pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: March Reporting of PP sales? Be the first.  (Read 17440 times)

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2014, 13:17 »
Oh sorry, I think you told me last month. :-[

I'm Audio Exclusive, and happy with just one site for that.  8)

Anyone getting the Getty Images purple bars? I haven't one for the month and that's kind of odd. Last month they were the first income reported?

Well the bars have reached the end. Looks decent, not really all that much though

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Getty purple? I didn't know indies were eligible for them (?)
There's no word of GI reporting yet.

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2014, 13:42 »
No Getty sales here yet either (video exclusive)

Uncle Pete

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2014, 23:31 »
Senior moments are always understood.  ;D

Hey that was nice. Mentioned it this morning and there they are tonight. Nice purple bars.

Now I can look forward to three kinds of subs from IS, reported on two different places and who know what that will look like. I want a new color, it would be some appropriate for Easter and the April Subs?  8)

I think March is done except getting the payment.

Oh sorry, I think you told me last month. :-[

I'm Audio Exclusive, and happy with just one site for that.  8)

Anyone getting the Getty Images purple bars? I haven't one for the month and that's kind of odd. Last month they were the first income reported?

Well the bars have reached the end. Looks decent, not really all that much though

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Getty purple? I didn't know indies were eligible for them (?)
There's no word of GI reporting yet.

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2014, 20:00 »
+2
This is surely a first ---
Today I got a PP sale reported that occurred in Dec 2013.
I basically closed my account in July. I left only 5 images.
In September I requested all my earnings and had a zero balance until November when a few PP sales added up to $1.20.
That is where my balance stood until yesterday when it went up by .28.
Assuming it was a March PP sale I checked - but no sales reported in March.
So I started going back through the previous months and didn't find a sale until I got to December.

Makes one really wonder about their reporting.

lisafx

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2014, 22:45 »
Last time I got hit hard by the deduction of the clawback, and it left me with no Istock income for a week.  This time I am going to reserve the amount out of the PP sales. 

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2014, 05:53 »
+2
I wouldn't worry.  My PP sales are on a par with Feb, which was my lowest ever, so it's more likely just a search order shuffle. 

Gostwyck hasn't weighed in again, but my sales are also about 30% down on the norm, assuming the month is concluded.

I finished the month a full 30% down from expectations, maybe a bit more. So I decided to do a few test searches to see where my images turned up in the default sort-order and ... oh dear, what a mess.

I clicked on the first image of mine that I found and was surprised to see that it was now actually credited to me as the artist (as opposed previously to just IS). Even better, the name is also clickable so that you can view the artist's portfolio. Anyway, when I clicked on my name I only had a portfolio of 1100 images __ that's about one quarter of what it should have been. Even worse, a few of the images within 'my portfolio' weren't even my images. Some other images were completely corrupted too.

I then did a search on "my name", the way we used to have to do to find our stuff on TS. This time my entire portfolio of 4600 images turned up (including the ones that weren't mine and also the corrupted stuff).

After a bit more digging around with various searches I found that when I clicked on one of my own images, and then clicked on my name to view my portfolio, about 50% of the time I got my 'reduced portfolio' and other times I got my full portfolio.

Overall the search results were a total mess anyway with completely irrelevant stuff dominating the Best Match and most of the good stuff buried well below. I think the site has just descended into deeper levels of uselessness and unreliability and that is probably the explanation for the massive swings in monthly sales. Heigh ho.

lisafx

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2014, 17:50 »
+2
I wouldn't worry.  My PP sales are on a par with Feb, which was my lowest ever, so it's more likely just a search order shuffle. 

Gostwyck hasn't weighed in again, but my sales are also about 30% down on the norm, assuming the month is concluded.

I finished the month a full 30% down from expectations, maybe a bit more. So I decided to do a few test searches to see where my images turned up in the default sort-order and ... oh dear, what a mess.

I clicked on the first image of mine that I found and was surprised to see that it was now actually credited to me as the artist (as opposed previously to just IS). Even better, the name is also clickable so that you can view the artist's portfolio. Anyway, when I clicked on my name I only had a portfolio of 1100 images __ that's about one quarter of what it should have been. Even worse, a few of the images within 'my portfolio' weren't even my images. Some other images were completely corrupted too.

I then did a search on "my name", the way we used to have to do to find our stuff on TS. This time my entire portfolio of 4600 images turned up (including the ones that weren't mine and also the corrupted stuff).

After a bit more digging around with various searches I found that when I clicked on one of my own images, and then clicked on my name to view my portfolio, about 50% of the time I got my 'reduced portfolio' and other times I got my full portfolio.

Overall the search results were a total mess anyway with completely irrelevant stuff dominating the Best Match and most of the good stuff buried well below. I think the site has just descended into deeper levels of uselessness and unreliability and that is probably the explanation for the massive swings in monthly sales. Heigh ho.

Wow.  Just Wow.

I'm grateful to at least have an explanation for the sudden extreme drop.  You obviously have a stronger stomach than I do to have delved into the situation.  Thanks for doing that! 

Sounds completely FUBAR over there.  Makes me wonder if they are now directing all their resources toward implementing the subs program at Istock with an eye toward an eventual phase-out of Thinkstock.  It certainly hasn't proven to be the Shutterstock killer they had hoped.  But then, I suspect nothing will be.

« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2014, 04:38 »
+4
Wow.  Just Wow.

I'm grateful to at least have an explanation for the sudden extreme drop.  You obviously have a stronger stomach than I do to have delved into the situation.  Thanks for doing that! 

Sounds completely FUBAR over there.  Makes me wonder if they are now directing all their resources toward implementing the subs program at Istock with an eye toward an eventual phase-out of Thinkstock.  It certainly hasn't proven to be the Shutterstock killer they had hoped.  But then, I suspect nothing will be.

It certainly doesn't look like they'll be much more investment at TS any time soon with subs now available on IS. If anything TS probably became more of an 'IS Killer' than harming SS. Especially with Getty sales reps phoning up their own customers.

The trouble is, as we know from recent experience, how much confidence can we actually have in the reporting system? With some people reporting massive increases in sales and others significant losses (and other artists' images in my portfolio) how do we even know that whatever sales do happen are actually being attributed to the correct accounts?