pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: ShutterTalk?  (Read 9115 times)

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2014, 17:44 »
Maybe if I went I could learn how to get images accepted ;)

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2014, 20:27 »
I got the invite as well, I wish I could go as well...Maybe next time!

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2014, 21:02 »
+1
I'll be running this event in Toronto as a Canadian Community Leader. It is for Canadian contributors and primarily focused on Canadian content. But, as Scott said, there will be events like this happening around the world, in the US, and other parts of Canada too. Building the Shutterstock community, making information about creative briefs available, and helping new and existing contributors connect with meetups, workshops and events is the goal.

Anyone in the Toronto area, looking forward to seeing you there. Even if you're not a Canadian contributor, you're certainly welcome. The information will be relevant for all stills and video contributors.

Stacey, could you be more specific about the agenda and who the guest speakers will be?

Elena,

Do you realise that your 14k+ images are still available (full size, at $1 a pop) at the Dollar Photo Club?

See here;

http://www.dollarphotoclub.com/Search?creator_id=32101

Why haven't you opted out yet?

Hmm is there an opt-out for that? How do you do that?

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2014, 21:11 »
+3
My Account > My Profile> Contributor Parameters > Sell my files on DPC - Modify. (Make sure the text now reads Dont sell my files on DPC.)

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2014, 21:15 »
+2
Ah found it - thanks! Opted out now.

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2014, 05:56 »
+1
Got invited too. It's a pitty this things never happen in Portugal. :(

SNP

• Canadian Photographer
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2014, 14:32 »
Invitations were meant for those in and around Toronto, but it was a lucky error in that it is terrific to see the international interest that has been expressed. There are community leaders in other countries too that will be planning similar events, we're communicating with one another to share info and ideas. 

Doing these in-person events is such a good way for contributors to get to know one another regionally, to visit one another abroad, and to gain firsthand advice, input, and information about local content needed by city/region and/or by country. This first event in Toronto is designed to be in-person, with idea exchanges, introductions, and socializing between local Shutterstock/Offset contributors and aspiring contributors. Live streaming and video is a great idea, particularly for events that are more internationally-focused. More events are in the works that we hope to make accessible to anyone interested, in various regions across the globe. But, actually attending is always the best way to experience these group events.

We have someone arranged to take video of ShutterTalk Toronto, and certainly all information is going to be made available to any interested contributors. What is said about the need for local content is certainly applicable to producing local content in your region of the world. Those interested in this event are very welcome to connect with me if you think you'll be in the Toronto area around May 23rd.

For Canadian contributors - we do have a Facebook group started. Please join the group for discussions, information and to know about future events.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/693250827405065/

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2014, 15:10 »
+1
I got the invite too - way too far for a 2-hour meetup but certainly a great idea. NYC is a one-hour train ride away, so hoping they will do one at their new offices. Would especially love to get a chance to share some of my other work with Offset and would love some discussion of what makes one photo more suited for micro and another for more traditional stock, a dilemma I struggle with as I decide where to place my images.

I'd be happy to travel a lot farther if it was a multi-day affair with seminars and shooting ops, and a bit more advance notice to plan a trip.  Kudos on the idea and hope there's one near me soon. 8)

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2014, 15:27 »
+1
Toronto is too far for me, too, but if you do one in Chicago or Indianapolis I would try to be there.

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2015, 06:42 »
+1
Since last April I have been seeing a few posts for Shutterstock community events which feature, lectures, workshops, courses, photowalks, etc.

Thou I have looked for local events and contact information for local Shutterstock Community Leaders. I have yet to find any of these community events offered in my region of the world. So far they seem to be limited to priority regions and as such very few contributors. I did find a few that are not in my region by googleing "Shutterstock Community Leaders" & "Shutterstock Community Events"

I have talked to long term contributors in the Shutterstock community; who have consistently done the most to build the contributor community at Shutterstock, as well as helping untold numbers of fellow contributors over the last ten years. Those active long term supporters have heard nothing at all about these events. Nor have they been invited to participate.

Is there a list available on shutterstock which offers a list of regional & local Shutterstock Community Leaders, so that everyone can assess these resources? 

At the very least is there a video available to everyone who contributes to Shutterstock, which lists the high demand images Shutterstock is looking for in the year to come; as detailed during during community event lectures which seem to be limited to a small number of contributors?

An example of posts on Shutterstock outlining resources available to contributors in limited regions.

http://forums.submit.shutterstock.com/topic/76588-writers-wanted-for-stock-photography-advice-

website/

Calling all Shutterstock contributors with experience having something to share !!!

I'm a local Shutterstock community leader in Amsterdam running the Amsterdam Photo Club, We have created a new website called FastTrackToStockPhotography.com (sponsored by Shutterstock), and we are now looking for writers, Give advise on how to succeed as a Shutterstock contributor, or share your knowledge of taking high quality photos. In return, we will showcase your website and portfolio.

Snip

There are several local Shutterstock communities around the world. We create events helping photographers get through the Shutterstock submission process. We also host lectures by Shutterstock's staff about which photos are on high demand and what Shutterstock is looking for in the year to come. We organize lectures, workshops, courses, photowalks and other events.

From the top of my head, so far there are active Shutterstock communities in the UK, Canada, Netherlands, Brazil, Japan, Spain and United Arab Emirates. All working together to organise free events to help Shutterstock contributors develop their portfolios.

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2015, 06:44 »
+1
A list with local community leaders would be a brilliant idea. Give them a page and a blog that people can keeping checking for events.

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2015, 06:52 »
A list with local community leaders would be a brilliant idea. Give them a page and a blog that people can keeping checking for events.

You and Stacey are a Shutterstock Community Leaders are you not, why not mention this to shutterstock so that everyone can can have access to these resources that shutterstock is offering to a select few.

At the very least they should make a video available to all contributors, which lists the high demand images Shutterstock is looking for in the year to come; as detailed during shutterstock sponsored community event lectures.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 06:54 by gbalex »

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2015, 07:09 »
No, I do not, never have, work/ed for SS.

i have attended their dinners or talks here in Cologne just like many other artists here in Germany.

They have events in Berlin,frankfurt, hamburg and i think munich. There was a list somewhere where they would go next.

Stacey has worked as a SS community builder, don't know if she is still doing it.

I also don't know if there is any speciliased person for my region, I think the SS berlin office is responsible for it all.

I also don't have access to any "Special" resources, I wish I did, then maybe my photos would sell better.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 07:43 by cobalt »

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2015, 13:08 »
+1
No, I do not, never have, work/ed for SS.

i have attended their dinners or talks here in Cologne just like many other artists here in Germany.

They have events in Berlin,frankfurt, hamburg and i think munich. There was a list somewhere where they would go next.

Stacey has worked as a SS community builder, don't know if she is still doing it.

I also don't know if there is any speciliased person for my region, I think the SS berlin office is responsible for it all.

I also don't have access to any "Special" resources, I wish I did, then maybe my photos would sell better.

You do have access to resources that are not available to most shutterstock contributors.  Shutterstock is not offering these events to the majority of shutterstock contributors.

The guidance on high demand images alone would be helpful.