pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Buyers disclosure  (Read 2375 times)

« on: August 18, 2014, 10:53 »
Hey guys,
I tried to search for an answer, but didn't find any. My main question: Are there some stock agencies that give you disclosure regarding who bought a license of your photo?

My situation is this: Right now I sell my photos only over my own Photoshelter account on a RM licensing model. To reach a bigger market, I would love to sell over a different stock agency.

However, due to many copyright infringements, a decent part of my revenue comes from those. This means, at any point I need to know who has the right to use my photographs and who doesn't. Also, I need to keep the right to go after these infringements, not give it away to the stock agency.

Is there some agency that offers this disclosure? Or do you really always have to guess if your photo was stolen or purchased?

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 11:19 »
If you need to know who license your images and what for, RF is not for you.  All micro sites is RF, so no reason to do micro.   Only RM sites do this.  Maybe Alamy, Corbis, etc?

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 12:52 »
Alamy doesn't tell you who you sold to. However, you can contact them to see if a sale was legitimate. Also, what is recorded in your sales details doesn't always correspond to the rights actually sold. For example, I found an image online, checked back and saw that the rights was 'print only'. Questioned that and was told that 'print only' also covers an online version of the publication.

An example a sales report which I quoted in another thread here:
Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Placement: Single Placement
Image Size: up to full area
Start: 01 July 2014
End: 01 July 2017
Editorial web use, multiple placement; rights granted in line with customer agreement which may vary from invoice details above.

ultimagina

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 14:04 »
Getty does it in their monthly reports.