pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Deposit Photo's - 3% Royalty Confirmed  (Read 33896 times)

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2014, 22:53 »
You have clearly not read what I have posted.

Is this at me or someone else?  You avoid answering my question.  Who you going to target in social media - agencies or contributors?

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2014, 00:04 »
3. Get on social media and warn others about DP's behaviour. An angry tweet or two a day at @Depositphotos  from a core group of determined contributors will add up over a sustained period of time (I'm willing to do this as part of a group).

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2014, 10:38 »
+7
I received an e-mail from DP regarding the 3% royalty.

Currently, we are changing our monthly subscription royalties, so you will be receiving 44% out of each monthly subscription download.

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2014, 11:10 »
+2

Currently, we are changing our monthly subscription royalties, so you will be receiving 44% out of each monthly subscription download.

We shall see. But I did write them a constructive, point by point email and made recommendations. One of them was to take those phony subs and pay us 50 percent, not 3 percent. I even did the math for them to show how we came up with 3 percent. Their response was that they would take that into consideration.

That would be a positive move for them but I wonder if there is a back door remedy that maintains their current revenue take.

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2014, 14:23 »
+3
I don't see how calling other contributors "scabs" and then lashing out at them on social media is a good idea. In fact, it's just wrong. This isn't a union, and we aren't on a picket line.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 14:25 by robhainer »

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2014, 17:11 »
+1

4. Gently but firmly let "scabs" know that they are betraying their fellow contributors.  Do it on this forum and take it to social media too, if you have to.

This was where you insult fellow contributors and suggest attacking them on social media, not point 3 you quoted above.  Still you refuse to answer my question but your statement I quoted, #4 says it all.

Bullying fellow contribs on social media is messed up.  Are you a teenager or adult?

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2014, 17:56 »
Pixelbytes are you the contributor with over 30,000 images on DP?  If so, you have a very nice portfolio.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 18:22 by Audi 5000 »

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2014, 21:52 »
Bullying fellow contribs on social media is messed up.  Are you a teenager or adult?

I dunno, did you feel like you were betraying your fellow contributors when the royalty was 3%? Is that why you're acting so defensive?  I guess you can relax now that they're adjusting the rate. 

Does the fact that they're adjusting the rate make you feel a little guilty about accepting that 3% without protest? Is that why you're taking the least charitable interpretation of what I posted? 

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2014, 23:27 »
+6
Pixelbytes are you the contributor with over 30,000 images on DP?  If so, you have a very nice portfolio.

LOL!  Not me.  I don't like to work that hard.  I just don't like bullys is all.

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2014, 23:35 »

Does the fact that they're adjusting the rate make you feel a little guilty about accepting that 3% without protest? Is that why you're taking the least charitable interpretation of what I posted?

I ask you three times to clarify what you posted.  You did not do it.  You leave me to make up my mind. Now you complain I am uncharitable?  I think you are joking.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 23:39 by PixelBytes »

« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2014, 06:29 »

I dunno, did you feel like you were betraying your fellow contributors when the royalty was 3%? Is that why you're acting so defensive?  I guess you can relax now that they're adjusting the rate. 

Maybe it's because what you were saying is wrong. I certainly don't feel guilty about contributing there. I have no obligation to you.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 06:35 by robhainer »

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2014, 08:14 »
Ok, trolls, here is what I wrote:

"I put the word 'scabs' in quotation marks because I can't do comical air quotes with my fingers over the internet. I'm a contributor and I understand the various points of view on this issue.  The company is the bad guy, not fellow contributors.  I would only define a 'scab' as someone who vigorously defends the company and the 3% even after being presented with the facts."

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2014, 08:17 »
Anyhow, this issue isn't going anywhere and you're both getting wound up over nothing.

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2014, 08:18 »
+3
I sure hope the 3% to 44% is real and actually happens. Could mean a significant enhancement to people's income.

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2014, 08:25 »
+13

Maybe it's because what you were saying is wrong. I certainly don't feel guilty about contributing there. I have no obligation to you.
That sounds a lot like the prisoner's dilemma.  Everyone is making 'rational' decisions that lead to worse outcomes for everyone.   If everyone would stop supporting bad sites we would all be better off.  You can see how this has played out in the past with IS,FT, DP, and DPC giving better terms to contributors when a large enough group of contributors have worked together.  Imagine what would happen if contributors really got their act together.

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2014, 11:01 »

LOL!  Not me.  I don't like to work that hard.  I just don't like bullys is all.
Oh ok, I saw your profile picture was for sale on DP so I thought that was you. 

« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2014, 17:04 »
+4
So, I asked for a time frame, DP replied as follows:

Yes, we are currently changing  monthly subscription royalties to 44%, so you'd be receiving 44% out of each monthly download. I guess it will take around 1-2 months. It could be earlier though.

Fingers crossed!

Batman

« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2014, 12:23 »
+3

That sounds a lot like the prisoner's dilemma.  Everyone is making 'rational' decisions that lead to worse outcomes for everyone.   If everyone would stop supporting bad sites we would all be better off.  You can see how this has played out in the past with IS,FT, DP, and DPC giving better terms to contributors when a large enough group of contributors have worked together.  Imagine what would happen if contributors really got their act together.

When did we get better terms from is, dp, ft and dpc? DP lies and changes price or commission with no notice, makes everything subs for 3% with lies. You believe and trust them? Wait 2 montyhs for what, the next way to cheat and lie to us. Yes I can see how it has played out in the past, we get worse and worse % and lower money.

« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2014, 03:34 »
+6

2 months no change, anybody believe DP crooks now?

« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2014, 06:11 »
+1
I have contacted DP again about this issue. They said:

"Hello ***,

Your royalties on the monthly subscription downloads were changed to 44% a few weeks ago. You have recently had a few sales by daily subscription, so that's why you have not noticed these changes."

So far, all subscription sales were either $0,30 or $0,44, so I don't know if this is at all correct. Has anyone received MONTHLY subscription sales that were more than $0,30?

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:05 by Noedelhap »

« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2014, 07:19 »
I'm also interested to know this.

Although I'm not sure I'd consider uploading even if the royalty really was increased to 44%.

« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2014, 10:29 »
My lowest subscription sales are $0.31

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2014, 12:04 »
+1
I just checked my stats there and almost all subs sales were at the base rate, but I did have two this month that were higher: one for $0.47 and the other for $1.28.  So we are getting some at higher rates but the frequency is very low (for me at least).

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2014, 14:44 »
Ok, so it might be worth it to continue uploading (from a business standpoint)?

Uncle Pete

« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2014, 15:29 »
Interesting, someone needs to get a Monthly Sub DL not a Weekly sub DL. Since a few weeks ago?

That will be interesting to see how it's changed things.

I have contacted DP again about this issue. They said:

"Hello ***,

Your royalties on the monthly subscription downloads were changed to 44% a few weeks ago. You have recently had a few sales by daily subscription, so that's why you have not noticed these changes."

So far, all subscription sales were either $0,30 or $0,44, so I don't know if this is at all correct. Has anyone received MONTHLY subscription sales that were more than $0,30?