pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Request for Questionnaire Support (About Microstock Photography)  (Read 3565 times)

« on: April 22, 2014, 06:04 »
Dear Contributers,

I am an Instructor at Yeditepe University in Turkey, as well as I am a PhD candidate. This research is conducted for  the PhD dessertation titled Microstock Photography in the Digital Age Regarding  Culture Industry in scope of Media Studies post-graduate program of Yeditepe University.

The study is completely academic and it does not include any question that would convey your identity. There are 58 questions in total. It would take 10-15 minutes maximum to answer the questions.

Thank you for your precious time and contribution to the study.

Best regards.

newbielink:http://anket.yeditepe.edu.tr/limesurvey/index.php/155273/lang-en [nonactive]

--
Inst. Basar Hatırnaz
Yeditepe University
Faculty of Communication
Department of Radio, Tv ve Cinema
newbielink:mailto:[email protected] [nonactive]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 06:18 by Basar Hatirnaz »

Ron

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 08:00 »
Done :) Good luck with your study

Ron

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 08:43 »
Question 32 is missing by the way. Its an error.

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 11:54 »
I did go to check out the university (just be sure there was such a university and that it had a media studies program) - sorry for being skeptical, but thought I'd point that out in case anyone else was wondering.

I completed it. There were a lot of questions I answered as best I could, but either I didn't really understand what was being asked, or the question was too simple to answer completely. The number of images varies by site; I was with some agencies in the past but left them because of issues of one kind or another; the sales figures had numbers that were very, very low - the largest was over 100 photos licensed per month, and so on.

Good luck with your work, but I'm not sure what you'll be able to deduce about the market from the questions asked - seemed to be missing too many aspects to capture our current situation (to me anyway).

Ron

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 12:12 »
Those votes down have to be silliest down votes I have seen on this site since the introduction of the voting system.

farbled

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 12:25 »
+2
I imagine someone is doing it because it seems to matter to you. That's my best guess. I've evened it out for you just because. I never noticed them until someone pointed them out to me. Unless you get a huge number of them, they don't really matter much except to irritate or please people.

lisafx

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 12:28 »
+1
I agree with farbled.  Best to ignore the vote counter if you can. 

On topic:  Thanks JoAnn for doing the research to see if this was legit. 

I'm off to the dentist, but will definitely complete the survey when I get back...

farbled

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 12:33 »
+2
I agree with farbled.  Best to ignore the vote counter if you can. 

On topic:  Thanks JoAnn for doing the research to see if this was legit. 

I'm off to the dentist, but will definitely complete the survey when I get back...
Have fun at the dentist. Remember to let him know that pain is best shared.

farbled

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 12:39 »
Oh, and survey completed. Good luck! Would be nice to see some results.

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 12:46 »
merhaba!

i'll be in Istanbul in a couple of weeks, starting a 5 week trip in Turkey, with hopes of many microstock opportunities

submitted the survey -- a few comments on questions:

other areas:
nature
landscape
wildlife

rejection rates can vary tremendously from agency to agency, so one number dosesnt mean much.  also, some of the lowest performing sites have some of the highest rejection rates

numbers are too low
i have many more than 2000 images at MULTIPLE sites

range too low
no option for 'does not apply' -- do not use models

'edited' = 'editorial'?

answers will be distorted since some/many microstock photographers do not do other photography

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 12:49 »
+1
I did go to check out the university (just be sure there was such a university and that it had a media studies program) - sorry for being skeptical, but thought I'd point that out in case anyone else was wondering.

skeptical is always good...

Yeditepe is a well known and respectable university

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 12:49 »
What result is this PhD research supposed to derive from these questions about "Microstock Photography in the Digital Age"?

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 13:12 »
What result is this PhD research supposed to derive from these questions about "Microstock Photography in the Digital Age"?

purpose of the research is: a) to determine the links between content and economical expectations of microstock customers and the criteria of microstock agencies for accepting the photograps to examine the content production process of the photographers regarding culture industry; b) to evaluate the role of the economical loop of these links on the incomes of the photographers.

Whatever that means.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 13:14 by Mantis »

lisafx

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 22:56 »
Finished!  Good luck with your project :)

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2014, 03:18 »
Done !

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 09:35 »
And done!

Good luck with the project :)