MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: So sad  (Read 4287 times)

una

« on: April 24, 2014, 22:03 »
+11
Nice portfolio. Good skills in Photoshop. Unfortunately this person is using other peoples work in his photos. Check this, maybe you will find something that might be interesting.
http://www.shutterstock.com/gallery-1454597p1.html
http://www.dreamstime.com/rfischia_more-popular-photos_pg1
http://www.fotolia.com/p/202483008

Gino

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 03:53 »
+3
Did you already report this to SS? They will probably ban him and they should. He is using other peoples hard work to earn money.

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 09:02 »
I'm not good enough for people to want to copy me.

Maybe someday... :-\

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 12:39 »
Can you elaborate? Are the images stolen or is he using stock images to create the images he is selling?

una

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 17:02 »
+8
Yes Im writing to SS and all the others, this port is on many stock sites, I'm still searching. I posted links here because I thought some of you might find your works, or part of works, slightly changed.
This person obviously had my work in full resolution and only applied a small changes, he is very good with Photoshop. If I wasnt  100% positive I wouldnt post links here. I really don't think it is ok to take other people work and change it a bit, than sell it as your own...

ethan

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 09:01 »
+3
If this has been reported, it so far looks like Shutterstock et.al are not interested. The link to the SS, DT and FT portfolios are still valid and the images appear to be available for download/purchase.

ethan

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 09:47 »
+3
OK. I have been keeping my beady eye on this for a few days, and so far nothing has happened. Maybe posting in this post again will 'kick start' so-called respective executives in taking action. It will also widen the exposure of this alleged theft to more viewers on this forum.

Seven days later the links to this persons portfolio are still active, therefore nothing appears to have been done :(

I can understand why FT might want to keep the portfolio active on their site in light of D-Day but what is Shutterstock's excuse? "We take image theft seriously yada yada yada"

Yeah Right.

How much more information do they need  ?

ADMIN: maybe changing the title might help? What about "Shutterstock Failing to Take Action on Stolen Images"

That might work :)

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 10:47 »
Perhaps it isn't a theft. SS have been pretty swift in closing thieves' accounts in the past. Maybe Una is mistaken - with such oft-copied concepts there are a lot of similars around.

ethan

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 10:50 »
+4
Perhaps it isn't a theft. SS have been pretty swift in closing thieves' accounts in the past. Maybe Una is mistaken - with such oft-copied concepts there are a lot of similars around.

Paste from "Una's" second post.

This person obviously had my work in full resolution and only applied a small changes, he is very good with Photoshop. If I wasnt  100% positive I wouldnt post links here. I really don't think it is ok to take other people work and change it a bit, than sell it as your own...

Does that seem to you like someone making a wild or rash allegation?

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 10:55 »

Paste from "Una's" second post.

Does that seem to you like someone making a wild or rash allegation?

No - but it could be somebody who is mistaken. We don't even have the images to compare so the entire case rests on Una's assessment and our faith in that. I'm inclined to think that SS will have checked the allegation and if they didn't kill the portfolio then it probably means they concluded that Una was mistaken.

ethan

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 12:07 »
So then I guess it's over to Una to come back and tell us all what is happening.

una

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 12:08 »
+1

No - but it could be somebody who is mistaken. We don't even have the images to compare so the entire case rests on Una's assessment and our faith in that. I'm inclined to think that SS will have checked the allegation and if they didn't kill the portfolio then it probably means they concluded that Una was mistaken.

No I am not. I know my work.
 I am still patiently waiting for the results. In the meantime I am trying to find out what exactly he did to my work. Similarity is one thing and distorting other peoples work a bit is something else.
I'll let you know the results. This is very frustrating situation. If they are looking only for exact fragments of picture and tolerate distortions authors are in problem.

ethan

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 12:12 »
Thank you Una. Please let us all know when you hear something definitive (and good luck).

una

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 13:40 »
+1
Yes I will. Thank you :)

Sponsors

Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results

Sponsors