pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: new site stocktal  (Read 49469 times)

Valo

« Reply #200 on: September 15, 2014, 12:25 »
I am not sure where 2-3mb comes from, but the uploader says 16mb. However when I upload a 15mb file it goes nowhere. I have uploaded 8mb files with no problem. It is all a bit confusing, that I agree with.

« Reply #201 on: September 15, 2014, 13:05 »
I am not sure where 2-3mb comes from, but the uploader says 16mb. However when I upload a 15mb file it goes nowhere. I have uploaded 8mb files with no problem. It is all a bit confusing, that I agree with.

From the first page of this thread
From their website:

"A good size is 2000 x 3000px approximately. 1 to 3 megabytes is perfect. We allow up to 10 mb but actively discourage members constantly uploading 8, 9 or 10 mb images. Its not the business niche we are targeting.

If you intend to partner with stocktal, set your camera size to output images around 2000 to 3000 no bigger than 4 or 5 mb. Existing images can easily be transformed."

« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2014, 20:46 »
+8
posts here had been encouraging but the actual website & support  display an appalling ignorance of BASIC business realities

I asked why, after my first 250 images were accepted without question, the next 200+ uploads over the next week just disappeared - NEVER listed in pending & never declined.

first response was that I didn't have proper info -- caption and CATEGORY, eg -- so they haven't gotten the memo that they NO LONGER HAVE CATEGORIES!

my basic question of where my uploads went got this reply:

======We apologize for the difficulties. Curators delete images without notification if they feel the submission is not worth persisting with.

Submissions must be properly titled, description, keywords, category and the text must be original to the submission.

========================

again repeating the nonsense about categories (for the THIRD time), but even worse, completely unprofessional, not even having the basic courtesy of sending a rejection????  even the silly rejections of other agencies are better than this insulting lack of any regard for contributos!

as far as creating completely NEW descriptions and titles INDIVIDUALLY for 10,000 images for an unproven site when other sites are already selling these images???  what a JOKE!!!!!

I was willing to give this startup the benefit of the doubt, but this idiocy is completely unacceptable!  they don't have a CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #203 on: September 18, 2014, 18:14 »
Please make the category easier to find and select when editing and keywording an image.
Can't wait to know if this new microstock site will succeed. I hope so.
Is anybody had a sale yet ?

« Reply #204 on: September 18, 2014, 19:05 »
Please make the category easier to find and select when editing and keywording an image.
Can't wait to know if this new microstock site will succeed. I hope so.
Is anybody had a sale yet ?

There's a trick to it. You can select any category (even if it's wrong)  Once selected, place your cursor over it and type a letter. For instance, F if you are looking for Food. Keep hitting F over and over, and it will cycle through every word starting with F, listed in the category.
I'll admit that there are way too many categories on this site, but this cycles through the words pretty fast.

« Reply #205 on: September 19, 2014, 12:38 »
see previous post fro stocktal -- they've eliminated categories altogether....

« Reply #206 on: September 19, 2014, 16:52 »
+5

I went through Jack-Stocktal's replies and can't find anything about Category elimination.  Some mention of emails from people stating such, but I never got one. Categories are still on the site as of today.

« Reply #207 on: September 20, 2014, 00:42 »
+1

I went through Jack-Stocktal's replies and can't find anything about Category elimination.  Some mention of emails from people stating such, but I never got one. Categories are still on the site as of today.
I got the email, and posted it above.  But I uploaded files today and the category system is still in place.  I added the categories, just in case, but this is confusing.
I do not have a big problem with categories if they are easy to do.  But their system was already out of hand and with the ability to add your own was going to be a train wreck.

« Reply #208 on: September 22, 2014, 11:41 »
+1
Well, I got this email this morning:
Hello John, Thank you for taking an assessment at StockTal - Royalty Free Images! Result: Pending Date: 09/06/2014 Comments: Your account has been set to pending. Please contact support to understand how your account can be restored. Thank you. Best regards, StockTal - Royalty Free Images
I have no idea what that means.  I took the 'assessment' a while ago and have since uploaded over 800 files.  So now I am set to 'pending'?  Does not make any sense.
I'm starting to think those who had serious doubts were correct.  They do not seem to have a handle on things very well.  Maybe this is a glitch, but I'm not permitted to upload anymore despite all of the files except the last 20 being accepted.

I thought it might the 'speeding ticket' others have mentioned but I was careful to keep the upload below 1 gig per day as Jack recommended.

I've emailed support for an answer.  Jack if you are still monitoring this thread how about a little help?

« Reply #209 on: September 22, 2014, 11:55 »
I browsed the site a coupe of weeks ago and there were a few videos there,some of which had sales!...?
No videos now.Anyone has any idea what is going on there?I looks promising for videos,at least to test the waters,but they seem to have eliminated that option.

« Reply #210 on: September 23, 2014, 10:54 »
+1
Well, I got this email this morning:
Hello John, Thank you for taking an assessment at StockTal - Royalty Free Images! Result: Pending Date: 09/06/2014 Comments: Your account has been set to pending. Please contact support to understand how your account can be restored. Thank you. Best regards, StockTal - Royalty Free Images
I have no idea what that means.  I took the 'assessment' a while ago and have since uploaded over 800 files.  So now I am set to 'pending'?  Does not make any sense.
I'm starting to think those who had serious doubts were correct.  They do not seem to have a handle on things very well.  Maybe this is a glitch, but I'm not permitted to upload anymore despite all of the files except the last 20 being accepted.

I thought it might the 'speeding ticket' others have mentioned but I was careful to keep the upload below 1 gig per day as Jack recommended.

I've emailed support for an answer.  Jack if you are still monitoring this thread how about a little help?

My account with 512 approved images, has also been set to Pending like you. I am among the top uploaders there. Is Jack still around? I opened two tickets in the past, nobody answered them and both of them are closed now. I opened a new one for account status now.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 11:09 by 08stock08 »

« Reply #211 on: September 24, 2014, 03:34 »
+2
Thank you everyone for the comments.

Please keep in mind this is early days and the results are more than acceptable. The beta version of our (and I mean "OUR" yours and ours) stocktal site is heading to 1.0 but we presently have other priorities that need to fit into place. We are negotiating ad blocks with people like adroll and others, creating quality contacts and reaching out to key people at google, yahoo and bing to realize their requirements for the site.

Time has passed quickly and the launch is approaching and the deadline looms. Thank you for all the private comments, compliments and encouragement, (it does make a difference) With thousands of people now viewing this thread within the space of less than a few weeks, its understandable our support staff are busy. We try to answer every single comment even if its just a compliment. I have read many of the comments myself sent and thank you for the intense support.

To the posters above, I ask you to be patient, support try hard to competently answer all requests as promptly as possible and we will be adding more support staff soon.

If you will think outside of the box and recognize what stocktal is you will realize we are changing the business from the ground up. We are not a start up, we are a new beginning.

Thanks again for the wonderful experience on msg.

« Reply #212 on: September 24, 2014, 07:41 »
+1
If you will think outside of the box and recognize what stocktal is you will realize we are changing the business from the ground up.

Sorry, how are you thinking "outside the box" and "changing the business from the ground up"?  Now, Canva is a good example of thinking outside the box.  What you are doing just looks like another microstock site.

« Reply #213 on: September 24, 2014, 08:32 »
Hello Sean, hope the Stocksy sales are going well!!

Im aware of Lee in Kew which is on the other side of town from us, but he is only a phone call away.

He is doing great with Canva and theres no need to say so. Wish him the best and hope his new Australian home is just what he expected.

How is offering contributors a flat 78% NOT changing the industry or thinking outside the box. Quite confused by your concern there. Hoping to see your work on stocktal, some of it is quite stunning.

cheers.

« Reply #214 on: September 24, 2014, 12:13 »
+2
jack - what's your response ti the email from support that said when reviewers don't like an image they just delete it with no response to the artist -- that's unacceptable!!!

I haven't been able to upload anything since the first week -- first 261 images accepted, then nothing -- no way to tell what's going on since there is no indication when uploaded items appear - nothing in pending or deleted

Valo

« Reply #215 on: September 24, 2014, 12:21 »
+3
It baffles me people are still uploading to this site. Are we this desperate about Microstock?

Ubermansch

• Im designed to think
« Reply #216 on: September 25, 2014, 02:46 »
+2
Actually, I've been watching Canva for months and wonder why they are still even in the low earners category on microstockgroup.

Kind of like shutterstock being in this category. weird.

« Reply #217 on: September 25, 2014, 06:04 »
Valo you are of course now my favorite poster on this thread and I adore your special "take" on things.

Cascoly, Its hard to say what the problem is. We try to understand all submissions. But let me take a look at your account and I will make certain everything is correct. Please stand by mate, we have everything under control.

gcrook? have i got that right? We have capacity for video, but low interest right now, this will be re-implemented soon.

Ubermansch, canva is a stunning success I and wish them well. Such a fast and quick roar into hyper now in under a year shows me what the contributor earning 30 cents can do to help such a fast growing company. Well done to both their contributors and the company itself!  They should definitely be in the middle earners thread at "least" on msg.

« Reply #218 on: September 25, 2014, 12:50 »
+2

Cascoly, Its hard to say what the problem is. We try to understand all submissions. But let me take a look at your account and I will make certain everything is correct. Please stand by mate, we have everything under control.

thanks - but there are 2 issues here -- first the inability to have any images get uploaded, but more disturbing your support person telling me images can be discarded by reviewers without ever showing up in pending or declined areas....

she also said that all images had to have categories, more than a week after you said they were no longer being used!

« Reply #219 on: September 25, 2014, 12:53 »
+1
Actually, I've been watching Canva for months and wonder why they are still even in the low earners category on microstockgroup.

Kind of like shutterstock being in this category. weird.

'low earners' just means enough people have listed them to get them in the poll, but not enough to generate a rating  -- there are many agencies in that category that will never make it any higher

Ubermansch

• Im designed to think
« Reply #220 on: September 25, 2014, 13:09 »

she also said that all images had to have categories, more than a week after you said they were no longer being used!

Not sure what the issue is. If you're payng attention to their coms, you will know categories are important to listings. Its how I make MONEY with them. Your account, your choices. Seems clear to me that categories are pretty important. This dude is patient as hell with people lol, so funny

« Reply #221 on: September 25, 2014, 13:42 »
+4

Not sure what the issue is. If you're payng attention to their coms, you will know categories are important to listings. Its how I make MONEY with them. Your account, your choices. Seems clear to me that categories are pretty important. This dude is patient as hell with people lol, so funny

if YOU were paying attention you'd have seen the discussion here about categories and jack's (welcomed) statement that they were not going to use categories

you make 'money' with categories -- where? how?

« Reply #222 on: September 25, 2014, 18:07 »
+7
Well I got a reply from Stocktal.  They say my account has been suspended because my titles and descriptions are just copy paste and not unique to Stocktal.  Since I do not have the time to re-do 4000 files I guess I am done at Stocktal.  I can see why a new site wants this for SEO but no other site demands it.

« Reply #223 on: September 25, 2014, 20:05 »
+7
Well I got a reply from Stocktal.  They say my account has been suspended because my titles and descriptions are just copy paste and not unique to Stocktal.  Since I do not have the time to re-do 4000 files I guess I am done at Stocktal.  I can see why a new site wants this for SEO but no other site demands it.

my first 200+ submissions were accepted with the same iptc that all the other agencies got -- no way am I ging to redo thousands of descriptons, etc, esp'ly for an unproven site

« Reply #224 on: September 26, 2014, 05:19 »
+7

I asked before in this thread, if they want us to redo titles and description on our files. Never got an answer.
If this is their official policy and it's important to them, why don't they explicitely ask us to do so and explain why they want it?
But I shouldn't care, I won't do that anyway.

Maybe they should consider paying for uploads. For 5$ per upload I might think about new titles / descriptions.