MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: What is deathtothestockphoto.com ?  (Read 5021 times)

« on: April 23, 2014, 22:39 »
Does anyone know what this site is about, deathtothestockphoto.com?

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 23:41 »
Ok so I took the plunge and gave them my email which is what I was trying to avoid and found at that joining with an email did not go any farther than that, just an offer to download their latest photos for free. I found out their whole plan is to send people their photos via email. That they are a small stock company. What I can not figure out is how they make money, so they must be actively making money in stock photos on stock sites and this is their side project and somehow someday they will start charging money once they are in high demand.

As a graphic designer you can't wait for the photo you need to someday show up in your email nor would you get a photo in the email and then decide to build your business around it. So in that respect I think they have missed the boat. I am guessing that they expect those who subscribe to the email to save all the photos and build their library on their own computers and that way perhaps they can use the email to get people to buy photos or something, I will have to let you know when I get my first email.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 01:55 »

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 01:56 »
+1
There's been a couple of threads about them before - here is one of them: http://www.microstockgroup.com/general-stock-discussion/death-to-the-stock/msg357867/#msg357867 regards, David.

PZF

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 05:41 »
This seems more threatening to me:  have just seen the link to :http://www.       microstock.photos/

New Microstock.photos Engine let you search and Compare All Major Microstock Agencies

From Mystockphoto: Microstock.photos has indexed more than 30 million photos from iStockphoto, Shutterstock, Fotolia, PressFoto and others. Users can search by title, keyword, orientation, size and color as well as blank area for copy. Search results reveal images from all the sites that are either identical or similar and provides comparative cost and licensing options.

Oh joy!

Or am I  the last person to hear of this?

Ron

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 05:50 »
This seems more threatening to me:  have just seen the link to :http://www.       microstock.photos/

New Microstock.photos Engine let you search and Compare All Major Microstock Agencies

From Mystockphoto: Microstock.photos has indexed more than 30 million photos from iStockphoto, Shutterstock, Fotolia, PressFoto and others. Users can search by title, keyword, orientation, size and color as well as blank area for copy. Search results reveal images from all the sites that are either identical or similar and provides comparative cost and licensing options.

Oh joy!

Or am I  the last person to hear of this?

Picturengine offers the same service.

http://www.picturengine.com/

PZF

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 06:13 »
+1
Wow! Must have been sleeping..........
But thanks anyway!

Goofy

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 09:45 »
+2
Does anyone know what this site is about, deathtothestockphoto.com?

iStock   :(

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 11:55 »
+1
So like online shopping it helps you find the lowest price among all the micro stock sites....  Seems like the race to the bottom gets faster

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

EmberMike

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 21:39 »
+1
So like online shopping it helps you find the lowest price among all the micro stock sites....  Seems like the race to the bottom gets faster

We're way off topic here, but...

These comparison shopping tools have been around for years and there is no evidence that anyone is using them in any significant way or that they really aid in this so-called "race to the bottom". If they were any real threat, we'd be seeing increasing sales from the cheaper places and iStock would have gone out of business completely by now.

Like most things around here these days, it's just a weak theory that comparison sites/tools do anything at all to our earnings.

Back on topic...

deathtothestockphoto.com is no threat either. As mentioned in other threads, the usefulness of the images offered is very limited, and the photos aren't good for commercial use without model and property releases. For commercial use, it's a sort of "use at your own risk" scenario. Which obviously isn't going to work for most buyers.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 21:42 by EmberMike »

Sponsors

Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results

Sponsors