pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Do we earn a extended license comission if these guys sell.. wallsheaven.de  (Read 7714 times)

« on: May 21, 2014, 15:04 »
+2
Hello never saw this website.
http://wallsheaven.de/
Do we earn a extended license with a sale with this and similar shops?

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 15:45 »
Here we go again. A POD site with all of our images. I emailed them asking who provides their images. They do give photo credits to your user name.

This is a Fotolia partner for POD.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 16:03 by Mantis »

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 16:45 »
so we earn a sub commission for a print media? argh this fotlia..  :o

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 16:52 »
My Firefox can't find this website...  ???

Ron

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 16:58 »

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 17:08 »
I am on there as well, and how do I get my cut, and how much??

http://wallsheaven.de/fototapeten/flag-painted-on-face-with-green-eye-to-show-switzerland-support-A19466314

I emailed Fotolia and asked. Basically said that if an image sells for $230 h
What is my cut?

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 17:11 »
+1
0,23  ;D

Ron

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 17:11 »
I am on there as well, and how do I get my cut, and how much??

http://wallsheaven.de/fototapeten/flag-painted-on-face-with-green-eye-to-show-switzerland-support-A19466314

I emailed Fotolia and asked. Basically said that if an image sells for $230 h
What is my cut?
I have emailed Wallhell first and then I will contact Fotoliars. I am competing with my own work.

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 17:12 »
+1
0,23  ;D

I bet it's just like the dp thing

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 17:40 »
There are a lot sites like that out there that seem to use the Fotolia API.
When that first came up some years ago, FT said that once such a product is sold they have to buy a regular licence (of the biggest size available), we would then get our regular royalty for an XL or XXL credit sale.

Whether this was true and / or still is true, I don't know.

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 17:59 »
+2
I was firmly convinced that an Extended license is required when the value of the object is in the image itself.

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 19:04 »
+3
I was firmly convinced that an Extended license is required when the value of the object is in the image itself.

I agree with you, but we went round and round with Fotolia (probably 2007 or so?) about this when they first gave permission to a site to operate this way - put preview images in their store and then just buy a license (regular) each time the print sold, if it did.

FT's argument was that if a buyer licensed the work himself, he'd be within the license to take the file to a print and frame place and make himself a print; they said the print shop was just acting as a purchasing helper for the buyer.

We asked the obvious questions - if the buyer purchased the license, shouldn't he have the file and was FT going to monitor these deals as it would seem to be sooo tempting for a store to pay once and print more than once. I believe a contributor who had seen one of these purchases made another purchase himself to see if he received another royalty. I think he did (but if you know you're being watched, you tend to do the right thing until the hall monitor leaves).

As with some of the current deals, back then Fotolia didn't tell contributors about this. A number of us started finding our work in print shop web sites; I contacted one of them showing one of mine, saying politely that I hadn't sold an extended license for that image via any agency, so he couldn't have a license to use it that way. He replied that he'd done a deal with Fotolia and they'd given him explicit permission to do this - because he'd asked for clarification.

I didn't buy FT's argument then and don't now.

Buyer licensing himself versus print shop wishes to get people in their store by using our work as enticement is different. ELs have been written explicitly for use on products where the image is the essence of what you're offering.

ruxpriencdiam

This user is banned.
  • Location. Third stone from the sun
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 19:12 »
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 21:10 by ruxpriencdiam »

ruxpriencdiam

This user is banned.
  • Location. Third stone from the sun
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 19:24 »
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 21:09 by ruxpriencdiam »

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2014, 01:03 »
+2
nice one, cheers FT :o

can you explain this one Mat?

OM

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 06:10 »
Interesting site. :( If you click on an image, you're linked to the next page with the image as wallpaper and there's a 'Portfolio of author @.........' on that page. If you click on that '@ author' it takes you to a very limited/selected portfolio of the author. Can't find any live links to FT or the author's port at FT. Looks almost like a 'curated' collection but with no links to other agencies.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 06:22 by OM »

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 06:18 »
+2
Interesting site. :( If you click on an image, you're linked to the next page with the image as wallpaper and there an @'imagemaker' towards the bottom of that page. If you click on that '@' it takes you to a limited/selected portfolio of the imagemaker. Can't find any live links to FT or the imagemakers port at FT.

No but if you click on your user name then look at your URL your Fotolia I.d. Number is there. I checked my Fotolia account and it's the same number. Anyway I posted on the walls heaven facebook page and they confirmed it but didn't answer my question about how much Fotolia makes. Freakin crooks. FT SUCKS! Dp is better simply because they offer us opt out now. So FT is the true, ultimate bottom feeder in my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 06:21 by Mantis »

OM

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 06:25 »
OK Mantis. Thanks. Didn't see that but I don't seem to have any images there worthy of even a subs payment!

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2014, 10:43 »
What is http://www.rural.co.uk/garbage_in_water/fm/46931199.html ?
I sell this image often, but don't remeber any ELs

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2014, 18:45 »
+1
The original fuss over letting print sites avoid ELs was over this site, which is still a Fotolia partner

http://de.bilderking.com/

And here's the post on MSG where I copied Chad's answer in the Fotolia forums

http://www.microstockgroup.com/fotolia-com/prints-for-sale-through-fotolia/msg61258/#msg61258

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2014, 08:41 »
So here we go again. I got fresh answer from FT.
My question was: how much do I earn if they sell image (as print product)?

FT: If this partner sells product your commission will be the same as if you sold image directly through FT.

So if I understand correct, if they sell product for example for 29.84 or 68.80 I get 0,... C from FT?  ???

Not big lost to me as I have only one last (garbage) image here when waiting to reach my 50C.

Good luck people in doing your business in some "awesome places" with more ways to get more money!  ::)

ultimagina

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2014, 10:24 »
+1
It us a standard license, not extended. Here in an answer from FT after I asked the API question:
 Many of the sites you have listed also are API partners. They simply display the image directly from our database and when a sale occurs the artist is paid a commission for a standard license. The standard license in conjunction with the API allows one client to create a poster or t-shirt as derivative works for their own use. The website buys the image each time a client orders the print or t-shirt and the artist is paid their commission. The end client has a license to use the derivative work forever as long as they adhere to the terms of the license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 13:08 »
 :'( if a offline guy sells ur images via poster or shirts he has to pay extended.
All online guys only 0,... wow.. thats very confusing and really bad for me (us).

This FT.. i give them 0/ of 5 stars-rating

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 16:56 »
I don't have that problem anymore now that I am not on that blood * Fotolia site.

wallsheaven

• https://wallsheaven.com
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2016, 07:33 »
Dear Designers,

Wallsheaven is a business partner of stock and all images are the purchased by the credit not by subscription.

We use according to the rules images with a watermark, such as a stock bank. If our customer decides to your photo and buy a product you earn on that. One product and one purchase a photo. Wallsheaven the only such store buys each product only the highest license even to the smallest print. We believe in the highest quality and support artists.

It is fantastic that your art may be in a caf in New York or on the wall at home.

Kind Regards,
Wallsheaven