MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: We need competition to Stocksy!  (Read 21953 times)

« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2014, 11:14 »
+1
Don't change what I said.

LOL,  when u examine the net too closely u miss the fish

Not only do I know people within and outwith MSG who get very few non-sub sales at SS, the fact that cheap sub sales are there (and elsewhere, obviously) perpetuates the idea that images are, and should be, cheap.
Stocksy's minimum price is a more realistic $10.

don't get wrong. i am not supporting the plunging earnings of contributors. i welcome anyone who is trying to raise the bottom-line for us all.  but until i see the money coming in, as opposed to vapor promises , i remain incredulous.
as i said, we had veer, cutcaster,etc.. who gave us "a more realistic $10, or whatever",
and others giving a more generous %-age . but %-age or 100% of nada is nada.

until i see actual proof, ie. like PixelBytes in the other thread on P5,
the rest is only vaporware

« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2014, 11:20 »
The subs price level is insultingly low for rigidly inspected images; not in the same ball game.

insultingly low nonetheless, but Stocksy hero Mr. Locke is also with Shutterstock . ;)

stock-will-eat-itself

« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2014, 15:03 »
This is the problem I've had, I've tried buying images there before but they didn't have any illustrations or icon sets to go with the images I needed.
If they had illustrations I would have bought everything at Stocksy, but deadlines are always tight and I ended up buying an image pack at SS.
I love the collection at Stocksy but the reality is clients need a variety of images and illustrations for their marketing which makes it difficult for designers like me to shop there.

Right now, it's not meant to be a one stop shop for everything.

I appreciate the collection is narrow to differentiate in a crowded market place.

I'm just relaying my own buyer behaviour when I actively want to support Stocksy, it surprised me that when I needed a bunch of work for a client I looked at Stocksy first and then got sucked into an image pack at SS because I needed some illustrations.

Personally I think you guys should up your prices if you're going for the niche end of the market, the collection has a RM feel to it. Or introduce a low tier into the collection to pull in the masses.

Wish you guys the best.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2014, 16:33 »
The subs price level is insultingly low for rigidly inspected images; not in the same ball game.
insultingly low nonetheless, but Stocksy hero Mr. Locke is also with Shutterstock . ;)
Sean is perfectly capable of speaking for himself, but he had an extensive back-catalogue of typically stocky images and needed outlets for them. It probably wasn't his first choice, but I'm sure he's doing well there.