pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Uploading by DeepMeta not working?  (Read 5679 times)

« on: August 25, 2014, 08:31 »
Since yesterday uploading by DeepMetade to istock does not seem to be working well.

It is very slow and I get 2 or 3 of the same files appearing when I check istock. Going through the process of deleting the extra files is another pain.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 08:53 »
According to the IS forum any sort of uploading has been iffy for a few days.
"We are looking into the upload issues that are affecting some contributors and we are aware that site performance is currently pretty slow generally but especially in the forums. We will post updates as soon as we have them. Thanks for your continued patience."
http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_messages.php?threadid=362518&messageid=7038050

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 10:04 »
Thanks for the info.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 02:52 by Sion »

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 10:12 »
It work for me yesterday but processing was very long. And today it takes forever to edit images on istock website

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 17:59 »
worked for me fine today.

dbvirago

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 18:56 »
Was broken for me this morning but it's working now, although very slow

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 23:41 »
It was working yesterday and this morning for me here. Not sure this evening though...

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 23:48 »
+4
According to the IS forum any sort of uploading has been iffy for a few days.
"We are looking into the upload issues that are affecting some contributors and we are aware that site performance is currently pretty slow generally but especially in the forums. We will post updates as soon as we have them. Thanks for your continued patience."
http://www.istockphoto.com/forum_messages.php?threadid=362518&messageid=7038050

*icy wind can be heard in the background* cue deep voice: "September is coming..."  ;D

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 02:09 »
From istock August Bug Reports:

"Reports of some contributors having difficulty uploading via the site and via DeepMeta. Some uploading with DeepMeta report an issue with duplicate uploads being created."

I managed to upload 300 photos in the past 3 days almost having to keep PC on for 48 hours for snail-pace uploading happening at the background.

mr

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 05:42 »
Just uploaded 25 files in a bunch of minutes.
No issue now (at least for me :) )

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 06:36 »
*icy wind can be heard in the background* cue deep voice: "September is coming..."  ;D

LOL! Oh, so true, so true, the September disasters of istock...so glad I will only be partially effected and can focus elsewhere while they sort out their "exciting new improvements"

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 09:10 »
Broken again. Working again. Broken again. Working again. Broken again. Working again.

The rhythm of their clapped out old steamboat engine of a server.

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 18:22 »
+1
I agree with the previous poster.

Why don't they just build a new site based on a new modern system that is actually made to handle a site of iStock's size, and migrate all the material? For several years the site has been like an old sinking raft that they're desperatly trying to patch up as it goes down... and they seem to be running out of tape, sticks and strings.

It also surprises me how they never seem to take problems very serious... "Oh well, the site is down for 90% of our buyers, but we'll wait until monday before we take a look at what's going on". I would be in constant panic mode if I were in charge of iStock at the moment. And what happened to all those exciting changes that Yuri mentioned a while back? Was it just the new front page design?

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 05:27 »
I've just tried it yesterday (instead of painful uploading through iStock web site) and found out that upload is very very slow - goes like 1Mb/min. Is it normal? It is still better than uploading one by one on the website, but...

Actually you do not get much with Deepmeta - I still can not copy metadata from one photo to another, still have to go through all the keywords and check the ones that are in database... Also, there is no Drag/Drop functionality, so I can not drag the photos from explorer or other tool to Deepmeta - I have to open dialog instead.

So, actually. not very happy with the tool. If the upload is really that slow I do not see the real purpose.

JKB

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 06:57 »
+3
You might want to have a look at this article - 10 reasons...:
http://www.istockphoto.com/article_view.php?ID=1700
#2 explains how to copy and paste metadata etc.
FWIW, I've used DM for years and find it essential and the support impeccable.

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 04:09 »
Thanx a lot! That will make the tool more usable...

I would only like to have a functionality of drag/drop images to Deepmeta.

I'm using my own tool for keywording (You can take a look here or download it: http://stockphototagger.sourceforge.net). From my tool I can see which images are already tagged and completed by just looking at the thumbnail - which has all the information, so for me would be much easier just to select finished images and drag and drop them to deepmeta.

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 04:28 »
Then you should contact Franky either via the contact page or in the iStock forum;  I don't know if he reads comments posted in here.

But he has a long list of suggestions, I wouldn't expect anything to be implemented in the near future...

Uncle Pete

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2014, 14:09 »
I'd agree. I didn't know how to use the copy and paste, so it was a longer process. Once someone advised me how to do it right, it's very useful.

But watch out for what it copies and pastes. I have a set with categories for a batch and it's quite nice.

Editorial must be clicked one at a time and the release added. But the keywords are quick and easy, without all that clicking, if you copy one that has already been disambiguated.

You might want to have a look at this article - 10 reasons...:
http://www.istockphoto.com/article_view.php?ID=1700
#2 explains how to copy and paste metadata etc.
FWIW, I've used DM for years and find it essential and the support impeccable.