pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Just applied to Stocksy, fingers crossed!  (Read 42004 times)

« on: July 12, 2014, 07:22 »
+3
Finally got the courage to hit send on my Stocksy application, and stop the indecision about which images to include! It's over to them now. Fingers crossed, I am so keen to be a contributor to Stocksy as I love the images there, so inspirational and creative, and pushing boundaries with 'on trend' lifestyle content.
Link to my Flickr stream below contains many of the images I included. I know there's not many, I only put this together last couple of days. I'm being brave putting this out there as usually I just read this forum, not actually post much! I will also post the outcome when I hear back from them... hoping for a  ;D
Any feedback is welcome too  ::) Thanks

https://www.flickr.com/people/126025196@N03/

Tror

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 08:06 »
Good luck!

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 02:20 »
+1
Thanks Tror  :D

OM

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 04:44 »
+1
I would say that you stand a good chance with the work you've presented. Has that  'Stocksy-style' about it.
I notice you follow, amongst others, Cat Klein and Darren Muir. Excellent choices and Darren Muir is a real talent in food photography. Like his work a lot.

Good luck

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 05:32 »
Wow thank you so much for the feedback OM. Really appreciate it. And yes, I love Cat Kleins work, it's just beautiful.

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 07:01 »
+1
Good Luck, Jodie :)

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 14:59 »
Finally I got rejected but I know it would happen my pictures where created for Microstock a ne not Stocksy but I tryed it and I failed knowing I would fail

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 05:18 »
Finally I got rejected but I know it would happen my pictures where created for Microstock a ne not Stocksy but I tryed it and I failed knowing I would fail

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

How long did you wait for a response? i made my apply on june 17 and i'm still waiting. I know they say it could take 2 months, but i read that some people heard them back in 20 days

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 06:01 »
+2
How long did you wait for a response? i made my apply on june 17 and i'm still waiting. I know they say it could take 2 months, but i read that some people heard them back in 20 days

I sent my application June 16 and I'm still waiting too. I'm afraid I will be very disappointed if I will receive rejection after two long months.

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 06:48 »

I sent my application June 16 and I'm still waiting too. I'm afraid I will be very disappointed if I will receive rejection after two long months.

I think that maybe are "skimming the fat off". Maybe we passed a first selection and now they are deciding if let us join or not. It's all a big Maybe :/

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 07:08 »
+2
I think that maybe are "skimming the fat off". Maybe we passed a first selection and now they are deciding if let us join or not. It's all a big Maybe :/

Probably you are right. May be they put us into a group "We aren't sure what to think about them"...

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 07:21 »
+3

Hope you're right! Good things come to those who wait  :D

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 07:34 »
+3

And if it's not Stocksy, it's Guinness:
Good things come to those who wait... Guinness

(and other ads in that series, my other favourite being:
Guinness Surfer Ad (with Horses) 1998
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 07:40 by ShadySue »

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 07:46 »
+1
Ha! Love it

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 07:52 »
+1

The guy on the second video has the same look of me while pushing F5 on my keyboard to check my e-mail. Since june 17!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 08:04 by gc85 »

Shelma1

• stockcoalition.org
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 09:29 »
+2

My favorite:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8wzauC3MLvo

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 10:52 »
+2
Today is the day, I can feel it!  ;D

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 13:29 »

LMAO, no, Guinness has a track record. a llooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong track record
since  1932  8)

don't get the irish mad here !!! >:(

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2014, 09:17 »
+4
A friend pointed me here and I just wanted to say thank you! I hope you get in, Jodie. Good luck!

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2014, 20:44 »
Thanks Cat, so do I!

And if not, I'll keep trying!

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 08:55 »
+1
good luck for you application....two months i'm waiting a reply!

gillian vann

• *Gillian*
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 19:15 »
well I recognise your flag/banner image from yesterday's curated feed, so, congratulations!!

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2014, 21:47 »
+1
well I recognise your flag/banner image from yesterday's curated feed, so, congratulations!!

Umm actually not yet! Maybe you were looking at my Flickr faves? I faved a flag image by cat macbride yesterday which was on the curated feed! Wish it WAS mine! Thanks anyway. Will keep you posted!!!

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2014, 14:27 »
+1
Jodie you have a lovely portfolio and I wish you luck!  I can definitely see your work there!

I posted in another post but never heard from anyone.  Does anyone know if stocksy is 100% checking our external portfolios?  I've had a lot of work this summer and my portfolio is very different and much improved.  It would be a bummer if my work couldn't be reviewed as a whole!

It's been almost two months and I haven't heard back and i'm starting to get a little nervous.  I have a friend who applied after me and was rejected a few weeks ago.  I'm getting nervous that my application hasn't been seen yet and that the call to artists will close.

If anyone has any advice for my portfolio please let me know!
http://www.chelseavictoriaphoto.com/stocksyportfolio [nofollow]

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2014, 14:54 »
+2
Does anyone know if stocksy is 100% checking our external portfolios?  I've had a lot of work this summer and my portfolio is very different and much improved.  It would be a bummer if my work couldn't be reviewed as a whole!

I hope they will check our external portfolio. I improved it later and I'm very sorry I'm not able to add some of new images to my application too. I applied 7 weeks ago and I'm still waiting.