MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Topaz Promotions  (Read 5369 times)

« on: July 22, 2014, 03:24 »
+2
Topaz Remask 4
Topaz Labs just released a new version of their masking plugin - Remask 4. If you need to make some isolations, you might want to look at this nifty program.

The new version is more streamlined and more precise in creation of complex masks than the previous Remask versions. Compared to the Photoshop CS5 which I'm using, the new Remask program is easier to use and it handles even tricky isolations very well. I don't know how it would compare to the latest Photoshop CC 2014. If you are already using presently Remask 3, you can upgrade it for free to Remask 4.

I just posted a short description of this program with a couple of examples on my blogsite: http://advantica.wordpress.com/2014/07/22/topaz-remask/

Remask 4 is offered until July 31, 2014 at a 50% discount, at $34.99 instead of regular $69.99. At that price, even if you produce just a handful of isolated objects from some of your existing shots, the program should quickly pay for itself. To try it out on some of your images, you can download a 30-days trial version for free. Here is the Topaz Remask 4 link:   Topaz Remask

to purchase it at the reduced price, enter "julyremask" as the discount code at checkout.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 00:07 by LesPalenik »

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 00:01 »
+1
Topaz Adjust 5

Topaz Labs is running this month another promotion for one of their flagship products - this time for Topaz Adjust that can make your images really pop. This plugin is ideal for HDR effects, dramatic contrasts, and deep color saturations. You can make very subtle changes to your images or drastic "Over-The-Top HDR" effects. For now, this is just a short announcement about the new Adjust 5 at the discounted price, but I will try to post some examples to my blog.

The current promotion ($24.99 instead of regular $49.99) runs till Aug 31, 2014.
For more information, to see some Before and After examples, or to purchase it at the reduced rate, use the link below:

Topaz Adjust

and enter "augadjust" for the 50% discount code

You can download a 30 days trail version for free.
If you already own an older version of Topaz Adjust, you can still use the same link above, and download the latest version for free.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 00:06 by LesPalenik »

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 21:52 »
Topaz Impression

For any aspiring painters (using their existing photo images), Topaz has recently released a new Impression program with various painting effects, including oil and watercolor painting, abstracts, old masters (Cezanne, Monet, van Gogh, Renoir, da Vinci) and others. It is a much more capable and customizable program than their Simplify plugin. You can run it as a standalone program or as a plugin.
For illustration, I just posted a brief review of the program on my blogsite with many examples of the painting renditions.

http://advantica.wordpress.com/2014/09/21/topaz-impression/

The program is offered till end of September at 25% off (regularly listed at $99.99). To download a free trial version or to purchase it, use the following link:

Topaz Impression  and enter "sepimpression" for the 25% discount code

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 23:24 »
Looks like an excellent program. Wish I had more time to check out the trial version. Thanks for the info.

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 15:56 »
Hey Les,

Any luck getting filtered images accepted on any of the stock sites? As an illustration I'd assume.
Many sales yet?

I like the idea of this filter pack but would rather not see a giant flood of "impressionistic stuff" all over the place (I can see it happening at FAA easily with people filtering every image they have whether it is appropriate or not).

If the images get accepted and actually sell it might be an interesting "niche".

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 00:06 »
I haven't submitted any "painterly" renditions to stock agencies yet, but I used some of the presets to enhance gently certain image features, and got them accepted.  I'm still experimenting with the program, and posted a number of those painterly renditions on FAA. What I found out that some images call for certain effects, whereas others are best left alone.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 00:13 by LesPalenik »

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 19:57 »
I'm playing with the trial version. It seems very like SnapArt4 which I already have. Strengths (landscapes, cityscapes) and weaknesses (portraits) are the same in each, and the process and end results seempretty similar.

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 06:32 »
Actually, I found that some landscape images can be challenging, especially when they contain many small details. Sometimes, it helps to run the image through Topaz Simplify or other detail-reducing program prior to the painting process. Pretty much every image is different and might require a different treatment/preset.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 06:55 »
I always assume each photo is different, and seldom use presets in any program (other than a bulk processing of a series in ACR). If I do, it's just as a starting point, or 'what if?'

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 00:00 »
+1
The latest Topaz program on sale is their Clarity plugin.

Not to be confused with LR and Camera Raw clarity slider, this plugin is useful for increase of images levels of micro, midrange, and overall contrast. The effect is somewhat similar to NIK's Tonal Contrast preset in their Color Efex Pro plugin, but Topaz Clarity has many more options, and it seems to be doing better job, when it comes to halos and noise. I have used it routinely for several months now (applying just a few of their basic presets), and successfully submitted quite a few images processed this way. 

The program is offered till October 31, 2014 at 25% off which comes to $37.50 (regularly listed at $49.99). To download a free trial version or to purchase it, use the following link:

Topaz Clarity  and enter "octclarity" as the coupon code to get the 25% discount.

EDIT (Oct 20):
A short review with example images processed by this plugin has been posted on my blog at:
http://advantica.wordpress.com/2014/10/14/topaz-clarity/
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 23:04 by LesPalenik »

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 19:24 »
If you haven't pulled the trigger on Topaz plugins yet, now is a good opportunity.

Their entire suite (15 programs) is offered between November 28th and December 1st, 2014 at $249.99. To download / purchase it, use the following link:

Topaz Black Friday Promotion  and enter "BLACKFRIDAY2014" as the coupon code to get the discount.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 22:04 by LesPalenik »

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 17:26 »
ADDITIONAL DISCOUNT:
The promotion is live now - until Dec 1.
I forgot to mention that if already own any Topaz plugins, you can get additional discount for the previous purchases. The additional discount depends on the original cost of the purchased plugins, and it can lower your new purchase by another $10-$20 for each previously purchased plugin, so that can sweeten this deal even more.

To get the combined discount, use the following link and log in with your Topaz id. At the checkout, enter "BLACKFRIDAY2014" as the coupon code to get the discount. 

Topaz Black Friday Promotion 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 17:30 by LesPalenik »

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 23:10 »
Is it worth? Is it working good? I mean at 100% view.
Maybe i will try it. But i can not believe its working good enough.

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 05:06 »
What do you mean, Maximilian?
which plugin and what specifics do you want to know?

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2014, 07:30 »
Topaz Labs has released this month a new plugin called Glow.
This program produces "electric" outlines and other luminescent contour effects. Most of the presets are quite surreal, but not all of them are "glowing". When applied gently, some of the presets can enhance and improve an image in a nice way. As with the other Topaz plugins, not all images will benefit from using this technique, but if you want to experiment with your images, you may find this plugin useful for some artistic renditions. I found some of the glow effects work well on metallic surfaces, but as with any artistic treatments, it's very personal.

The introductory price of $49.99 is offered till December 31st, 2014 (regular price is $69.99). To see the Topaz Glow Before-And-After examples or to download a free trial version or to purchase it, use the following link:

http://www.topazlabs.com/aff/idevaffiliate.php?id=861&url=http://www.topazlabs.com/glow

and enter "introglow" as the coupon code to get the $20 discount. If you already own the Topaz Collection, login with your id, and you'll get another $10 off.

More information on my blogsite:
Topaz Glow Mini Review

Beppe Grillo

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2014, 08:46 »
$ 50 is too much. Even $ 30 is so much

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 08:55 »
Totally agree. At the same time - possibly there are artists who have to use these effects hundreds times a day. So may be... But for the average user... one good video tutorial might be more helpful...

Куда ты завел нас - не видно ни зги!