MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: How many Pictures How many Revenues ?  (Read 7112 times)

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2014, 18:51 »
RPI is a very good KPI (key performance indicator), because then you could break it down further to assess other factors such as: RPI by agency, RPI by sets in SS, RPI by asset type (eg video vs images vs illustrations). In this way, you can continue to improve the overall performance of your port, know where to upload your images, understand what categories/sets are performing best, etc.

Uncle Pete

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2014, 21:11 »
+1
Not really. You can see what the average person, who comes to the specialized interest site, who voluntarily responds to the poll, with no validity check for what they click... has voted. One of the low earners could become a Middle Tier by simply having a dozen people slam it with higher numbers.

As for RPI, unless all the identical images are on all the sites, you really can't compare with any significant reliability. Might as well add, that every time a site rejects an image, the RPI for that site, goes up?

Someone could delete all their non-sellers and have a higher RPI.

In other words the statistic RPI is unreliable, unless you compared, image by image, site by site, the identical images and numbers of images. That would be interesting.

So, when you said in your original post, "but everybody talk about it in graphs and prevents", that's a good starting point. Use the Poll Results on the side, and multiply those numbers as a percentage of $500 (eg, SS would be $505), then you can see how much the average person makes.

Also, based on what u said (350 images/videos = $100 pm for you), you can ascertain that your port is returning you at best 28c. And if a good port returns 50c per month, then your images are under performing.

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2014, 22:53 »
+1
RPI is a measure but not the whole story.

You could have a very high RPI but the costs to produce it are huge
Low RPI but lots of images plus low production costs may end up with more money.

If I deleted all my low - non sellers my RPI would be higher but I wouldn't have any more money in my pocket.

At the end of the day its profit vs time that counts. this is a combination of

RPI, Number of images, expenses, time spent producing, image saleable lifetime

Hobostocker

This user is banned.
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2014, 23:35 »
+1
So, when you said in your original post, "but everybody talk about it in graphs and prevents", that's a good starting point. Use the Poll Results on the side, and multiply those numbers as a percentage of $500 (eg, SS would be $505), then you can see how much the average person makes.

Also, based on what u said (350 images/videos = $100 pm for you), you can ascertain that your port is returning you at best 28c. And if a good port returns 50c per month, then your images are under performing.

not to mention that on top of this studio and conceptual images can easily sell 10x times more than generic travel/lifestyle/street stuff so it's pointless to discuss RPI without knowing what's the target market segment.

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2014, 06:33 »
well i don't agree about the travel pictures, it's been proven by my portfolio, that most of the highest earners for me on my collection and trough my agent collection of my pics, the most sold and profit pictures is my travel ones and even the banalic ones

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2014, 12:25 »
well i don't agree about the travel pictures, it's been proven by my portfolio, that most of the highest earners for me on my collection and trough my agent collection of my pics, the most sold and profit pictures is my travel ones and even the banalic ones

one anecdote doesn't disprove the point -- my travel images sell o too, but OVERALL landscapes and flowers are not in demand compared to model released images, and they're so easy to make that competition is high

so once more, RPI alone is useless as a measure unless you know whaat t he portfolio consists of, which sites it's one, etc, etc