pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: What Exactly Does This Mean?  (Read 4134 times)

Uncle Pete

« on: August 08, 2014, 09:28 »
Bigstock Partner - Single Unit Merchandise

The description doesn't say use, although double the usual sub rate.

Partner?

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 14:36 »
That's a bit disappointing...
Sounds like a partner is running some kind of POD shop.
When years ago Fotolia introduced their API and partners like that came up, there was a lot of noise in the forums, as the general understanding was that such merchandise (t-shirt, mug, poster...) would require an EL.
At the end most people settled down, as the understanding was that every such sale would lead to a credit sale of the highest resolution - the explanation was that this deal is similar to an end customer buying a regular license and ordering it printed elsewhere.

Now we find something similar here, but not with big size credit sales but only double subs rate...

No incentive to start uploading to Bigstock again, that much is certain...

cuppacoffee

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 16:36 »
+1
How can that be enforced/policed? If they buy this single unit image what is to prevent them from making multiple items?

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 17:00 »
+1
Hi Dirkr,

Just to clarify - this is a single (1) copy of an item, so it's a single mug or keychain for one person.  It is not a single payment for multiple copies of an item.  If a customer buys (5) copies of a keychain or mug, the royalty would be the equivalent of (5) individual licenses.   

Best,

Scott

Scott, I understood that. But still it is a very low royalty. The one (end-)customer is likely buying only a single product anyway. So no way he qualifies for the volume rebate that a subscription plan offers. Or half of that. So why are we getting double subscription royalties and not full size credit royalties?

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 00:51 »
I am so sick of seeing these sales that I opted out last week.  They were from Cafe Press and i think Zazzle.

Beppe Grillo

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 02:19 »
+1
How can that be enforced/policed? If they buy this single unit image what is to prevent them from making multiple items?

Honest people will be honest

Dishonest people will be dishonest
And if they really want to cheat they can find the whole Shutterstock collection for free on torrent sites
So?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 02:22 by Beppe Grillo »

Batman

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 11:12 »

Honest people will be honest

Dishonest people will be dishonest
And if they really want to cheat they can find the whole Shutterstock collection for free on torrent sites
So?

I think you are right any site or person could cheat the system in many ways. I'll believe that SS and the people who paid for a download are honest.

Uncle Pete

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 15:08 »
Thanks for the help, I didn't see the first reply. Now it makes more sense.

Hi Dirkr,

Just to clarify - this is a single (1) copy of an item, so it's a single mug or keychain for one person.  It is not a single payment for multiple copies of an item.  If a customer buys (5) copies of a keychain or mug, the royalty would be the equivalent of (5) individual licenses.   

Best,

Scott

Sponsors

Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results

Sponsors