pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: hundreds of sales today on P5/Pixmac  (Read 14616 times)

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2014, 15:08 »
+1
Congrats PixelBytes!
Hope there are others?
Cant possibly happen to me though as i dont have a Pixmac account  :(

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2014, 15:23 »
+2
Congrats PixelBytes!
Hope there are others?

u can start today,  n maybe next year u can do the same thing as PB here with ur own goodnews.
i too have taken PB's news as an impetus to upload to P5. if they have enough good contributors
the draw of a larger clientele will help all of us.

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2014, 15:38 »
+1
Congrats PixelBytes!
Hope there are others?

u can start today,  n maybe next year u can do the same thing as PB here with ur own goodnews.
i too have taken PB's news as an impetus to upload to P5. if they have enough good contributors
the draw of a larger clientele will help all of us.

Oh i have been with Pond5 for a long time, and they get the most of my stuffs. I am very happy with them. I just never been with Pixmac and so could not have been affected by that "bug" .

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2014, 15:42 »
+1
Congrats for the nice sales PB!

I'm a little confused, do we have to request payment from pixmac or they pay automatically through pond5? Hadn't checked since they were bought by pond5 and now i see i have enough for a payout. Would never have checked if it wasn't for this thread i thought everything migrated to pond5. Do you still upload to pixmac or is that taken care of by pond5?

I think you can UL to either site.  I still use the old  pmac site because its easy for me.  I request $ thru pMac site too, but only earn 2 payout so far this year.  Today I look for payout options and you can set to auto payout at $25.  Wish more small sites let you collect at $25-30.

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2014, 17:23 »
+1
Same thing here!  A huge number of sales reported today!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:29 by Click Images »

dbvirago

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2014, 17:30 »
+1
Not a huge number, but more than I've seen there before. Just requested payout. Will see how this goes.

THP Creative

• THP Creative

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2014, 18:52 »
+3
yep, a number of sales through today for me too (nothing like the OP though, wow!!).

Just wanted to say thanks to Pond5/Pixmac team for being honest about this and reporting the sales once the bug was resolved. Bugs will happen - thats life. But you will continue to get our support with good good contributor relations from actions like this.

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2014, 21:52 »
+2
Very happy that others getting extra sales today too!

Big +1 for microstockman.  Your right, this is good company.  They find the bug and fix problem. Many sites the sellers must expose problems and fight to get pay.

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2014, 23:12 »
+8
yep, a number of sales through today for me too (nothing like the OP though, wow!!).

Just wanted to say thanks to Pond5/Pixmac team for being honest about this and reporting the sales once the bug was resolved. Bugs will happen - thats life. But you will continue to get our support with good good contributor relations from actions like this.

Their action on discovering the problem has been good but it is also scary that there can be thousands (perhaps hundreds of thousands) of dollars of unreported sales and nobody even notices. It shows how completely in the hands of the agencies we are.

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2014, 01:08 »
+1
Hm, I guess it's gonna be a huge global celebrating soon? ;)  Congrats all of you.
Is it all about selling images or video?

@Goofy, right, not happy end but happy start! :)

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2014, 11:21 »
Hm, I guess it's gonna be a huge global celebrating soon? ;)  Congrats all of you.
Is it all about selling images or video?

@Goofy, right, not happy end but happy start! :)
I think it only affects pixmac sellers so probably just photo and maybe illustration.

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2014, 11:51 »
+2
Got this yesterday too - "Pixmac sold 783 images for last 24 hours and generated $$$$ Credits to you" - thought it was a bug. Nice to know it's real sales, but yes it's a bit worrisome to know they weren't recorded properly before.

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2014, 16:34 »
+5
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 16:39 by Jonathan »

marthamarks

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2014, 16:38 »
+1
Unfortunately, during the repair process, another bug was triggered that incorrectly multiplied some users' sales.

Oops!

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2014, 18:16 »
+2
It was to good to be true  :'( I liked my balance better before the last bug-fix.

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2014, 20:09 »
+1
Thanks for info but very disappointing.  Yesterday I had a windfall, now only a light breeze.

Goofy

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2014, 21:31 »
+2
Thanks for info but very disappointing.  Yesterday I had a windfall, now only a light breeze.

You don't have to buy the beer for us anymore  :-\

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2014, 22:49 »

Thanks.  But may drown my sorrow in some beers anyway...

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2014, 01:01 »
+2
Wow, Jonathan, I must say I'm impressed with your (P5) professionalism, really! Technical issues happen but not every agency can behave like you did.
Very impressed!

Good luck in future and I hope, you'll be at high (est) possition in the right poll results column of this forum soon :)

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2014, 05:24 »
+2
Hello artists,

Recently, some of you may have noticed some odd fluctuations in your sales reports. We discovered an issue in our system that was causing your Pond5 sales (via your Pixmac partner account) to not be reported. Once our team was made aware of the situation, they worked to fix the problem, correcting any errors. Unfortunately, during the repair process, another bug was triggered that incorrectly multiplied some users' sales. As of 7/30/14, 5:12pm EST, all the errors and bugs have been corrected. Sales reporting will occur properly now, and your current account balance is now also accurate. Any sales you see reported on your account at this time are accurate, and are legitimately your sales.

We would like to take a moment to apologize for the trouble and confusion caused by this. We take these issues very seriously, and we will be reviewing this case in its entirety, so that we can make whatever changes are necessary to ensure that nothing like this happens again.

We understand how something like this could cause lots of confusion and worry, so we want to be very open and honest about what happened, including any progress we make. We will follow this thread and reply with any new information we receive. If you have questions, we'll do our best to answer them, but please know you are welcome to write into us at [email protected] for the quickest response. Or please feel free to call Pond5 at +1(646)233-2155, between the hours of 10am and 8pm EST.

Thanks for the update

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2014, 13:10 »
+1

Thanks.  But may drown my sorrow in some beers anyway...

you just reminded me of Ancient Chinese Saying, " wait till end of thunder shower to see if rain not cause erosion n flood before first to celebrate with dance and fervour. windfall can be shortfall if dancing too soon".

P5  >:(  what improvement you should make ???

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2014, 13:16 »
+2
Nice to see it didn't take them months to notice the problem and then enforce a monthly payback program like another agency (I just made my last payback payment). Pond5 is not a seller for me, but they sure seem fair and great to deal with.

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2014, 18:23 »
+1
Agree very good it was caught.  But if you write and say you investigated and sales are legit, you should have really investigated.  Seemed too good to be true and I didn't trust numbers until you tell me to, then get all excited for nothing. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 18:25 by PixelBytes »