MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Website balance v DeepMeta royalties  (Read 2623 times)

« on: July 13, 2014, 02:16 »
G'day folks,

My balance at IS, as seen on the website, is roughly double the total of the 'royalties' figure in DeepMeta. DeepMeta actually has the correct total in its status bar but the royalties don't add up to the total. Shouldn't they be the same?

TIA

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 03:08 »
+1
No - DeepMeta does not show earnings from PP or GI, only the royalties from iStock itself.

It uses the API to collect its figures and, I think, PP and other earnings are not available via that interface.

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 03:26 »
Cheers for that. Is there then an easy way to see which of my images are selling at IS across all streams? I see the balance creeping up all the time, but DeepMeta - for reasons you explained - doesn't give me the detail, and I've never managed to find a page on the IS website that clearly shows me per-image sales in date order...

Beppe Grillo

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 03:51 »
No - DeepMeta does not show earnings from PP or GI, only the royalties from iStock itself.

It uses the API to collect its figures and, I think, PP and other earnings are not available via that interface.

In the bar, at the bottom of the window, Deep Meta show the total balance, everything included

(You can set it in the DP preferences)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 03:54 by Beppe Grillo »

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 04:09 »

In the bar, at the bottom of the window, Deep Meta show the total balance, everything included

(You can set it in the DP preferences)

Yes, but the OP is referring to the fact that the total balance, which does include everything, does not match the total obtained by adding up the royalties for each individual file.

Or at least, that's how I read it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 04:11 by Gannet77 »

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 04:17 »
+1
Cheers for that. Is there then an easy way to see which of my images are selling at IS across all streams? I see the balance creeping up all the time, but DeepMeta - for reasons you explained - doesn't give me the detail, and I've never managed to find a page on the IS website that clearly shows me per-image sales in date order...

Afraid not - this has always been an issue!

If you don't already have it, there is a very useful script available from theasis is the forum - see here - which works in Chrome only (I also have an older version for FireFox/GreaseMonkey) which is helpful but not perfect.  It works by scraping the website pages.

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 13:59 »
Or you can get Livestock 2 for your mobile phone...
It shows you your grand total and lets you see your PP downloads for the dates the individual files were downloaded.  Once the PP for the month previous starts.

Joy