MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: PP Sales for Jun 2014 have started  (Read 17151 times)

« on: July 10, 2014, 13:05 »
I see one for 30-Jun

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 13:07 »
+1
Nothing for me yet.

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 13:11 »
None here.  This is earlier than normal.  Would be nice to see them come in early this month tho. 

ultimagina

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 18:01 »
I see only one sale on the 23rd, weird way to start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goofy

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 22:52 »
+5
I see only one sale on the 23rd, weird way to start

everything iStock does is weird... 8)

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 00:24 »
I see one for 30-Jun

Nothing else other than the 30-Jun. It appears on the 'Stats' page barchart as PP, but I am not able to find the corresponding sale on the 'Partner Program' page for a specific image. Also, in the 'Financials' page the total is updated for 'Account Balance' but not 'Total Earnings'. I am not sure exactly what is happening. Let me give it a few days :)

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 05:02 »
I see one for 30-Jun

Nothing else other than the 30-Jun. It appears on the 'Stats' page barchart as PP, but I am not able to find the corresponding sale on the 'Partner Program' page for a specific image. Also, in the 'Financials' page the total is updated for 'Account Balance' but not 'Total Earnings'. I am not sure exactly what is happening. Let me give it a few days :)

In the PP thread for Jun-2014 over at iS, it is being said that these are PP sales for Editorial images. I discovered for the 1st time today that the 'Partner Program' page does NOT list the editorial images ! So, I had to switch to 'Details' and clicked on the 'Editorial image' icon to bring the editorial images to the top of the page. Since I use script by 'theasis' on 'my uploads' (for Google Chrome), I clicked on the down arrow next to the column 'Royalties' and could find the $0.28 PP sale. Of course it is the total sales, and there is no way to know which of the editorial images have sold on which date under PP.

If anyone knows the trick/tip to find out the PP sale details of editorial images (using the 'theasis' script or any other way), please let us know. It will be very helpful.

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 16:40 »
+1
Got my first PP on the 1st.

Goofy

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 18:01 »
same here- nice to see it starting on time and from the 1st of the month instead of going backwards like last month- now this is weird- they are doing things right for a change  8)

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 20:42 »
I got hardly any income from PP this month.

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 20:45 »

Its not done.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 20:47 »
+1
As mentioned above, these are only editorial PP sales, though I don't know why they are reported separately.

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 23:10 »
I am beginning to see standard PP sales (from TS) starting at the beginning of Jun-2014.

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 00:24 »
I got some of the beginning of June. I'm new to Istock. Do they do the whole month at once, or do they start trickling in over time?

I'm having the hardest time figure out what's selling where, when and how much. Is there a good place to do that like on Shutterstock and most other sites?

Beppe Grillo

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 01:05 »
As mentioned above, these are only editorial PP sales, though I don't know why they are reported separately.

Not sure, I have no editorial in iStock but I have already got pp sale for June.

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 04:32 »
no editorial here either so seems the "ordinary" pp has started

ShadySue

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 05:39 »
That's interesting. I read two different admins on two different places say it was PP editorial, but I had no idea how or why they would report them separately, unless some editorial outlet has a 'deal' like Alamy's UK Newspaper deal (pure speculation on my part)

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 07:23 »
+1
I got some of the beginning of June. I'm new to Istock. Do they do the whole month at once, or do they start trickling in over time?

I'm having the hardest time figure out what's selling where, when and how much. Is there a good place to do that like on Shutterstock and most other sites?

Rob - They do the whole month (the previous month actually) in one go, but it usually takes about 3 to 4 days.

You may look into this thread for a script that provides you with the PP details. http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_messages.php?threadid=352385&page=1

The basic IS PP functionality will only give you the total PP sales that has occurred for an image so far. The script will give you the individual sale (how much and when) details. You will have to work backward based on the $-amount to see what kind of image pack sale it would have been :) You need to use this royalty schedule - http://www.istockphoto.com/help/sell-stock/rate-schedule

Shelma1

• stockcoalition.org
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 08:21 »
+2
Results are looking really wacky so far, but I'm withholding comment until all the sales are in.

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 13:03 »
+1

Rob - They do the whole month (the previous month actually) in one go, but it usually takes about 3 to 4 days.

You may look into this thread for a script that provides you with the PP details. http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_messages.php?threadid=352385&page=1

The basic IS PP functionality will only give you the total PP sales that has occurred for an image so far. The script will give you the individual sale (how much and when) details. You will have to work backward based on the $-amount to see what kind of image pack sale it would have been :) You need to use this royalty schedule - http://www.istockphoto.com/help/sell-stock/rate-schedule

Thanks. That script really helps.

Goofy

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 13:13 »
also the Getty 360 will be included later on after the PP- at least that happen to me last month.

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 13:41 »
+1

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2014, 22:46 »
+1
My PP sales look normal until the 11th and then drop to just a sliver and that is the way for the rest of the days after the 11th.  Others seeing the same?

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2014, 05:16 »
+2
Yes PixelBytes, it's not exactly in order day by day.
Let's say it's more or less in order with a fair bit of randomness applied.

ultimagina

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2014, 06:12 »
I see a $26.01 sale from Thinkstock. What type of license is this?

dpimborough

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2014, 06:31 »

Well they tried reporting from the 1st to the end of the month

then from the end of the month to 1st

now it's all over the shop

Keeps it interesting I suppose  :o

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2014, 07:02 »
+1

As per the royalty schedule (http://www.istockphoto.com/help/sell-stock/rate-schedule) it is Thinkstock Extended License Image Pack 10

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2014, 07:38 »

Thank you.  Mine seem in order but just very low after the 11th.  Hopefully more to come on those low days or it will be a very poor month.

ultimagina

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2014, 08:15 »

As per the royalty schedule (http://www.istockphoto.com/help/sell-stock/rate-schedule) it is Thinkstock Extended License Image Pack 10

Thank you for your time, I didn't see this page before!

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2014, 08:21 »
+1

Thank you for your time, I didn't see this page before!

No problem ! Now I know that one can even get ELs also in TS :)

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2014, 13:32 »
+2
I think it's around the 17th of the month by now.
Looking good so far, already better than SS for the whole month.

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2014, 06:07 »
10% increase.
The "new" subscription started yesterday for me. But i see only 1 day in stats"4th".

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2014, 07:02 »
+1
PP starting to slide for me. I've lost roughly $50 but made $11 on the new pp. I envision that once Istock is comfortable with the new subs they will transition all their remaining ts customers to the is sub program. This simply does not make any sense to me why they need to run disparate sub companies. The only logical conclusion is to integrate.

ShadySue

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2014, 07:16 »
10% increase.
The "new" subscription started yesterday for me. But i see only 1 day in stats"4th".
That's how it's always been. However, if you go to My Uploads, then click Image Subscriptions (NOT 'credit subscriptions') you'll be able to see what files sold when. (You may have to click on Last Sub dl twice or three times to see June's sales.)

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2014, 07:28 »
+1
I don't see why they would close TS now that's already settled and running just fine. It would only loose customers on the transition. Also as a contributor I prefer 2 websites, two search engines and because IS barely sells anything, it would complicate the situation of new files.

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2014, 08:00 »
+1
I don't see why they would close TS now that's already settled and running just fine. It would only loose customers on the transition. Also as a contributor I prefer 2 websites, two search engines and because IS barely sells anything, it would complicate the situation of new files.

From a business perspective it simply doesn't make sense to me unless I am missing the strategic buyer hook that makes it necessary. They have costs associated with running two sites. From a buyer perspective I don't want to have to jump to a different site if I don't like the search functionality of a sister site. They should have one site that kicks ass, aligns with customer needs and expectations and is populated with good product from contributors.

On the flip side I would like to continue receiving royalties from thinkstock and Istock. Selfishly TS provides income I've gotten used to. Now I don't want it to go away. It would be nice to see $150-$200 a month on TS and another similar amount on IS subs, but that's probably asking too much.

Oh well.

JKB

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2014, 08:09 »
+1
PP pretty bad these days for me with numerous days without any downloads at all. I'm surprised how quickly it's gone downhill. Just about covers the last clawback this month.

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2014, 08:15 »
10% increase.
That's how it's always been. However, if you go to My Uploads, then click Image Subscriptions (NOT 'credit subscriptions') you'll be able to see what files sold when. (You may have to click on Last Sub dl twice or three times to see June's sales.)

Have a heart for that one! I didn't know you could do that. Many thanks. Regards, David.

ShadySue

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2014, 08:21 »
I'm out of TS and would like to be out of subs.
However, I have read that not all files from people who opted in, or are forced in, to TS are transferring over, so just one subs within iStock - much as I hate it - would ease the situation of new files.

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2014, 10:05 »
I have noticed that as well, Shady Sue. From my sample search I see that some IS files (about half) are not on TS. Wonder what's the criteria for that.

ShadySue

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2014, 10:21 »
+2
I have noticed that as well, Shady Sue. From my sample search I see that some IS files (about half) are not on TS. Wonder what's the criteria for that.

It's probably just the connector not working.
http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_messages.php?threadid=359960&page=1

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2014, 10:25 »
+1
Kind of surprised by iStock and Thinkstock in my return to IS. They sell quite a bit. I made twice as much there in June than I did at SS. I guess it may taper off when I'm no longer new, but still surprised. It's strange (kind of scary too) having the thought that IS may be the new subscription leader.

ShadySue

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2014, 10:33 »
+1
Kind of surprised by iStock and Thinkstock in my return to IS. They sell quite a bit. I made twice as much there in June than I did at SS. I guess it may taper off when I'm no longer new, but still surprised. It's strange (kind of scary too) having the thought that IS may be the new subscription leader.
Not at all. If you're effectively new there, you're doing extremely well. Most are finding that new files are doing badly, and as far as anything is selling, it's older work. (That applies to iS itself; not, from what I read, to TS.)

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2014, 10:59 »
+1
Not at all. If you're effectively new there, you're doing extremely well. Most are finding that new files are doing badly, and as far as anything is selling, it's older work. (That applies to iS itself; not, from what I read, to TS.)

Single sales aren't great at IS, but probably near where they were when I left. Which I guess is bad relatively speaking to the "good old days", but it is probably still good compared to other agencies. It's definitely been an eye opening experience returning to some of these places. Don't even get me started on the train wreck of Fotolia.

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2014, 11:07 »

It's probably just the connector not working.
http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_messages.php?threadid=359960&page=1

Thanks, sent them a message regarding this... just to think I could be making twice with TS.

« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2014, 11:31 »
10% increase.

I only see a small grey line in the April bar that says Subscribtion, for may and june I haven't seen any but there comes more money in my account every time I check.

ShadySue

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2014, 11:33 »
10% increase.

I only see a small grey line in the April bar that says Subscribtion, for may and june I haven't seen any but there comes more money in my account every time I check.

Are you checking also credit subscriptions?
Or else you're getting my sales for today.  ::)

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2014, 11:39 »
10% increase.

I checked the subscribtions and in may and june there were some sales, however: Where is the money? I'm happy I'm not their accountant:)

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2014, 14:44 »
From a business perspective it simply doesn't make sense to me unless I am missing the strategic buyer hook that makes it necessary. They have costs associated with running two sites. From a buyer perspective I don't want to have to jump to a different site if I don't like the search functionality of a sister site. They should have one site that kicks ass, aligns with customer needs and expectations and is populated with good product from contributors.
iStock subscription plan (iStock Essentials) is actually cheaper then Thinkstock's subscriptions.
Getty will close Thinkstock and will move all it's clients back to iStock.
They tried to build 3 tiers model with macro=Getty, mid=iStock and cheap subs=Thinkstock but it failed to compete against SS.
Now they are changing it into 2 layers macro=Getty and micro=iStock

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2014, 08:21 »
+1
IS is going better and better. Iam really surprised. 4 months started and each month a little bit better.
In the same time SS failes for me. 10% increase at IS and 10% decrease at SS.
+-0  :D

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2014, 08:30 »
IS is going better and better. Iam really surprised. 4 months started and each month a little bit better.
In the same time SS failes for me. 10% increase at IS and 10% decrease at SS.
+-0  :D

SS is really weird the last few months. Some weekdays are a few bucks with zero OD and two days later I make $15 in od, 60 sub dis, and score a decent day. And without te special sales and video I would be on the downward slide with SS.

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2014, 11:17 »
Hi guys,

I am pretty new to iStock and only a bit over 500 images there.

I have a couple of questions:

1) Are all the PP sales for June already in or they should coming in until the end of July?

2) Are all the PP sales 28 cents or they have other formats?

Please let me know,

thanks!

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2014, 11:22 »
+2
They appear to be done for June.  They add IS subs after PP, and they already added subs.  There are some schemes that pay more than .28, but very few of them.  Most sales seem to be .28.

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2014, 11:24 »
+1
thanks!

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2014, 12:40 »
You can see all the details in the Partner Program tab here (ignore everything it says about photos.com as that's been shut down for licensing and now sells prints):

http://www.istockphoto.com/help/sell-stock/rate-schedule

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2014, 14:13 »
+2
Why does IS make it so difficult? That's the question I'd like to see answered. Every other site I've seen, even podunk start ups, makes it easy to see your earnings and they report sales the day or even the minute they happen.

Goofy

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2014, 14:36 »
+1
Why does IS make it so difficult? That's the question I'd like to see answered. Every other site I've seen, even podunk start ups, makes it easy to see your earnings and they report sales the day or even the minute they happen.

plus you get to upload a new model release each time you submit a person shot which is a major P.I.T.A.   

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2014, 14:47 »
+2
I like IS, it's my best earner and all... but * they should come to this century already.
The time I spend uploading there is more than all my other 5 agencies put together.

Goofy

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2014, 15:14 »
the pp isn't done yet? I thought the getty 360 comes next?

ShadySue

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2014, 15:18 »
PP is done.
Image subs are done.
Getty - come it will.

Goofy

« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2014, 16:23 »
last month I made more on Getty than the PP side thus keeping my fingers crossed...

« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2014, 16:23 »
PP is done.
Image subs are done.
Getty - come it will.

Isn't that only if you are lucky enough to get one?

ShadySue

« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2014, 16:29 »
PP is done.
Image subs are done.
Getty - come it will.

It was an adaptation of a song title (aging myself), but Getty - come it will or won't is certainly more accurate.
I have been lucky enough to get some decent value sales - including of files which haven't sold on iS - but I'd rather not have the 'luck' to get the sub-$1 sales. That's just insulting.

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2014, 17:03 »
PP is done.
Image subs are done.
Getty - come it will.

It was an adaptation of a song title (aging myself), but Getty - come it will or won't is certainly more accurate.
I have been lucky enough to get some decent value sales - including of files which haven't sold on iS - but I'd rather not have the 'luck' to get the sub-$1 sales. That's just insulting.

I hear ya on the dollar thingie.

« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2014, 17:54 »

plus you get to upload a new model release each time you submit a person shot which is a major P.I.T.A.

Trust me, I know all about that. I wouldn't be uploading now if it weren't for the combination of Easy Release and DeepMeta. If I had to do a new paper release for all of these, I wouldn't be bothering.

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2014, 18:00 »
By the way, anyone know how long it takes to get payout after you request it? I ordered mine first thing Monday morning.

« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2014, 18:09 »
+1
By the way, anyone know how long it takes to get payout after you request it? I ordered mine first thing Monday morning.

If you got it done before 9am Calgary time on Monday, you'll get paid next Monday (if you use PayPal). Other payment methods have different days.

If you were later than 9am Calgary time, then it'll be two weeks from Monday

http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_messages.php?threadid=350427

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2014, 20:59 »

If you got it done before 9am Calgary time on Monday, you'll get paid next Monday (if you use PayPal). Other payment methods have different days.

If you were later than 9am Calgary time, then it'll be two weeks from Monday

http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_messages.php?threadid=350427

If you use Skrill you get it Tues and for Payoneer it's Wed.

« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2014, 07:49 »
last month I made more on Getty than the PP side thus keeping my fingers crossed...

how to see the Getty sales on the iStock website? Are they usually coming in after the 3rd weekend of the month?

ShadySue

« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2014, 08:01 »

how to see the Getty sales on the iStock website? Are they usually coming in after the 3rd weekend of the month?

My Uploads > GI sales in the left hand column. Also GI sales are purple on your charts, though Getty360 sales are mossy-green like PP.
There might be an app or code to work out which sales sold on GI, but if you don't use these, the only way to tell which files sold in a particular month is to keep doing screenshots of your GI sales and comparing them month by month, which is only really viable if your Getty sales are small.
No 'usual' date for coming in, but Subs and PP were early this month, so who knows? No word of June's coming as yet.

« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2014, 08:06 »
thanks again Shady!

My Uploads > GI sales in the left hand column. Also GI sales are purple on your charts, though Getty360 sales are mossy-green like PP.
There might be an app or code to work out which sales sold on GI, but if you don't use these, the only way to tell which files sold in a particular month is to keep doing screenshots of your GI sales and comparing them month by month, which is only really viable if your Getty sales are small.
No 'usual' date for coming in, but Subs and PP were early this month, so who knows? No word of June's coming as yet.

« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2014, 08:11 »
Actually, just checked and it seems I do not have GI sales in my oprions...that's what I get:

Upload
My Uploads
Details
Credit Subscriptions
Image Subscriptions
Extended Licenses
Partner Program
Prints
Designs
Disambiguation

ShadySue

« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2014, 09:52 »
Actually, just checked and it seems I do not have GI sales in my oprions...that's what I get:

Upload
My Uploads
Details
Credit Subscriptions
Image Subscriptions
Extended Licenses
Partner Program
Prints
Designs
Disambiguation

I don't know whether that means you are only eligible for Getty360 sales, which don't show in that column, or you haven't had any yet, and that link will appear when you have some to see. Probably the first, if you're indie.

ShadySue

« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2014, 17:07 »
+2
Getty sales and Getty360 are coming in now.

Goofy

« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2014, 17:46 »

Thanks ShadySue!

« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2014, 17:49 »
I  thought there would be more sub sales on iStock. Something on par with bigstock. Most the sales I'm getting are partner and credit sales.

« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2014, 22:44 »
What is the difference between Getty and Getty360?

ArnoldLame

« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2014, 04:39 »
+3
What is the difference between Getty and Getty360?

Getty sales come from exclusives selling files on gettyimages.com

Getty360 is a whole other thing launched last year. Getty have a small number of clients who apparently wanted access to everything for sale under the Getty umbrella without having to create accounts at all of the separate sites, such as iStock and Thinkstock.

Getty set up the 360 program to allow these special clients to be able to see all of those files in one place, but that place is not visible to anyone except these clients. Contributors cannot access the site. The program includes non exclusive files, which means non exclusives can sort of have Getty sales, but they show up as green bars on the iStock stats charts, even though they seem to get paid as part of GI payout.

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2014, 10:01 »
Last night I got a 56$  from a Getty sale that went to my pp report. My question is this : how much did the buyer pay if my cut is 56$????
And-  under what license is it?

Thanks for your help :)

ShadySue

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2014, 10:52 »
+1
The licence is Getty360 and you got 20% (or 15%?) of the sale

« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2014, 11:27 »
Thank you.

« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2014, 11:42 »
Wait wait...someone paid 375$  via thinkstock for an "over white" photo???

« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2014, 17:38 »
Are the sub sales still reported on one day only?

ShadySue

« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2014, 17:43 »
+1
Yes

« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2014, 17:48 »
Yes
Thanks .... but sheesh .... why cant they report like SS does?   >:(

Goofy

« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2014, 19:08 »
I hope the getty 360 isn't over?

ShadySue

« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2014, 19:11 »
+1
I hope the getty 360 isn't over?
I'm pretty sure it is.

Goofy