MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Support group for those who're waiting a Stocksy response  (Read 36950 times)

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2014, 10:05 »
+2
They are working through the huge backlog.  I believe that there were 10 or so new members added last week. 

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2014, 11:09 »
They are working through the huge backlog.  I believe that there were 10 or so new members added last week.

Thank you for the answer, Sean. I'm breathing a sigh of relief!

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2014, 13:53 »
Almost 3 months waiting! Are we sure they are going to reply to all of us? Out of the blue, i'm going to feel sad and nervous!

Same here, 3 months waiting. I'm very tired and disappointed. It seems to me that they aren't interested in my images when they didn't reply so far  :'(

Thank you Sean. Are they reviewing remaining applications from June finally? I'm very glad to hear about it.They wrote it can take one to two months to receive a response but we are waiting much longer and we don't know what's happened with our applications. I'm grateful for every information and explanation.

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2014, 21:44 »
Good to know. Thanks for the update!

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2014, 21:12 »
+1
Almost 3 months waiting! Are we sure they are going to reply to all of us? Out of the blue, i'm going to feel sad and nervous!

I hear ya sister! Been waiting just as long and I check my status on their site regularly. I'm going to start drinking now, maybe that will help......well, can't hurt, cheers!

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2014, 05:07 »

I hear ya sister! Been waiting just as long and I check my status on their site regularly. I'm going to start drinking now, maybe that will help......well, can't hurt, cheers!
lol! Cheers, Bro! A beer for every F5 had been hitting!

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2014, 07:38 »
3 months waiting...i wrote to them and i had a reply....something like:

"blablbala we have many requests...."

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2014, 07:52 »
3 months waiting...i wrote to them and i had a reply....something like:

"blablbala we have many requests...."

We have to respect the Stocksy's reviewers, if we want to get in. Stocksy for me is not any other agency and I will wait as long as necessary, because I believe that the delay is because of the strong and complicated process.

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2014, 08:47 »
We have to respect the Stocksy's reviewers, if we want to get in.

We respect them but the term one to two months is from Stocksy information page for applicants so I hope they understand that we are concerned when we have no answer after three months. Such delay is a serious complication for some photographers because microstock is full time job for some of us.  I believe they are doing the best but each week waiting impacts all my family and it is very difficult for me.

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2014, 09:04 »
+7

We respect them but the term one to two months is from Stocksy information page for applicants so I hope they understand that we are concerned when we have no answer after three months. Such delay is a serious complication for some photographers because microstock is full time job for some of us.  I believe they are doing the best but each week waiting impacts all my family and it is very difficult for me.

No doubt that Stocksy will reject a lot of contributor application ... no need to wait for any answer.

If you photos are suitable for microstock, Stocksy will not want them ... if they are special for Stocksy I guess it will be hard for you to have profit with them in microstock (in this days).

My advise is only that you must run your business without waiting for Stocksy answer.

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2014, 09:30 »
I wonder if underwater images would be in need there. They want realistic that's about as real as I can get. I would pull my work from micros if there was a need there.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2014, 09:39 »
I wonder if underwater images would be in need there. They want realistic that's about as real as I can get. I would pull my work from micros if there was a need there.
It looks like they mostly actively want lifestyle, but do have other genres.
You should try and contact some of the people already offering wildlife there before committing to pulling from elsewhere (unless they're not selling elsewhere) and check out their advertising to see what areas they are 'pushing' to buyers.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 10:02 by ShadySue »

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2014, 09:42 »
If you photos are suitable for microstock, Stocksy will not want them ... if they are special for Stocksy I guess it will be hard for you to have profit with them in microstock (in this days).

Exactly, this is the reason  It isn't possible to shoot the same images for Stocksy and microstock and when I'm focusing on Stocksy application I have great difficulty with other work.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 10:02 by Magdalena »

jen

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2014, 10:09 »
+2

Exactly, this is the reason  It isn't possible to shoot the same images for Stocksy and microstock and when I'm focusing on Stocksy application I have have great difficulty with other work.

I know I already said this on page 1, but... please don't put your life or work on hold for Stocksy.  I know it is really frustrating to wait so long, but waiting for an answer from Stocksy shouldn't impact your family or prevent you from doing your full time job.  It's just one agency.  Besides, your application is already submitted, isn't it?  So there shouldn't be any more work for you to do on it? 

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2014, 10:32 »
Besides, your application is already submitted, isn't it?  So there shouldn't be any more work for you to do on it? 
Of course my application is submitted but I wanted to do as much as possible so I improved my website. I added a lot of new images and I think it looks much better then three months ago and I'm glad for it. For this reason I wasn't able to focus on my microstock work at the same time. It was my decision, I had my reasons and I was sure I could afford it for some time but now I know it is too long and I have to change my approach.

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2014, 02:27 »
+2
So finally I received a replay. My application was declined. Although it was bad news, I feel much better now. Uncertainty and long waiting were more difficult for me. I sent them a question regarding my application before and I was surprised that they sent me also a very kind answer to my email.

I don't know if I will try again (I can send next application in December). I'm not sure if I will be able to prepare new application and work for microstock together. I had great difficulty with it now and I'm afraid it will be the same next time. Perhaps I'm not able to do it. Stocksy and microstock are very different and it seems that I can focus only on one way of working.

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2014, 03:29 »
I am very sorry to hear that. But at least the answer puts you out of waiting mode.

Might be worth exploring the alternatives out there with the content you planned to send to stocksy? 500pix? Apply to Offset?

Or some of the other edited collections?

Youll be meeting the same group of people wherever you go. stock is a small world.

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2014, 03:59 »
Might be worth exploring the alternatives out there with the content you planned to send to stocksy? 500pix? Apply to Offset?

I have to decide. Although I wasn't accepted, it was a very useful experience for me. After years of working for microstock I began to think about my own photography again. Microstock gave me good money but I realized that I also lost something. I would like to find out which topics and what style of photography is most important for me personally now and I would like to include it to my work in some way. I hope it will be possible.

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2014, 04:10 »
I am sure you can. Shooting again the way you love to shoot is very liberating. And stocksy is a great place for it. But it is not the only place.

With thousands of people applying, but sadly not getting in, it means there is a very large volume of files available for more authentic photography.

Somebody is going to tap into that resource and make it available for the customers.

I dont know if 500pix is the answer, but it seems to be a more open plattform than stocksy.

And I am sure the many edited collections could be a good place as well. It just takes time to identify the one that will work for you.

Authentic photography is good for the soul. I find that with independence I am free to explore different styles and ways of shooting is the best thing that could have happened to me.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 04:13 by cobalt »

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2014, 04:42 »
So finally I received a replay. My application was declined. Although it was bad news, I feel much better now. Uncertainty and long waiting were more difficult for me. I sent them a question regarding my application before and I was surprised that they sent me also a very kind answer to my email.

I don't know if I will try again (I can send next application in December). I'm not sure if I will be able to prepare new application and work for microstock together. I had great difficulty with it now and I'm afraid it will be the same next time. Perhaps I'm not able to do it. Stocksy and microstock are very different and it seems that I can focus only on one way of working.
Omg Magdalena, i'm so sorry to hear that. Don't throw the towel and try again in december! or try offset like Cobalt said! What kind of porfolio did you introduce to them? still life or lifestyle or food or?

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2014, 07:56 »
+1
Omg Magdalena, i'm so sorry to hear that. Don't throw the towel and try again in december! or try offset like Cobalt said! What kind of porfolio did you introduce to them? still life or lifestyle or food or?

I had various images in my portfolio, maybe too many. I need to clarify what suits me the most and I will try to focus on less subjects. If I will be happy with the result, may be I will try again. But I'm not sure if I will survive next three months waiting  ;D

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2014, 23:30 »
+2
Sorry to hear your news Magdalena. Keep shooting what you love.  :)

jen

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2014, 12:09 »
I'm sorry Magdalena!

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2014, 14:42 »
+9
Guys, i'm so happy, i've been accepted on stocksy!!

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2014, 15:54 »
Guys, i'm so happy, i've been accepted on stocksy!!

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Woo hoo! Fantastic news, congrats. Are your images live yet? Pm me a link?