MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Zoonar.de  (Read 29799 times)

« on: August 06, 2007, 16:48 »
Do you know www.zoonar.de? really good agency, very good searchresult, very good availability, good prices for photografer and fair prices for customers. Easy up and fast download - upload via ftp. Site in german and english available.

I looked and serve a lot of microstock sites, but this small german (Hamburg) one was the best Ive seen till now, in this segment.

look at: www.zoonar.de

for me a real upstarter in the beginning

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 21:23 »
Wellcome gustyx, are your by accident working for zoonar? Well maybe you have seen and served a lot of microstocksites and it is your honest opinion that zoonar is the best, but I browsed through some of Zoonar's images and have not seen any downloads for them, but maybe I was just looking at the wrong pics. If it is otherwise as I have seen please clarify, we are happy to contribute to agencies where you can sell lots of images.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 23:07 »
really good agency, very good searchresult, very good availability, good prices for photografer and fair prices for customers.

And obviously very little sales. Right now there are 6 pictures claiming to be the topsellers - with 2 sales each! OMG. Make 3 sales and you become King of the Zoonar universe! :)

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 23:38 »
You mean like this guy ?

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 02:02 »
You're first and only post Gustyx, and ... pow! ... you're singing the praises of a new stock site.

That immediately raises warning flags for me.

Can you tell us more? Do you work for the site? Do you sell photos there? How many? What's the payout like? How long have you been with them? Which other sites are you with to enable you to make comparisons?

I'm staying strictly away until I get more information. C'mon ... give us the lowdown.   :)

Goone4

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 03:58 »
I like the ideas of Zoonar.

- Photographers get 50-80%
- Photographers set the licence restriktions (no coercion for Royalty Free)
- Photographers set their own prices
  (microstock called "budget", some "normal"or "premium")
- and they are the fastes agency i known. All my pictures was online in 12 Hours!
- zoonar get a great start. 100.000 pictures in 7 months. This is very fast.

I had some sellings at Zoonar. No Microstock, but i get 200.- Euro for one Pic of a Mountain in Bavaria !! But it is true, i have to wait a long time (5 months, then i get these selling). I think this is normal for a new agency. The other ones had started not better.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 04:02 by Goone4 »

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 04:57 »
Looks nice, but they don't seem to have much business yet. I liked this sentence though:

"We can and want to pay out higher fees, since at Zoonar, you take over part of the work (keyword string), and because we are a streamlined operation."

Nice attitude   :)

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 05:43 »
I had a quick look there.

If I'm not mistaken you can only sell pics there that are not on other sites!

Correct me if I'm wrong.

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 06:01 »
Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are wrong, they do not require exclusivity. :) Funny enough the German version says "no exclusivity demands", the English translation "low exclusivity demands".

But uploaded pictures are bound to Zoonar for at least 6 months, so if you are going to opt-in for DT's "Sell the rights" license it seems as if Zoonar is a no-go because you can't remove your pictures from there within 72 hours.

Goone4

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 06:04 »
This is wrong. Zoonar don`t want exclusive rights.

All my pics on other agencys too. Zoonar is for future (i get 80% there and have separated my pics in the different price kategories). The big five are for now.

But my biggest agency is alamy. i made much more money there than at any microstock. But it is a hard process, cause you don`t have sellings every week in the normal price sector. you have to learn this, than you can earn more money than in the microstock sector.

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 06:30 »
Interesting ...

Someone called Gustyx joins this forum as a new member and, within 10 minutes of joining, writes a post singing the praises of a new stock site. Then we hear no more.

A day later someone called Goone4 joins this forum as a new member and within 5 minutes writes a post also praising this agency, giving a comprehensive list of its positive features.

Both use the same, rather characteristic style of English (For example, omitting the definite/indefinite articles ... "Zoonar is for future" "Really good agency")

Hmmm ... like I said ... interesting.   ???

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 06:48 »
indeed, thought it was pretty plain see through myself ;)

Goone4

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 07:06 »
Don`t blame it on my bad english! Zoonar is very known in Germany but very unknwon in the other countries. this is the reason. They do the english version in June...

I look at this forum since a long time, but the only agency i really can say something is istock. I change from Istock to Alamy in the end of 2006, cause i have much (!) more money (not sellings) their. But alamy is no microstock. This is why i dont posted here in the past.

I think Zoonar is also no really microstock. They have a microstock price, but also higher prices. But look for yourself. I?m happy if you don`t go there, cause my chance to make money is higher with not too much photographers.

It`s ok to criticize, but every one have too look for himself. This is why i posted here, cause i think zoonar has a new concept!   

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 00:32 »
This is so funny- all the owners of new sites come to this forum to pimp them- but pretend to be happy customers!
Goone4, and gustyx are so blatantly the same person! Well done you "two", from now on you will be known as "the twins who run Zoonar". To be fair, your pimping was a tiny bit more sophisticated that this guy pimping Zymmetrical, but not by much:

http://www.microstockgroup.com/index.php?topic=2040.msg18784;topicseen#new

I dont get it- why arent you just honest about who you are? If you said "hey guys, we just set up a new site... Take a look" we'd all be interested and youd get a good hearing. Now, we just think youre liars out to con us. Im sure not going to trust you with my images, or indeed the money which youll theoretically bring to me with your site.

Goone4

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 07:02 »
Im not the same person as gustyx. If i am, you get 5000.- Euro from me. So keep on searching !!  ???

Whats the problem to talk about new agencys? Their was a time, the microstock sector was bashing by the "old photographers". Now the Microstock-Photographers make the same mistake: Also take one way and don`t look around. All the new things are damned!

If you don`t like zoonar, don`t use it. No Problem. But I like to look new ways, cause the market is not a still thing. What comes next after the microstocks? Free Stocks will have the same success in some years. You don`t like to hear this, but this is the way the market goes.

Zoonar is also a new way: different prices, different licences, direct price negotiations from buyer to photographer (without agency ascendancy) and more money (50%-80%). I like this. So what?

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2007, 08:51 »
Oh come on! Two completely new posters who both happen to speak in the same kind of German English- they both love this new site (which, I think most people who look at it would agree, is rather mediocre at best), and they both use language which is blatantly aimed at getting us to go there as quickly as possible.
Read your posts again- youll see that you tried too hard. People just dont talk like this about new sites- theres nother special or new about yours- its just a rehashed version of istock with a few new rules. I dont have any issues with that- but lets not lie about it in order to trick people into going. There are no "big new ideas" which youve come up with that havent been done before.
Ill tell you what- if either of you new boy(s) can show me a personal website, or a site which has your work on it, then Ill take it back. Even your portfolio on this new site might convince me. Can I see your work, either of you? Or are you just admin from this tacky, hyped site which cant even afford real advertisements?

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007, 09:02 »
besides, the best selling file has only sold twice.  How could anyone (other than admin) possibly say that this is a better site to upload than any of the others to the right of the screen there?

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2007, 09:20 »
There must be a "start your own microstock" instructional course out there that teaches one of the things to do to increase traffic is to promote your site on forums like this one but portray yourself as a submitter.  After all, the photographers on forums like this are eager to join any new MS sites that come on the scene and will dump loads of pictures there just on the recommendation of an actual contributor like Goony & Gusty here.  Yes sir, just sit back and watch the flood of new members joining up---but watch out, you may not be able to handle the huge numbers!! ::)

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 10:39 »
It is realy amazing how, the people her are distrustfully. Why? Besides I´ am not anybody else and I´ve only the one account her, why should have more. Goone 4 is only another user of zoonar, who like it - Thats the fact.

Thats right that Zoonar is in the beginning, an that´s the reason why there is not as much selling traffic as at the Big 5. But I only have to sell one pict there when you guys have to sell 70 pix at the Big 5.

In germany, Austria and swiss zoonar is well know, despite of they even started. And the quality of the pix are much better as in one of the Big 5. There I have to search through aload of rubbish to get an result after an hour. This is different at Zoonar, because they had a better searchtool as the most other sites.

Besides I´am an Austrian, Goone 4 is German I think. My post has the only aim, to tell the forum here about this new opportunity to sell an buy pix – that´s it. I have nothing to do with Zoonar itself, I only use it – and like it. If you don´t like it , it is your own opinion the same as I like it.

Would be nice to stop your assumptions.

For Freedom fries and the others:

http://www.zoonar.de/gustyx
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 14:37 by gustyx »

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2007, 11:49 »
The reason we are so suspicious is, that a few agencies tried to get photographers by pretending what people here accuse you to do. I have no clue why this siteowners do this, since it is really bad publicity. gustyx, the way you started this thread is exactly the pattern how those site owners tried to get photographers. I am sorry if we are wrong, but we replied in this way because of our experiences we had in the past. The way you speak about Zoonar is  suspicious. Zoonar does not seem like being the best site. Maybe you honestly think that, but maybe a lot of us could not see the reason why you praised Zoonar so high. Also the sales on this site does not reflect that. If you say you need 70 sales from other sites to equal 1 sale on Zoonar this is only partly true. You can also sell your image for a euro at Zoonar. So even if we see this topsellers having 2 Downloads we do not know if it was just a euro sell. And it is not unlikely for a photographer to have 70 Downloads on Microstock in a day or two. But I guess it is unlikely to have a download in a day or two for even for the best photographers over at Zoonar. (Microstock= low price=lots of downloads). So you cannot really compare that. And looking at the pictures at Zoonar I do not think the quality is so much better, some of those images most likely would not get accepted at the Big 5. Maybe the search engine is better, but I do not know about that.
So I hope you understand our suspicion. No offense.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 13:05 by Freezingpictures »

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 12:56 »
I read of other people who have pictures up there - no one has sold yet... .

Goone4

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 13:13 »
Yeah, that`s a point you can criticize. I don`t say that a agency with 100.000 pictures is a good money-machine. I only like the concept, a new idea. That`s all. Maybe not the right stock for the most microstock-photographers...

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2007, 19:18 »
And the quality of the pix are much better as in one of the Big 5.

You're kidding.

There I have to search through aload of rubbish to get an result after an hour. This is different at Zoonar, because they had a better searchtool as the most other sites.

Yeah, do a search for "business" and you'll find the same spam-f*cked mixture of pictures like on any other microsite. No big difference.

But e.g. the very first picture from a search for "computer" (without changing any sort order etc.) is a photo of a USB stick with a clearly visible brand name (LG's "Xstick"). Congratulations, this is actually a novelty on all microstock sites I know. :)

And also funny: if you chose "random" as sort order the order of the search results never changes. That's the most non-randomly random I've ever seen. :)

I opened a photographer's account there yesterday, let's see what Zoonar will bring in the next months. :D

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2007, 04:54 »
try a search with words like

starclub
funny animal
gothic
raccoon
underwater

And you`ll see the different...  ;D

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2007, 10:19 »
try a search with words like

starclub

Oh, a bunch of celebrity shots with no model releases and no idea whether they can be used RF or editorial only. Dangerous ground when used for commercial purposes.

funny animal

Lots of funny animals everywhere.

gothic

Here I agree, zoonar is delivering more precise results, gothic architecture and gothic styled people as well.

raccoon

Try "raccoons". :)

And you`ll see the different...  ;D

Saw it two days agon when I did a search for "server". Well, now there are at least 2 findings. :D
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 17:35 by lathspell »

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2007, 14:09 »
I just spent some time on the site and this part of the photographer agreement kind of made me stop looking.

"II. Transfer of Rights
1. The photographer transfers to Picture Agency all (copyright) rights of use of the
picture material for every kind of commercial and/or non-commercial use. The right
to exercise accessory rights and droite de suite is also transferred."

vicu

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2007, 20:50 »
I just spent some time on the site and this part of the photographer agreement kind of made me stop looking.

"II. Transfer of Rights
1. The photographer transfers to Picture Agency all (copyright) rights of use of the
picture material for every kind of commercial and/or non-commercial use. The right
to exercise accessory rights and droite de suite is also transferred."

Wow, that is not good. So not only does this transfer the copyright, it says they have permission to resale the "picture material" but the right to be compensated for the sale also is transferred to them. That's just crazy.

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2007, 07:27 »
Hey guys,

my name is Paul and I'm one of the Zoonar cofounders. I didn't want to interfere into this thread but the latests posts of rosta and vicu changed my mind.

It is incorrect that photographers transfer the copyright to Zoonar and that agency retains the compensation for the resale of picture material. Our company is located in Germany and therefore bound by german law. Copyright transfer is NOT allowed by german law. For those who speak german, please check this article:

newbielink:http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urheberrecht [nonactive]

Maybe there is a problem with our english translation and the word "copyright" in the brackets. In the german version of the photographer agreement we've used the word "urheberrechtliche" which possibly should be translated as "copyrighted". I'm neither a lawyer nor a native english speaker, so I'll ask our translator.

The paragraph's intent is to say: you as the photographer have the copyright but to enable us to sell your pictures you have to transfer us the usage rights and even the resale right, but the transfer of rights is non-exclusive (II.3). vicu is correct that Zoonar receives the compensation for resales at first but of course the photographer receives 50-80% (depending on her/his picture amount or revenues) of this compensation, see IV. Remuneration:

"1. As compensation for all services rendered and transfer of rights owed in accordance
with this agreement, Photographer shall receive remuneration as follows:..."

Cheers,

Paul

vicu

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2007, 08:42 »
Thanks for the clarification, but I agree with your suspicion that you should check with your translator. This is not the wording the most people are used to seeing, and a wise person will decide whether to agree to a contract based on what is DOES say, not what they think it WAS MEANT TO say. :)

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2008, 15:18 »
That particular wording in Zoonar's Terms Of Service for photographers is what had me put my application with them on hold, and what had me search on the forums here to see if others had the same concerns about the wording. 

At present, their wording states that the photographer "transfers to Picture Agency all (copyright) rights of use of the picture material for every kind of commercial and/or non-commercial use".  Regardless of whether it says that in the original German contract, it's clearly there in English as part of the legal contract.  There's no getting around that.  I would like to continue my application on the site but will refrain until they correct their wording.

Wording unchanged as of July 2008 - even though the post on here about the possible mistranslation was put on here 2007.  Thinking it won't be changing anytime soon.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 16:06 by xenon »

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2009, 02:45 »
just thought I'd revive this and see if anyone is submitting here?

since they are supplying images to Polylooks perhaps it would be ok to upload and kill to birds with one stone.  On the other hand, I am not sure if I need another 'new' site.

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2009, 02:57 »
I just took a look, but the fact that they use ratings puts me off. I don't want to go down that road again!

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2009, 06:08 »
The ratings are irrelevant on the site, have nothing to do with search ranking etc.

The good things about Zoonar:
- Fair commissions, from 50% up to 80% depending on sales or portfolio size.
- They let you choose between three different price scales (obviously you should not price images on other micro sites too high...)
- Very good communication with contributors (for those who do speak German take a look at www.foto-talk.de)

Sales are still few, but they claim to be in the black and have always talked about needing time to grow.

I am staying there with some hope for the future. And that they upload my port for me to polylooks is another goody...

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2009, 06:29 »
Dear Mr. Krabs, welcome to this board  ;D ... for everybody who doesnt know him, he is the manager from zoonar.
Anyway, I am also from Germany (please forgive my bad english) and I know the most German stock agancies.

I dont want to write novels therefore my short version... if you want to sell stay with shutter, istock, fotolia... uploading to zoonar ist only a waste of time.

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2009, 06:48 »
And as far as I know you are locked in for one year, if you sell through zoonar at polylooks

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2009, 07:08 »
Dear Mr. Krabs, welcome to this board  ;D ...

You're referring to me?
Then you're wrong. (little hint: you assume that one of the founders of Zoonar has his port all over the place at all the micros ;))

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2009, 10:42 »
Hello, my Name is Michael Krabs, one of the five zoonar owner. I just want to explain that i`m not "Dirkr". He is also not a member of our team, no part owner or employee and no friend or family member of me or from other zoonar members...

To push zoonar with fake forum postings is not what we are doing. But we are selling photos. everyday some more. And i think in 1-2 years we will sell enough to see each other again  ;)

m@m

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2009, 11:09 »
I'll see you in a couple of years Mr Krabs...don't call us we'll call you.  ;)

fotorob

• Professional stock content producer
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2009, 11:33 »
I agree that Zoonar has little sales still, but I get about 2-3 sales a month (with over 7000 images online though).
However, I like the attitude that is giving me 80% of each sale (which usually leads to over 10 Euro per sale with me, in the "Premium" price category) and therefore I will keep upload until they can improve their sales.

Bye, Robert

puravida

• diablo como vd
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2009, 12:20 »
what attracted me to you is the headlines that you have attachments to German Telekom, or something like that. but what made me hesitate is you have commentors review and ratings. this is too flickr or amateurish. sounds too much like mostphotos.
if you get rid of the ratings by people, and just stick to being a stock site, i am sure you will get more people here interested in trying. but if you are just too much interested in being another flickr, mostphotos,etc...  not so good.

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2009, 12:22 »
Hello,
Zoonar and Polylooks? Is this one company? If so, I went to Polylooks and it is only in Deutsch. Will you be having English soon?

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2009, 13:08 »
I agree that Zoonar has little sales still, but I get about 2-3 sales a month (with over 7000 images online though).
However, I like the attitude that is giving me 80% of each sale (which usually leads to over 10 Euro per sale with me, in the "Premium" price category) and therefore I will keep upload until they can improve their sales.

Bye, Robert

Wow 7000 images online and just above 30 Euros/month?! Thats a return of below 0.005 /image/month. Thats about 0.25% of what you can make per image/month at istock with a reasonable good portfolio. So you need ~ 400 Zoonars to make the equivalent of what you can make at istock with a similar amount of images  :o
Maybe 20% is not so bad after all as much as I dislike this low royalty..
But thanks for sharing!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 13:09 by Freezingpictures »

puravida

• diablo como vd
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2009, 15:21 »

Wow 7000 images online and just above 30 Euros/month?! Thats a return of below 0.005 /image/month. Thats about 0.25% of what you can make per image/month at istock with a reasonable good portfolio. So you need ~ 400 Zoonars to make the equivalent of what you can make at istock with a similar amount of images  :o
Maybe 20% is not so bad after all as much as I dislike this low royalty..
But thanks for sharing!

yes , i hate to sound pessimistic but Freezingpictures is correct. i have been estimating the returns to portfolio size, and even a poor performing portfolio with any of the Big5 should bring you 20% $/port size. in other words, 7000 images should earn you at worst with a Big 5 site  $1400.

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2009, 15:01 »
oh please don`t compare us with istock. That is not our league and not our destination.

we are a midstock agency, just two years old. the next step of zoonar is to implement a partnership control in 2-3 weeks, then we start to search global content partners like we allready have with polylooks (with good sellings for the first weeks!) but also APIS, Alamy and so far.  The photographers can get up to 80% percent revenues so it will be worthwhile to distribute images about zoonar instead of other "photo-spread-agencys" (distribution orientated midstock agencys). Our concept is more like imagebroker, panthermedia, arco, blickwinkel an so far. we also have microstock-photos but we are no microstock-agency and we don`t dream to be a new "Big 6 Member" in a few years. this is not realistic.

but it is realistic that there will be a market beside the microstock market in the future. agencys will have up to 20-50 millions photos in 3-5 years. so photographers need to have some agencys with more expensive sellings, good fee shares and alternative selling ways to make the same money like today. That`s why zoonar get`s many photos this days.  

Zoonar is interested for microstock-photographers who wants to check out new ways of photo distribution beside the highway.

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2009, 15:53 »
Quick look, and the home page and search result pages are to cluttered for a stock imaging site, any serious stock imaging website aimed at higher paying professional buyers needs to be designed for the buyer and for a good "buyers experience", that is minimal clean and very functional no bells and whistles required.

A buyers time is valuable and they will visits a website to search and view images, but not one cluttered by advertisements, and where the thumbnails are way to small to view, the search results pages should be all about presenting larger readable thumbnails without the need to zoom every image, and not much else and these should be longest side about 170px and in 5 columns, lose the left menu that is taking up good real estate, as is the logon and advertisements, I do like the fact there is no mouse over pop-up!

In my opinion the first plan should be a site makeover from a buyers perspective, this might increase the poor reported sales.

Maybe the trick in choosing if to upload to a website is to look at the site as a buyer and see if the navigation and presentation are going to make you stay and bring you back.

This model has some of the features I like, the different image price points, and like Alamy the mixture of editorial and commercial, I may give this one a go and hope they sort the website out later and decide on the model.

David  ;D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 00:49 by DWL »

« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2009, 02:58 »
We don`t like the mouse over effect and decide to offer a homepage without that nerving feature. But... if the costumers really ask for it, we will think about...

What you can`t see: Zoonar still have an special art-buyer-account. Serios editors and art-buyers will be invited to use this account. They get`s fast and bigger layouts and special buying opinions...

But important is, what i say bevor: Our intention is to spread photos not only to sell them ourself. We like to sell photos but our concept is also to put them into content-partner-distributions all over the world. So you just have to work once and gets money twice from polylooks, alamy, apis and so far.

But we also have to say truly that we are just starting this with polylooks. There are agencys with allready 50-150 partner agencys all over the world. so we still giot a long way to go...

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2009, 08:12 »
Hey guys,

my name is Paul and I'm one of the Zoonar cofounders. I didn't want to interfere into this thread but the latests posts of rosta and vicu changed my mind.

It is incorrect that photographers transfer the copyright to Zoonar and that agency retains the compensation for the resale of picture material. Our company is located in Germany and therefore bound by german law. Copyright transfer is NOT allowed by german law. For those who speak german, please check this article:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urheberrecht

Maybe there is a problem with our english translation and the word "copyright" in the brackets. In the german version of the photographer agreement we've used the word "urheberrechtliche" which possibly should be translated as "copyrighted". I'm neither a lawyer nor a native english speaker, so I'll ask our translator.

The paragraph's intent is to say: you as the photographer have the copyright but to enable us to sell your pictures you have to transfer us the usage rights and even the resale right, but the transfer of rights is non-exclusive (II.3). vicu is correct that Zoonar receives the compensation for resales at first but of course the photographer receives 50-80% (depending on her/his picture amount or revenues) of this compensation, see IV. Remuneration:

"1. As compensation for all services rendered and transfer of rights owed in accordance
with this agreement, Photographer shall receive remuneration as follows:..."

Cheers,

Paul

The copyright section in question was changed quite a while ago, it now says:

The photographer transfers to Picture Agency all rights of use of the picture
material for every kind of commercial and/or non-commercial use. The right to
exercise accessory rights and droite de suite is also transferred.

And please also note, that only the German language version of the contract is legally binding, the English translation is a service for our English speaking photographers, but not legally binding, it also says so in the English language version. Therefore, no copyrights were ever tranferred.

Best regards,
Michael

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2009, 08:44 »
never mind
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 15:52 by Freezingpictures »

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2009, 08:02 »
Picture Agency Zoonar launches new partner management

The Hamburg based picture agency Zoonar has launched a new partner management which enables photographers to control the dissemination of their pictures to content partners and partner agencies. Zoonar will intensify its efforts to find new partners at home and abroad. One special feature of the partner management is that with some partners photographers can get a commission rate of up to 80% of the fees Zoonar gets paid by the partner. Thats why it can be especially lucrative to distribute photos worldwide through Zoonar. The young picture agency aims to build a global photo distribution network within the next few years.

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2009, 07:56 »
Dear Photographers,
before the year draws to a close we would like make some important announcements:

After APIS and Polylooks comes Fotofinder
As you might have already noticed, you have the possibility to release your Zoonar photos, using the Zoonar partner management, for our distribution partners Polylooks (microstock) and APIS/DFJV-Bildportal (all price levels). In January, Fotofinder will become our third content partner. Fotofinder is among the most renowned picture distribution platforms in German-speaking countries. For Fotofinder you can only release premium fotos. If you want to try out our new distribution partner you can always change the pricing model of your photos to premium using the Zoonar picture management.

Another important information for our customers from abroad: photos with English keywords only will get additional German keywords if the photos are released for our partners Polylooks, APIS or Fotofinder. The Zoonar team will translate the keywords, this additional service is free and can also boost your images sales on Zoonar, since we primarily sell photos in German-speaking countries. However, because the translation process is very time consuming,  it can take several weeks or months until all German keywords are added.

Outlook for 2010
Zoonar increased its sales and turnover significantly in 2009. In the new year we will continue our expansion strategy and we will look for new partner agencies in Germany and abroad. Zoonar will be one of the very first picture agency in the world to offer its photographers a commission rate of up to 80% if you release your photos for our partners via Zoonar. As a result we are an especially lucrative photo broker.
We are planning a relaunch of our website in the first quarter of 2010. The site will not only be visually more pleasing, but also simpler to use and more logically structured. After the relaunch we will increase our marketing efforts.
Because of all the projects launchen and measures taken we have an optimistic outook for 2010, despite the tight situation on the market. We wish you good luck, health and success in the new year and we hope that you will stay with us!
A happy new year wishes
Your Zoonar team

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2009, 08:42 »
I usually add the German keywords. Do you still look over these images and add additional German keywords to the images? Because I am not use to keyword my images in German, because I can see that it is problematic if the images do not have German keyword. I think Zoonar generates the most sales through images that were found with German keywords.

You have a very interesting post on your German blog http://www.zoonar.de/blog/2009/11/30/zoonar-bearbeitet-fotos-bis-grose-a1/ about Zoonar's service, that I think is very unique. It is good to know that you offer an excellent service to buyers too (conversion A4 (similar to letter size) to the size of A1 (23.4 in 33.1 in))