pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Heartbleed bug!  (Read 3843 times)

« on: April 11, 2014, 10:49 »
One of my employees just handed me a sheet about this. Looks like I need to change passwords on Gmail, Facebook, Youtube and about a dozen more. Apparently you don't want to change passwords until the patch has been fixed but you do want to change after they have been fixed.

Some other major sites apparently aren't affected. Does anyone know which micros are affected by this and which ones aren't? MSG? Any others?

Thanks
Dennis

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 10:59 »
+1
I changed my passwords for security reasons on all major microstock sites. Have no idea, if it's necessary, but I feel better now 8)

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 11:03 »
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 22:01 by tickstock »

Ron

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 11:09 »

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 12:11 »
+2
Lastpass, if you're signed up for it, has a test for sites in your vault and tells me:

FAA - Fixed, you can change your password now
Pond5 - Not yet updated, wait before changing password

Presumably then iStock, SS and Alamy are OK as I have them in my vault too and they weren't flagged.

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 13:19 »
I changed my passwords for security reasons on all major microstock sites. Have no idea, if it's necessary, but I feel better now 8)
If you did it before the site fixed the bug then you should probably do it again after it's fixed.
Yes, unfortunality true :-\

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 23:00 »
Thanks for the info about LastPass. I didn't know that! How to you get LastPass to check your vault?

Here's a site for people that don't have LastPass to check...

http://mashable.com/2014/04/09/heartbleed-bug-websites-affected/#:eyJzIjoiZiIsImkiOiJfMjEya2lxYW4xbTVrZTV0YiJ9

Lastpass, if you're signed up for it, has a test for sites in your vault and tells me:

FAA - Fixed, you can change your password now
Pond5 - Not yet updated, wait before changing password

Presumably then iStock, SS and Alamy are OK as I have them in my vault too and they weren't flagged.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 23:10 by elvinstar »

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 12:12 »
+1
^  Click on the lastpass icon in your browser, then select "Tools" and "Security Check".  It will open a page with an offer to take their "Security Challenge".  Click the button.

It will then scan all the passwords in your vault and report on how secure it thinks they are, duplicates and the like (might take a while).

After this, it will give a report which includes any sites it found in your vault which are known to have been vulnerable, and whether or not they have been fixed.  If they have, it will recommend you go change your password - if not, it will suggest you wait.

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 17:55 »
^  Click on the lastpass icon in your browser, then select "Tools" and "Security Check".  It will open a page with an offer to take their "Security Challenge".  Click the button.

It will then scan all the passwords in your vault and report on how secure it thinks they are, duplicates and the like (might take a while).

After this, it will give a report which includes any sites it found in your vault which are known to have been vulnerable, and whether or not they have been fixed.  If they have, it will recommend you go change your password - if not, it will suggest you wait.

Thanks! I had clicked the "Security Challenge," but thought that it wasn't what I was looking for. Now I'll go do it again and follow the instructions. :)