MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Grab the Asian Market with MotionElements.com  (Read 47635 times)

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2014, 22:59 »
+2
This thread makes me want to try my hands on video...

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2014, 05:07 »
10 sales, started from nov 2013,  67 clips online.

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2014, 07:55 »
10 sales, started from nov 2013,  67 clips online.

I am a little confused.  Do they approve clips or are all accepted? I have uploaded some test clips and they say they are online, but they say that immediately after I put in my keywords and submit.

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2014, 22:57 »
It's been a busy past month for us here, so our kindest apologies for not being able to respond sooner. Without further delay let me get back to some of your comments:

@Boguc
I uploaded several clips a few days ago. These clips are still on ftp directory, but there is nothing to tag/edit/manage on the site.

Good to have you on board MotionElements! Your clips have been ready to be managed probably a few hours since you last checked. We apologise for it not being available immediately due to heavy upload traffic.

We hope that you could publish these soon.

@davidgoh
Hello fellow Singaporeans!
Great to see more locals entering the stock scene, whatever the medium.
You guys are doing really great so far introducing yourselves on this forum -- makes me proud of my fellow countrymen. 
I'm not a footage person (I only create illustrations/vectors), but if you ever expand into the vector market, please let me know. I'm exclusive with iStock for now, but I'm always looking out for other possible avenues if things should change in future.
Until then, good luck! I'd say it's a great sign that the people here at MSG are welcoming you.

We appreciate the compliment and were glad that we make you proud. While we are not into vectors/illustrations due to our focus on video but we do think that there is a market for it in Asia, so we do hope that you do well in that respect.

@onepointfour
This thread makes me want to try my hands on video...

When you do, give us a go, at the very least we promise to pay you fairly. :)

@Harvepino
Nice introduction.   A bit of fresh air after all the IS/DT/etc threads.
I joined some weeks ago and uploaded the few animations I have at the moment. I'm only just starting with videos, but shifting my focus towards it to achieve 50/50 income balance between pictures and videos in a year's time.
The whole upload/submit process went well. I have fingers crossed for you guys, the website looks nice, it'll be great if we start seeing some sales kicking in.

Great to have you Harvepino! Thanks for feedback on the upload/submit process, its far from perfect but we are getting there so feel free to pm me any comments so we can improve this as we move on. The same applies to the rest of the MSG members who are already with us.

@Smithore, Ruchos & Harvepino

Sales is always of tantamount importance, and believe me it gives us great joy to give payouts to our Artists. We are humble enough to admit that we are not yet at a level where we can replicate some of your successes in other marketplaces for more contributors. There are those that are finding their groove in our marketplace and we certainly hope that this hold true for more contributors.

We are hard at work at selling the works that are with us to our markets. No matter what, rest assured that we will be paying you your fair share, which is always at least 50% of the price that you yourself specify.

That should wrap it up. We appreciate the feedback from MSG Forums, and we hope that we can keep the conversation going.

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2014, 11:44 »
I'll upload many Asian themed clips if you enable file format other than the jpeg stuff.  I usually have prores422.

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2014, 11:48 »
actually last week i redirected a poster  to you after i noticed his portfolio was asian-cultured.
not sure if he did come to you.

do i get a free tshirt?  even if i am not with you as i do not have asian culture port.

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2014, 19:55 »
Is something wrong with motion elements? None of the videos play for me on that site but videos play fine on P5 and Revostock. My adobe flash is enabled.

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2014, 00:09 »
+1
Greetings to the MSG Community.

Just took the time to respond to feedback from the MSG Forums  ;)

I'll upload many Asian themed clips if you enable file format other than the jpeg stuff.  I usually have prores422.

We have support for prores422 so you are very much welcome to get on board MotionElements.

I do have to clarify however that we market to a worldwide audience but with increased focus on the Asian markets. What this means is that your non-Asian content would sit well together with the Asian ones. The Asian market is open to video clips that have non-Asian subjects.

actually last week i redirected a poster  to you after i noticed his portfolio was asian-cultured.
not sure if he did come to you.

do i get a free tshirt?  even if i am not with you as i do not have asian culture port.

This is incredible and your referral is much appreciated. As with the above point, MotionElements welcomes content from around the world, not just Asian-centric ones, so we'd be happy to have you come aboard as well etudiante_rapide.  ;D

Is something wrong with motion elements? None of the videos play for me on that site but videos play fine on P5 and Revostock. My adobe flash is enabled.

Mantis, I've checked the issue and it seems to be resolved. Should there be any issues down the line, we'd be very happy to address it ASAP so do drop me a MSG PM or better yet send the issue to my E-mail or to artists[at]motionelements.com. This way we can respond faster to any issues.

I must say that the MSG forums has and will always be a good place to get constructive feedback. We appreciate the support the community has shown. We are hard at work to make MotionElements better through your contributions.  :)

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2014, 17:13 »
+1
Greetings to the MSG Community.

Just took the time to respond to feedback from the MSG Forums  ;)

This is incredible and your referral is much appreciated. As with the above point, MotionElements welcomes content from around the world, not just Asian-centric ones, so we'd be happy to have you come aboard as well etudiante_rapide.  ;D

I must say that the MSG forums has and will always be a good place to get constructive feedback. We appreciate the support the community has shown. We are hard at work to make MotionElements better through your contributions.  :)

john, thx 4 the invite. but for 2014-5 i m concentrating on editorials and photog, and ME is focusing (no pun intended) on vid.  but it's my pleasure 2 have re-directed someone here 2 u.
i m just returning the favour many gave me when i was new 2 the business.

and yes, Tyler's MSG is a good meeting place 4 solidarity, where some of us can get 2gether,
(alas it is not the local pub, which would have been better ... 4 me  8) )

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2014, 09:39 »
ut it's my pleasure 2 have re-directed someone here 2 u.
i m just returning the favour many gave me when i was new 2 the business.

This is much appreciated etudiante_rapide! It is a community after all so it's great to share when you care.

john, thx 4 the invite. but for 2014-5 i m concentrating on editorials and photog, and ME is focusing (no pun intended) on vid.

We certainly hope that when you shift your focus to stock video please do consider our marketplace as one of your agencies to partner with.  ;)

Hi john,

I am also faithfully uploading to ME....new site that pays fairly. Without divulging any numbers (unless you want to) what does the growth of your buyer base look like since launch? I know your focus is on the Asian market but to you anticipate expanding your reach?

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2014, 22:01 »
Hi john,

I am also faithfully uploading to ME....new site that pays fairly. Without divulging any numbers (unless you want to) what does the growth of your buyer base look like since launch? I know your focus is on the Asian market but to you anticipate expanding your reach?

Hi Mantis. We really appreciate you having with us. Buyer growth has been great thus far, traffic and number of transactions have definitely increased. I hope you understand that we can't really delve into specifics at this point, but the outlook is very positive.

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2014, 19:10 »
Just a caution, there is a fee when your payment is sent to Paypal.  I had a $20 commission and paid $1.82 in Paypal fees. Why is there a fee?

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2014, 05:12 »
Just a caution, there is a fee when your payment is sent to Paypal.  I had a $20 commission and paid $1.82 in Paypal fees. Why is there a fee?

Hi Mantis,

We ultimately pay out precisely 50% of the Sale Price of sold content whenever non-exclusive content is sold. Any other administrative fees from external parties such as PayPal are beyond our control. What I can give out however is PayPal's page for charging fees for transactions below:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

As stated, there are various factors that affect their fees, from location, account type (they charge business PayPal accounts more), to even involving currency exchange when applicable.

As our records do not show how much PayPal has charged you, should you wish to discuss the details of the transaction, you can drop me a PM and discuss the issue directly, as PayPal may be mistakenly charging you the wrong fees from our payouts.

I hope this helps and talk to you soon.

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2014, 05:20 »
I've never paid a fee for any Paypal payout from an MS site.  The site always picks up the bill.

Valo

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2014, 05:42 »
Sending a mass payment in PayPal to pay contributors only cost like 6 dollar for the sender. I never paid a fee for receiving a pay out either. If you cant absorb 6 dollar you need to find another business to run.

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2014, 08:12 »
This is the first time I have ever had a fee.

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2014, 22:27 »
+1
Confirm there was also a 1.75usd paypal fee for the one and only clip i sold at ME after 3 months with full port (+-300 clips) and relative high prices set (SS level prices more or less).
Of course low to non-existent sales is propably to be expected,and i wouldn't bother at all to upload if ME were to have fixed prices and low commissions,so i will just  leave my port there for the time being.
Lots of views btw but it doesnt seem to mean much.

I am bringing up this thread to address some issues i find rather disturbing.
First of all there seems to be no kind of curation at all,and if there is any, there is no way to know if content was curated and if changes were made,although i don't think this is the case.
Second of all categorization is just absurd,but i don't know if that indexing has any meaning to search results so i just mention it as an aesthetic issue to me.

What i really dont like is that there is a character cap in the description.Some files just need more words to be described,and some words get cut.
Again no indication,you submit and then check your clip's name to see how many characters above limit you are.

And the latest thing where when you set your price the "free" box gets automatically ticked and you need to untick it (if you notice it before clicking the publish button) is just plain sleazy.

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2014, 02:23 »
Confirm there was also a 1.75usd paypal fee for the one and only clip i sold at ME after 3 months with full port (+-300 clips) and relative high prices set (SS level prices more or less).
Of course low to non-existent sales is propably to be expected,and i wouldn't bother at all to upload if ME were to have fixed prices and low commissions,so i will just  leave my port there for the time being.

First of all there seems to be no kind of curation at all,and if there is any, there is no way to know if content was curated and if changes were made,although i don't think this is the case.
Second of all categorization is just absurd,but i don't know if that indexing has any meaning to search results so i just mention it as an aesthetic issue to me.

What i really dont like is that there is a character cap in the description.Some files just need more words to be described,and some words get cut.
Again no indication,you submit and then check your clip's name to see how many characters above limit you are.

And the latest thing where when you set your price the "free" box gets automatically ticked and you need to untick it (if you notice it before clicking the publish button) is just plain sleazy.

I have 200 clips + and no sales after 6 months. Not worth uploading more until sales appear. The same clips sell well elsewhere. I also notice some of the most popular search terms on this website include things like "free download", " free footage" etc. Not confident at this stage but I'll wait and see if anything happens.

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2014, 07:28 »

I have 200 clips + and no sales after 6 months. Not worth uploading more until sales appear. The same clips sell well elsewhere. I also notice some of the most popular search terms on this website include things like "free download", " free footage" etc. Not confident at this stage but I'll wait and see if anything happens.

I have also stopped uploading there along with Revostock.  Neither is producing any income.

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2014, 11:04 »
I checked my paypal balance again and found something rather interesting that i had overlooked.
Next to my payment from ME there is an ISSUE REFUND button,something i have never seen in any payment i have received from anywhere,let alone from stock.
That practically makes me the seller,and paypal fees are charged upon me.
That's not paypal's fault,it seems that it's propably the dealing ME did with paypal,somehow declaring me as the seller and them the buyer.

I have never sold through paypal so it would be nice if someone with seller experience can clarify if my hypothesis is correct.
And if that's true are there any legal implications?
No curation and me being the seller could for example mean that ME doesnt take blame if i accidentally sell editorial as commercial and someone decides to sue?

Expect official confirmation on this.

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2014, 14:23 »
I checked my paypal balance again and found something rather interesting that i had overlooked.
Next to my payment from ME there is an ISSUE REFUND button,something i have never seen in any payment i have received from anywhere,let alone from stock.
That practically makes me the seller,and paypal fees are charged upon me.
That's not paypal's fault,it seems that it's propably the dealing ME did with paypal,somehow declaring me as the seller and them the buyer.

I have never sold through paypal so it would be nice if someone with seller experience can clarify if my hypothesis is correct.
And if that's true are there any legal implications?
No curation and me being the seller could for example mean that ME doesnt take blame if i accidentally sell editorial as commercial and someone decides to sue?

Expect official confirmation on this.

Well, the one sale I did have on ME they charged me for the transaction. They tried to say it was Paypal but it's ME and something they did.

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2014, 07:17 »
I have a few sales each month at Motion Elements. Uploading is easy so for me it's worth it.
I do think that the Paypal costs are very high, around 5%. All other stock agencies charge nothing!

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2014, 03:40 »

Hi Everyone!

Apologies for the late reply to some of the questions on this thread. We have recently finished our show at the Japan Inter BEE 2014 where we received a lot of requests and excitement for the work on MotionElements. We're also working on more outreach to buyers so listen out for us!

For now, I hope to answer a few understandable concerns some of you have had on our site.

Paypal Transaction Fees
We understand the concern regarding these fees. We talked to PayPal to verify where these fees are coming from.

When buyers purchase your elements from us, we immediately give you 50%. For example, if you price your element at $50, we immediately set aside $25 to be paid to you, no fees deducted. Any transactional fees from this purchase will be deducted from our side. We pay all artists the following month as well, with no minimum amount required for payout.

The amount which is deducted when you receive is a Paypal 'Commercial Transaction Fee'. It is a standard service fee for receiving any payment through a Paypal account and is reflected as a 'Transaction Fee'. This fee goes to Paypal directly and we do not see or receive any of this amount.

For Paypal in certain regions, however, they can have 'Personal Payments' between domestic transactions. For Personal Payment transactions, PayPal does not charge a fee. Perhaps that is why some of you don't see any fees from other marketplaces.

On that note, do let us know if you have a personal preference for another payment method and we'll be glad to look into it. We are constantly on the lookout on new tech and systems which can help improve your experience on ME.

Paypal Refund Button
The refund is a standard for PayPal Commercial Transactions. It will be there for 60 days from the date of transaction. The refund is to MotionElements and not to the buyer of the element. (Don't click it!) Our Contributor and Membership Agreements and Artist protection are still in place. (For our Contributor Agreement, you can read more here -
http://www.motionelements.com/legal/contributor)

If you require more info on PayPal fees, please refer to their website Fees page: https://www.paypal.com/al/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside
There is a link to their Fees Policy page as well if you require a (very) detailed breakdown of how PayPal charges for transactions.

'Free' Check box for elements
Thank you very much @gcrook for pointing this out to us! This issue has been fixed and we apologise for the bug. As a precaution, please check that your elements are not ticked 'Free' if you didn't intend it to be!

Element Description Field Word Cap
@gcrook We've looked into this issue but there didn't seem to be a word cap. Please do let me know if this problem persists on your end and PM me so I can look into it for you asap.

There are also more upgrades and security features coming up to make MotionElements a more conducive marketplace for all. Please keep a lookout for them!

We are very committed to making MotionElements a great place for all artists to buy, find and sell their elements. Please do let us know if you guys have any suggestions or spot something which can be improved on our site!

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2014, 10:28 »
Uploading process is smooth.  Tagging is easy too.  I heard Motionelements sales are better than Revostock.  I hope it's true.