MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Has StockFuel gone as well  (Read 8955 times)

« on: May 20, 2014, 20:17 »
stockfuel.com Cant remember the last time I had a sale on Stockfuel .. so emailed last week to close account and try and get the $42 that's been there forever and today its a go daddy holding page

Goofy

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 21:45 »
stockfuel.com Cant remember the last time I had a sale on Stockfuel .. so emailed last week to close account and try and get the $42 that's been there forever and today its a go daddy holding page

consider the $42 a charity donation thus a tax right off  8)

Tryingmybest

• Stand up for what is right
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 11:55 »

Darn. Not connecting here either. But FTP connects fine. I'd hate to see them go. Good royalties (but low sales). A seamless submission process for illustrators. I like the independents like Stockfuel. I have even bought RF music from them for personal videos.  :'(
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 12:40 by TheBlackRhino »

fuel

• Driving Stockfuel.com

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 20:00 »
Greetings Stock Fuel Fans!

The deal is done, and we are the new owners of Stock Fuel.
I know there is some history behind us, but that is the past.  We are motivated to take the site to the next level.

We have all records of royalties owed, and some changes are coming that contributors should really like.

Stockfuel.com has been neglected for way too long.  We are making a significant investment to attempt to become a major player in the microstock space.

Stay tuned!!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 04:01 »
May I ask, how will you compete now with other stock agencies selling from $1? "Buy royalty free stock from $1"
What will you offer to your buyers and to your photographers?
This is first question from us when agency beginns...

fuel

• Driving Stockfuel.com

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 19:42 »
+1
These are great questions because there is clearly a lot of competition. 

I can't get too detailed in our plans, but we are starting with a complete technology refresh.  A ground up site is being engineered right now using all modern frameworks and development practices.  The emphasis is on user experience, quality of search and public APIs.

We will provide a very modern and pleasing shopping experience.  Our next steps will be to take advantage of the API and extend our reach into less traditional channels.  We are developing software that will improve search quality, and put our library in places beyond the web site.

Please, watch us this year!  2015 is going to be exciting!

Tryingmybest

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 21:16 »
Good luck. I hope it works out. I've been there since 2010 with illustrations. Please make the FTP vector upload a little easier with the "vector.filename.zip" just plain old "filename.zip" Otherwise, the submission process is really nice.

These are great questions because there is clearly a lot of competition. 

I can't get too detailed in our plans, but we are starting with a complete technology refresh.  A ground up site is being engineered right now using all modern frameworks and development practices.  The emphasis is on user experience, quality of search and public APIs.

We will provide a very modern and pleasing shopping experience.  Our next steps will be to take advantage of the API and extend our reach into less traditional channels.  We are developing software that will improve search quality, and put our library in places beyond the web site.

Please, watch us this year!  2015 is going to be exciting!

fuel

• Driving Stockfuel.com

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 01:38 »
Thanks Striving.  We'll see you around....

Tryingmybest

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 08:08 »

Fuel, for some reason my account has been deleted at Stockfuel. I was owed money as well. None of my images are there and I cannot login. I sent a message to [email protected]. Maybe you can look into this.

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2015, 08:58 »
Are there further steps after the ftp upload progress?
Just want to upload and not more. Do we need to add category or similar time wasting things?

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2015, 09:01 »

Fuel, for some reason my account has been deleted at Stockfuel. I was owed money as well. None of my images are there and I cannot login. I sent a message to [email protected]. Maybe you can look into this.

They said 2015 was going to be exciting.  :o

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2015, 09:06 »
This is one of those "Honestly, why are you bothering?" sites.

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2015, 09:24 »

They said 2015 was going to be exciting.  :o
2015 not over yet. But.. hm the site realy needs a redesign at first.  :o

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2016, 15:40 »
2015 not over yet. But.. hm the site realy needs a redesign at first.  :o

Hi! I work for StockFuel.com but I'm just a software engineer.  8) Today I was looking at how SEO friendly we are. I've been fixing SEO bugs for weeks now! It's getting better. Anyway, I noticed the Microstock Group listed in our backlinks and started reading these older posts. I wanted to post a short update for you guys. But please keep in mind, I am just a programmer and not a biz dev or support person. I can't really speak for the owner or company in that capacity. All I can do is redirect you to info@ 

So! I've been working with them on StockFuel.com for about a year now. We pretty much rebuilt the whole thing. If you guys have accounts, I think you should have received an email after we soft-launched last Fall. At that time, we had sales online but no uploads. Currently, we have Photo uploads only. We're still working on Videos, After Effects, and Vectors uploads. This may be a month or three out yet. We also recently managed to get our new custom curation system solid enough to start engaging our backlog of products. We're processing new products regularly now, even for categories where uploads are not yet enabled.

The site had fallen into a sorry state of disrepair. A complete rebuild of the entire infrastructure stack was extremely disruptive, but I believe we have a fantastic foundation now. I don't understand the royalty free media business as well as the leadership, but we clearly have a lot of lost momentum to recover from years of sitting stagnant online. While I can't promise anything (I'm not that guy), if anyone has any feedback to offer here, I can make sure it gets integrated into the conversation on this end.

P.S. I know this was a dated thread and I do see the 120 day warning. However, as a new user I have to reply to a post and I think this is the most recent place Stock Fuel was mentioned. I would like to try to be a participant here on this community. If I post wrong, please be patient and provide me with direction. Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 21:57 by zaskoda »