MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: PP May started  (Read 17231 times)

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2014, 17:13 »
+1
same earning than months before. Whats about Subscription-Sales? Last month i only had 1, but maybe this month.

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2014, 17:52 »
+2
Strong PP month +23% over April and comparable to SS earnings.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2014, 18:01 »
iStock's mid-day is about 19 hours away - you've got lots of time yet - if Lobo's "probably" turns out to be correct.

Goofy

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2014, 18:07 »
+2
iStock's mid-day is about 19 hours away - you've got lots of time yet - if Lobo's "probably" turns out to be correct.

ShadySue you remind me of my father when our football team was behind by three touchdowns with less than 10 minutes in the game- he would say, "Son don't worry we have plenty of time to win the game".  Sadly, we never ever did come back to win any of those games but my dad never gave up hope.  8)

ShadySue

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2014, 18:13 »

ShadySue you remind me of my father when our football team was behind by three touchdowns with less than 10 minutes in the game- he would say, "Son don't worry we have plenty of time to win the game".  Sadly, we never ever did come back to win any of those games but my dad never gave up hope.  8)
It's a big 'if' (does it usually take that long?) but it is 'according to Lobo'.  ::) ;)

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2014, 18:49 »
+2
There may be istock subs still to run.

ShadySue

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2014, 19:10 »
Presumably - I haven't seen any report of the subs starting yet. Last month didn't they come in at the same time as Getty? Not that what happened last month necessarily has any bearing on this month.

dbvirago

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2014, 20:20 »
+23
PP sales - when random amounts of money are deposited in your account in no particular order for sales of unknown images at unknown sites presumably in the previous month, which may be taken back for some unknown reason at some unknown point in the future.

Who wouldn't like that business model?

Uncle Pete

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2014, 21:05 »
+2
You have my vote. Immediate or daily reporting, and delayed reporting. Inverted monthly reporting for some sales, chronological for others and the random, what comes later, whenever it happens? 

PP sales - when random amounts of money are deposited in your account in no particular order for sales of unknown images at unknown sites presumably in the previous month, which may be taken back for some unknown reason at some unknown point in the future.

stealthmode

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2014, 01:31 »

I have an idea for a formal solution of this issue: let's skip one whole month of reporting, and then use that buffer to report sales one month later day by day as if it was daily reporting.

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2014, 08:00 »
+2
Presumably - I haven't seen any report of the subs starting yet. Last month didn't they come in at the same time as Getty? Not that what happened last month necessarily has any bearing on this month.

I sure hope they aren't done.  I am about $100 light from typical PP.  I am expecting this to go to zero, though.  Once TS closes and IStock is the new TS.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 13:53 by Mantis »

stealthmode

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2014, 09:40 »
+2
I sure hope they rent done.  I am about $100 light from typical PP.  I am expecting this to go to zero, though.  Once TS closes and IStock is the new TS.

Do you expect PP sales to go to zero, replaced by new sub sales on IS, or do you just expect PP sales to go to zero, stop? I don't know what to expect actually.

Anyway, why should TS close? What about the other collections on TS? The new IS subs and TS could co-exist.

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2014, 09:45 »
+2
I sure hope they keep TS up and running. My top selling pictures there would get buried in IS.

stealthmode

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2014, 10:50 »
+2
I sure hope they keep TS up and running. My top selling pictures there would get buried in IS.

Me too. TS is the only profitable part for independents.

dpimborough

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2014, 13:45 »
+2
Well that's it for May PP sales

However as far as iS subscription sales Lobo says "I believe we'll see those processed early next week" in response to a question by Ju-Lee

::)

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2014, 13:55 »
+1
I sure hope they rent done.  I am about $100 light from typical PP.  I am expecting this to go to zero, though.  Once TS closes and IStock is the new TS.

Do you expect PP sales to go to zero, replaced by new sub sales on IS, or do you just expect PP sales to go to zero, stop? I don't know what to expect actually.

Anyway, why should TS close? What about the other collections on TS? The new IS subs and TS could co-exist.

I do expect TS to dissolve. The reason is that I don't understand why they would compete with themselves and need two disparate sites to drive sub sales. I could be wrong but if TS is so great why dilute it with Istock subs (which were just recently introduced).

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2014, 14:16 »
+3

I do expect TS to dissolve. The reason is that I don't understand why they would compete with themselves and need two disparate sites to drive sub sales. I could be wrong but if TS is so great why dilute it with Istock subs (which were just recently introduced).

so they can pay contributors less of course.

If the PP are done - this is my lowest since Feb 2012

stealthmode

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2014, 15:07 »

This makes sense of course.

However, TS is a plain simple site where the search engine seems to work without constant tweaking of results. I don't know how the IS subs search works, but if it's the same as for regular sales, it's not very logical. At present, TS could be a better site to compete with SS, since buyers know what to expect to find.

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2014, 15:19 »
+5
So PP is maybe finally ended, but when they fabulous subscription earnings graph will start? I only see it in ONE day in April and thats it. Is that result of they "big" marketing campaign against SS subs sales?! Or they just stealing money from us without showing us what they sold?

ShadySue

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2014, 15:50 »
^^
It was only started in April, so hardly likely to be big sales. That does seem like one very good day you had, though!
Lobo believes that subs sales for May will be processed "early next week"

dbvirago

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2014, 16:12 »
+3

I have an idea for a formal solution of this issue: let's skip one whole month of reporting, and then use that buffer to report sales one month later day by day as if it was daily reporting.

There is nothing they can say that would convince me that they aren't tracking these sales real time and could report on it if they wanted to. We are into the 34th year of personal computing. This isn't new technology

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2014, 04:36 »
+6
Lobo says the reporting is over. However, look at my Credit sub sales in April:
April 5, 14, 16 (x2), 20, 23, 24 (x2), 28, 29 (x3), 30 (x3) = 15 Image sub sales

And compare that with May:
May: Zero.

I wish I were good at statistics because I have a pretty firm idea that the probability of this being true is approximately zero. Probably about the same as the chances of being hit by lightning.

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2014, 05:07 »
+4
KelvinJay has just deleted my comment on the iS PP forum and posted this:
"For the sake of clarity, and to avoid much duplication, this thread in the PP forum is discussing PP sales only and not the new image subscription sales. Those sales have not yet been processed for May, but when they have been, please feel free to add any relevant comments on that topic to the existing May sales thread in the Discussion forum ..."
So much for "will be posted with the PP sales", or whatever they said a month or two ago.

ShadySue

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2014, 07:09 »
@Baldrick
Credit sub sales are nothing to do with PP or the new subs. That's the 'old' iStock subs (which we get RCs for), which may be reported the day after the sale or may be 'Royalty delayed' for weeks or months.

What Lobo said was that he thought the new 'image subs' (no RCs) would be reported with the PP, in answer to a question about how we'd know our sub sales, meaning he thought they'd be reported with a green line on your stats. That answer wasn't in reply to a question about 'when' they've be reported, rather 'how'.

In fact, as so often, 'they' don't bother telling Lobo everything; and a new category was created for image subscriptions, apart from credit subscriptions, and they show grey on our charts.

It's not just οἱ πολλοί that they keep in the dark and feed sh*t. I notice Lobo is at last prefacing that sort of statement with "I believe..."
http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_messages.php?threadid=359606&messageid=7023004
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 09:50 by ShadySue »

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2014, 18:07 »
+1
Thanks, Sue. I didn't actually mean credit subs I meant the new "image" ones. There are so many different terms floating about out there it's easy to use the wrong name.