pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: First screenshot of keywording tool for MAC! :)  (Read 6469 times)

« on: May 29, 2014, 14:33 »
+1
Hi guys!

as you might know stockuploader 2.0 for MAC will have a keywording tool like the PC version has. i finished coding it a few minutes ago and here is a screenshot! as soon as the beta testing team is done with the testing it will be released! :)

What do you think?

ciao

Igor 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 15:26 by sharkyenergy »

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 04:24 »
How is this different from lightroom?

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 05:46 »
I didnt use lightroom so I cant answer this properly. maybe some other user can...

but what i can say is that it is free.. :) Lightroom is for sure better. The main tool here is stockuploader, that is used to upload files to the agencies. this is just an additional tool to review/change the keywords before uploading.

it allows to keyword a single image, to keyword multiple images at the same time, to copy kewords from one image to many, to reorder them, and to choose between add or replace keywords from multiple images..

:)

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 06:58 »
...this is just an additional tool to review/change the keywords before uploading.

it allows to keyword a single image, to keyword multiple images at the same time, to copy kewords from one image to many, to reorder them, and to choose between add or replace keywords from multiple images..

:)

It is not a replacement for LR in my mind. What it is though, is a tool that allows you to fine tune your keywords. I use lightroom and the dang thing adds keyword categories and related words a lot. Some don't apply and since it does it on export, I use the keyword tool to remove the junk BEFORE I upload the files.

I see it as an additional tool, not a replacement tool.

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 07:24 »
Didnt think of it that way before.. :) thanks for sharing your thought.. Are you using the pc version?

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 08:15 »
I use lightroom and the dang thing adds keyword categories and related words a lot. Some don't apply and since it does it on export

user error :)

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 08:18 »
I use lightroom and the dang thing adds keyword categories and related words a lot. Some don't apply and since it does it on export

Nope. The newest version does this on export.

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 08:20 »
Didnt think of it that way before.. :) thanks for sharing your thought.. Are you using the pc version?

Yes.

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 08:21 »

I am using the current version to manage metadata and am not experiencing this issue.

Without doubt you are dealing with a configuration issue.

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 08:49 »
You might want to look at the way Graphic Converter does IPTC editing on the Mac.  It just provides a text box for editing keywords, which makes it easy to copy & paste between images.  It also lets you edit keywords on arbitrary groups of images at one time.  Simple and effective, and much lower overhead than Adobe's approach.

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 08:52 »

Try cmd+s? that should write it down

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2014, 09:20 »

Sure it is different. I have both and for keywording/captioning I use Stockuploader only. It is simple, convenient and I believe the most optimized for stock photographers' purposes.

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2014, 10:35 »
thanks guys for the feedbacks.. what i think of this tool is that it is simple.. it hast only what you need and not 1000 functions.. maybe too less for the very techy people but just about right for the rest. (at least this is what i heared from those who used it up to now)

anyway, in a few days ill release it, as soon as it is tested. If you like you can try it and maybe it will be love.. (or hate.. :D)

ciao

Igor

ps: thanks nisserin for the compliments.. :)

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 06:20 »
by the way guys, if there is somebody here who would like to beta test the program just get in touch! i need as many beta testers as possible now in order to release a good working, bugless program.. :)

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 06:47 »
If you could slap in controlled keyword dictionary or suggestion. It's sold.

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 07:17 »
What do you mean by controlled keyword dictionary? Also the keyword suggestion is difficult to implement because its difficult to detect the image content.. Maybei could try a suggestionbased on the images already present... :)

Harvepino

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 07:42 »
If you could slap in controlled keyword dictionary or suggestion. It's sold.

I think it's free :) There is the Shutterstock's keywording tool for suggestions, I find it very helpful.
https://submit.shutterstock.com/portfolio/suggestions.mhtml
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 07:45 by Harvepino »

Harvepino

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 07:48 »
Love the fact it allows you to re-order keywords. Nor Aperture nor Lightroom can do this, they sort keywords alphabetically.

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 08:04 »
Well there is a button in the program that opens up the msg keywordibg tool.. Those words can then be directly pasted into the program...

Beppe Grillo

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 09:51 »

Lightroom put the keywords in alphanumeric order and you cannot change it.

__
Personally I will not use it even if I think that it is a very good instrument, because I use Lightroom and I prefer to not use too much different software.
It could be great if it would be possible to integrate it to Lightroom.

Maybe the author (sharkyenergy/Igor) could take contact with Adobe Lightroom (or Adobe Labs) and propose them some collaboration?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:54 by Beppe Grillo »

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 12:57 »
Hello Beppe! thanks for the compliment!

I understand your point.. (not using too much tools)

personally i agree. I use Photoshop/lightroom for editing and stockuploader for keywording/uploading.

I find stockuploader easier to use because its pretty straight forward and idont need anything more than that (for now) usually i use 2 programs in total for each picutre (Photoshop + stockuploader or lightroom + stockuploader) based on what kind of shots i have. But i agree that if youre used to work in lightroom and feel confortable there then there is no reason to switch over! :)

about a collaboration with adobe labs: i doubt that they would be interested as the only thing they are missing is the keyword ordering. and thats pretty simple to implement.. about 30 lines of code for me (in total)