pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Nightmare on Dreamstime  (Read 21930 times)

Goofy

« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2014, 21:08 »
+1
Could it be that the whole world is in a slow down despite what the stock markets say? This money printing, QE forever, seems to be pumping up stock markets but not stock art sites.

I would agree expect that I am 31% higher this month than compared to last year thus only DT is the one being a lazy dog in the heat of summer on me  :-\

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2014, 21:56 »
Could it be that the whole world is in a slow down despite what the stock markets say? This money printing, QE forever, seems to be pumping up stock markets but not stock art sites.

I would agree expect that I am 31% higher this month than compared to last year thus only DT is the one being a lazy dog in the heat of summer on me  :-\

Does that take into account the percentage of new images you have uploaded for the year? What number of images do you have online?

Phadrea

This user is banned.
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2014, 02:02 »
My balance has been the same for WEEKS. Waste of time.

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2014, 02:08 »
+1
Dreamstime is sadly dead in the water, haven't had a sale in over a week, that has never happened since 2009 !

Goofy

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2014, 08:47 »
+1
I keep waking up each day hoping this 'Nightmare' will go away but it keeps continuing! I feel like the movie 'Ground Hog Day' where each day is the same- stuck in a continuing loop!   :-\

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2014, 12:24 »
+1
Not a big earner for me but this year is up good over 2013, and 2013 was much better than 2012

Dennis

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2014, 19:53 »
+6
It's kind of meaningless when someone says best month ever or best year ever. Unless we know what sort of photos you're producing, where you're selling, how long you've been selling and how big your port is, BME is meaningless. Show us some graphs and stats. If a person with 40 photos uploads a winner (by accident) then their results are going to spike upwards. A person with 5000+ images and a ten year track record has a more balanced indication of how the stock industry is doing.

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2014, 20:06 »
I think a clear statement is simply how much are you up or down from last July with Dreamstime? If you're up than it's a normal trend. You have more in your portfolio so consequently you're making more money. If you're down, no matter what your portfolio is comprised of, there's a serious problem. In my case I'm way down.

« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2014, 08:26 »
+4
Down 20% in sales and revenue compared to last month, about 25% down compared to July2013.
RPD slightly below normal level ($1.31)

That said, everything is as I expected it to be after a steady downward trend for 12 months.

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2014, 19:25 »
+4
Down 20% in sales and revenue compared to last month, about 25% down compared to July2013.
RPD slightly below normal level ($1.31)

That said, everything is as I expected it to be after a steady downward trend for 12 months.

I gave you a plus for your removal of 4800 images from FOTOLIA's DPC. Excellent move.

« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2014, 11:15 »
you really can't expect not to have nightmares with dreamstime  ;D

oh, bad pun! 8)

Phadrea

This user is banned.
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2014, 03:30 »
+3
Wow- The drought of weeks of no sales has broken. I have made a dollar. Yipeeeee

Goofy

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2014, 09:44 »
well, the month is almost over and I am screwed! I can understand if all my companies tanked for July but some had BME thus only DT sucked...

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2014, 12:32 »
+2
well, the month is almost over and I am screwed! I can understand if all my companies tanked for July but some had BME thus only DT sucked...

chill, just put on a sorry face when wife comes down for breakfast  ;)
 ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2014, 13:27 »
55% down from July 2013.... :-\

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2014, 13:44 »
+1
downloads are 56% down from July 2013 and money 40% down. The month isn't over, but I've just been seeing one or two sales each weekday this month, which means effectively it doesn't matter unless there's a few ELs in the next couple of days.

The dropping download numbers are bothersome in that it suggests customers are moving elsewhere (obviously it could mean that it's just my files that no longer sell). By comparison, SS's downloads are roughly the same this as July 2013 ($$ are lower because of fewer ELs and SODs) and 123rf's are up 30% so it's not an overall fall across the board.

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2014, 15:43 »
Actually July turned out to be average after an appalling June

Goofy

« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2014, 16:04 »
+1

chill, just put on a sorry face when wife comes down for breakfast  ;)
 ;D ;D ;D

I better make sure my wife doesn't read this forum  ;D

« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2014, 13:46 »
+1
Looks like the credit ranking download is not good business strategies in the long run, is stuck in the months same performance... when I spoke with admin...how to increase sales?...the answer was they don't know what sales (random)... but also told them the reviewers are too picky and increasing the portfolio is a freak problem... in resume...not good air in there. >:(

« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2014, 14:06 »
Looks like the credit ranking download is not good business strategies in the long run, is stuck in the months same performance... when I spoke with admin...how to increase sales?...the answer was they don't know what sales (random)... but also told them the reviewers are too picky and increasing the portfolio is a freak problem... in resume...not good air in there. >:(

a long time ago ... well, not so long ago before i fell asleep in dreamstime... i was told eveything affects your ranking; from ratio approval, partaking in their blog, anything including the kitchen sink  ;)

« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2014, 14:43 »

a long time ago ... well, not so long ago before i fell asleep in dreamstime... i was told eveything affects your ranking; from ratio approval, partaking in their blog, anything including the kitchen sink  ;)

I believe that was an april fools joke some years ago - bet they're sorry they did that :) 

« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2014, 15:18 »

I believe that was an april fools joke some years ago - bet they're sorry they did that :)

arghhhh , they woke up and found it is still April 1  :o
i think they threw themselves a curved ball with similars  and the dude coming in here cocky n all, did not help the PR. although i have to credit the Support (Carmen, Eric,etc...) were all fast in response 2 ur PMs. 
blamed 4 many things, as Jo Ann said, Can Stock and DT , wonder boys... it is still sad
because we need some viable alternative.
well, i haven't tried Envato, Lee Torrens' recommended Canvas, Flickr, 500px,ImageBref ...
which one shall i pick? recommendations? i could reopen my Alamy
but i heard tell they went low-pricing too, didn't they?

off topic i know, but dreamstime is noddy-nod, so hijack this thread  ;D

goofy, i buy da beer when i get something good out of the above new sites !!!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 15:20 by etudiante_rapide »

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2014, 08:54 »
+1
Just joining in and giving my 2cents:
WME since 2006 on DT. Sales down by 75% compared to july 2013.
Very strange situation ...

« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2014, 09:20 »
+2
I was still $50 less than average and that may not seem like much, but when you only make a couple of hundred a month there $50 is a helluva lot percentage wise.

Goofy

« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2014, 10:10 »
and I've made a whopping $.35 this month to continue this NIGHTMARE!