately it's impossible for me to afford it.

I have 2 stores with same hosting environment and while symbiostock has this problem you mentioned, my cmsaccount store updates all files instantly..

So this has nothing to do with php.ini settings..

StockPhotosArt.com

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 07:55 »
I have 2 stores with same hosting environment and while symbiostock has this problem you mentioned, my cmsaccount store updates all files instantly..

So this has nothing to do with php.ini settings..

So you're saying that it's something that have to do with the Symbiostock theme?

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2014, 08:37 »
Have you tried disabling plugins then processing?  Some issues have been triggered by the plug ins creating the issue. Next-Gen Gallery was causing some problems though I don't recall if it was related to the problem you describe.

StockPhotosArt.com

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2014, 09:38 »
Have you tried disabling plugins then processing?  Some issues have been triggered by the plug ins creating the issue. Next-Gen Gallery was causing some problems though I don't recall if it was related to the problem you describe.

Just done it with. Without change. I've also tried that sometime ago but the result was the same.