MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: new site stocktal  (Read 49452 times)

« Reply #250 on: September 29, 2014, 09:14 »
When is StockTal's official launch? Someone sees some sale? Anyone saw anything sold so far?

I am also supporting them.
They asked me to resize(diamensions and size MB) my images, which I did using a batch script. It just took few minutes and uploaded them. Next they asked me to take out duplicate images, that also followed. Though my portfolio has shrunk a bit but I would say it is still better there.

Views are rising but waiting to see the real sale.

Did you write new titles and descriptions for all your images?

« Reply #251 on: September 29, 2014, 11:53 »
@dirkr, I just chose one from each set, that way there are single with unique titles and descriptions.

« Reply #252 on: September 29, 2014, 12:57 »
+4
I understood Jack that they want titles and description to be unique to Stocktal, i.e. different than on other sites - assuming you are not sending exclusive images. Did you do that? Or maybe I didn't understand it correctly...

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #253 on: September 29, 2014, 13:10 »
Maybe that's why they have titles like 'big bird, thick branch'; and there was me unkindly thinking the contributor couldn't be bothered looking the species up and putting 'Vernacular name, Latin name' like any normal person would do. Maybe they had 'vernacular name, Latin name' on another site.
Ho-hum  ::)
(they seem not to have the species name in the keywords either. Is that also forbidden if you have it elsewhere? Seems pretty pointless if so. While there may indeed be a small number of buyers who might search 'big bird, thick branch', it seems odd to exclude any potential buyers who know which species they want.)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 06:47 by ShadySue »

« Reply #254 on: September 29, 2014, 13:20 »
+1
Maybe that's why they have titles like 'big bird, thick branch'; and there was me unkindly thinking the contributor couldn't be bothered looking the species up and putting 'Vernacular name, Latin name' like any normal person would do. Maybe they had 'vernacular name, Latin name' on another site.
Ho-hum  ::)

Yep, that's what's troubling me about that requirement - when you have accurate, fitting titles and descriptions on other sites, making them unique for Stocktal will make the less accurate and fitting...

Valo

« Reply #255 on: September 29, 2014, 13:25 »
+1
But at least you will have a killer SEO. Useless, but killer.

« Reply #256 on: September 30, 2014, 13:54 »
To a degree... this thread has no real specific direction nor can I answer with effectiveness. It's been quite hard to deal with this thread and noting the large amount of views in less than 3 weeks, I myself have felt some pressure.

We are not "another" start up, we are something else and something else is expected. My staff are gradually trying to acclimatize our early adapters to what we KNOW works, but it takes time and some humbling on our part to get the message across without upsetting the talent involved.

I want people who actually are members of StockTal to understand, we are here to stay. We have money behind this project, and our prime goal is to sell your work and make you money.

Im thankful for all the comments and appreciate all the assistance, but we can handle the StockTal business. What we need is smart, cooperative people getting behind us, so we can actually generate a new paradigm for the industry and disrupt big business that take everything and give nothing.

Im over seas right now and have been advised by my co founders to stop posting here. This is my last post on this thread. I wish you all well.

« Reply #257 on: September 30, 2014, 16:28 »
+7
To a degree... this thread has no real specific direction nor can I answer with effectiveness. It's been quite hard to deal with this thread and noting the large amount of views in less than 3 weeks, I myself have felt some pressure.

We are not "another" start up, we are something else and something else is expected. My staff are gradually trying to acclimatize our early adapters to what we KNOW works, but it takes time and some humbling on our part to get the message across without upsetting the talent involved.

I want people who actually are members of StockTal to understand, we are here to stay. We have money behind this project, and our prime goal is to sell your work and make you money.

Im thankful for all the comments and appreciate all the assistance, but we can handle the StockTal business. What we need is smart, cooperative people getting behind us, so we can actually generate a new paradigm for the industry and disrupt big business that take everything and give nothing.

Im over seas right now and have been advised by my co founders to stop posting here. This is my last post on this thread. I wish you all well.

sorry, but that doesn't work -- you're NOT any different from all the other fly by nights who show up here with promises, the disappear.

you've demonstrated your IGNORANCE of the microstock business without giving any indication of how you might do something different. if you can't handle the relatively mild reactions here, along with those of us who were willing to give you a try, then you're certainly not ready for prime

please DELETE MY PORTFOLIO immediately

« Reply #258 on: September 30, 2014, 16:44 »
+4
We are not "another" start up, we are something else and something else is expected.

See, again, the problem is you're not really something else.  You're basing the "out of the box" and "something else" and "innovation" just on the royalty percentage of 78%, which anyone can offer.  However, you're doing it while fumbling through the basics of starting your basic micro agency.  You're completely missing the point.

« Reply #259 on: October 01, 2014, 12:20 »
This is my last post on this thread. I wish you all well.

Jack Stocktal. the only way 2 give us the middle finger is to have your talents come in here to tell us they made sales. that alone will even make Mr. Locke eat his words  8)

p.s.
Mr. Locke, it's not meant to slight u, but more so 2 let Jack know that we r all interested in any agency that sells. btw, how is Stocksy doing with sales, Mr. Locke  ;)

« Reply #260 on: October 01, 2014, 12:33 »
Check the monthly sales thread :)

ShadySue

« Reply #261 on: October 01, 2014, 13:13 »
+2
Jack Stocktal. the only way 2 give us the middle finger is to have your talents come in here to tell us they made sales.
Yeah, send us shills; like the little vanguard posse of cheerleaders.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 07:52 by ShadySue »

« Reply #262 on: October 01, 2014, 13:46 »
+1
Here is a real specific question Jack, I hope you can answer with effectiveness: Can customers buy and use our images for resale as products and how will you protect us when that happens? I am already taking down my images from several sites for that reason only. Make me upload to yours. Thank you.

« Reply #263 on: October 01, 2014, 16:40 »
+4
@lirch,
Read post #256. Elvis has left the building.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 16:43 by rimglow »

« Reply #264 on: October 02, 2014, 00:15 »
At the begining I uploaded few files to see what it is. Now I see my images in different pricing that I choosed... What did I miss? What's going on here?
I didn't watch this thread carefully, sorry, but this time I'm surprised really...

ShadySue

« Reply #265 on: October 02, 2014, 07:20 »
At the begining I uploaded few files to see what it is. Now I see my images in different pricing that I choosed... What did I miss? What's going on here?
I didn't watch this thread carefully, sorry, but this time I'm surprised really...

Why are you surprised?
You yourself posted from their T&C "Be aware, Stocktal may seasonally adjust our standard pricing model to reflect trends. This adjustment may affect all sbmissions, even the ones not following our default guidelines. You may need to individually adjust your prices back to your price point."

http://www.microstockgroup.com/new-sites-general/new-site-stocktal/msg393084/#msg393084
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 07:39 by ShadySue »

« Reply #266 on: October 02, 2014, 07:57 »
+7
Stockal is a PERFECT example of a start up who wasn't ready to start. While there were plenty of mis-messages, the biggest red flag for me was 78% commission. I think Sean said it right.....it's not sustainable. But there were other deterrents for me, too.  All of the retitling and re-descriptions, etc. on my 3,000 images. The resizing - yes, no, yes, no, I don't know. The categories - yes, no, yes, no, I don't know....etc. These kinds of responses make my personal comfort level queasy at best and that's why I wasn't about to give it a go. Then Jack said bye bye. That didn't help either. I am ALL FOR NEW, COMPETITIVE sites who have a real differentiator, not just commission. We already have those in P5, GL, SF, etc...50%-55%. Stocksy & Canva come to mind as having more differentiation.

Something just didn't feel right I all I am, saying.

ShadySue

« Reply #267 on: October 02, 2014, 08:12 »
+6
The legal agreements were littered with spelling and grammatical mistakes, didn't make sense, and there were contradictions within and between pages. Seriously worrying.
Then his alleged USP, that "buyers could talk to sellers", wasn't unique.
Add in his totally unprofessional attitude in this forum.
Total non-starter.

« Reply #268 on: October 02, 2014, 10:33 »
+3
Why are you surprised?
You yourself posted from their T&C "Be aware, Stocktal may seasonally adjust our standard pricing model to reflect trends. This adjustment may affect all sbmissions, even the ones not following our default guidelines. You may need to individually adjust your prices back to your price point."

It was so unbelievable that I couldn't accept the truth  :P Or in other words, wanted to make sure it's not worth or rather I better keep away from that place. Here is reply to my email:
"There "was" a change to remove the $1.95 option based on feedback from members, it was done around a month ago.
Unfortunately, if we make a change like that, it affects all accounts and items, but this is not expected to be a problem as it's intended to stick to the current pricing.
You can go ahead and adjust your pricing again as you wish. Sorry bout that "

I have no more questions  ;D
Just amazing...

« Reply #269 on: October 02, 2014, 17:25 »
Stockal is a PERFECT example of a start up who wasn't ready to start. While there were plenty of mis-messages, the biggest red flag for me was 78% commission. I think Sean said it right.....it's not sustainable. But there were other deterrents for me, too.  All of the retitling and re-descriptions, etc. on my 3,000 images. The resizing - yes, no, yes, no, I don't know. The categories - yes, no, yes, no, I don't know....etc. These kinds of responses make my personal comfort level queasy at best and that's why I wasn't about to give it a go. Then Jack said bye bye. That didn't help either. I am ALL FOR NEW, COMPETITIVE sites who have a real differentiator, not just commission. We already have those in P5, GL, SF, etc...50%-55%. Stocksy & Canva come to mind as having more differentiation.

jack whatshisname did an elvis , no doubt , because he got the middle finger from us here...
like so many new sites. 
playing devil's advocate, i really don't think we can cheer for his quitting us ...
because even with the new sites u mentioned, mantis,
they r not making anything incredible either
if u look at the right column on this page.
all the aforementioned, all single digit after what? how many years?

i like to wish dt, alamy, big, to at least get into the mid %-age like 50 % after so many years.
as for stocksy canva which i cheer much for their success,
even they too could turn out to be the next veer, if u know what i mean.

still , stocktal is not a dark horse either. without ss we would all be better off flipping burgers, really.

ShadySue

« Reply #270 on: October 02, 2014, 17:32 »
jack whatshisname did an elvis , no doubt , because he got the middle finger from us here...
Totally disagree.
Many of us asked serious questions, by way of due diligence, which he was disinclined to answer.
(to be fair, he said he "couldn't answer with effectiveness", again showing disarming honestly re. his cluelessness about the business.)

I bet the Dragons (aka Sharks) wouldn't go there.

"Once bitten, twice shy."
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 19:19 by ShadySue »

« Reply #271 on: October 02, 2014, 17:44 »
+1

like so many new sites. 
playing devil's advocate, i really don't think we can cheer for his quitting us ...
because even with the new sites u mentioned, mantis,
they r not making anything incredible either

if u look at the right column on this page.
all the aforementioned, all single digit after what? how many years?

i like to wish dt, alamy, big, to at least get into the mid %-age like 50 % after so many years.
as for stocksy canva which i cheer much for their success,
even they too could turn out to be the next veer, if u know what i mean.

still , stocktal is not a dark horse either. without ss we would all be better off flipping burgers, really.

That's my point. Offering higher commissions isn't worth squat if you don't have the traffic, meaning you need a good marketing hook that sets you apart from other sites and provides buyers with something new or better that they consider value.  As far as Stocksy or Canva, their early success is a good indicator of the future. ANY business can tank, no matter what size.....RCA, EF Hutton, JP Morgan, General Motors and the list goes on.  Stockfresh is unlike Stocksy or Canva in that they have been around for some time (5-6 years) and haven't produced positive sales. That's how Stockal would have been. And I don't believe that anyone in this forum is/was cheering for his quitting; they are responding to his inability to answer specific questions around the business model, site functionality, site requirements, etc. As I stated I would like for a company like Stockal to succeed, but I would strongly recommend that when they come to MSG they be more prepared to answer cross-experience questions.

ShadySue

« Reply #272 on: October 02, 2014, 18:59 »
Stockfresh is unlike Stocksy or Canva in that they have been around for some time (5-6 years) and haven't produced positive sales.
And wasn't Stockfresh started by someone who already had experience in stock?

As I stated I would like for a company like Stockal to succeed, but I would strongly recommend that when they come to MSG they be more prepared to answer cross-experience questions.
That has to be a sine qua non. Without more information and particularly willingness to answer questions, you might as well throw your money at a random Nigerian emailler.

« Reply #273 on: October 07, 2014, 17:22 »
+11
... our prime goal is to sell your work and make you money...

Ah, how nice of you!.. I'm tired from such an unselfish statements... Why 90% of startupers are so synthetic and insincere??? WHY?
Why not to be honest and just say: "Hi all, I would like to earn on your stock images, so I'm inviting you to join my website. If I will sell some photos I will give you 50%, in the beginning, and if we'll be lucky, you'll get more". That's all. Honesty. Bravery. Truth. Then would be respect from me and maybe I would join.

And please,  no bull@its about "our team", "big department", "board of art directors" etc, while often behind this stands one person only.

Anyway, good luck for Stocktal.

But all new "agencies" and artists hunters, listen: don't cheat, don't fool and deceive, be honest and brave, tell truth from the very beginning, because here are real people who saw hot and cold through the years, who work hard (sometimes for pennies), who can see your heart and your intentions, can feel and can hear between the lines and have some wise words to correct and to encourage you. And they deserve respect, but not to be cheated in any way.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 21:03 by 4seasons »

Beppe Grillo

« Reply #274 on: October 08, 2014, 02:37 »
... our prime goal is to sell your work and make you money...

Ah, how nice of you!.. I'm tired from such an unselfish statements... Why 90% of startupers are so synthetic and insincere??? WHY?
Why not to be honest and just say: "Hi all, I would like to earn on your stock images, so I'm inviting you to join my website. If I will sell some photos I will give you 50%, in the beginning, and if we'll be lucky, you'll get more". That's all. Honesty. Bravery. Truth. Then would be respect from me and maybe I would join.

And please,  no bull@its about "our team", "big department", "board of art directors" etc, while often behind this stands one person only.

Anyway, good luck for Stocktal.

But all new "agencies" and artists hunters, listen: don't cheat, don't fool and deceive, be honest and brave, tell truth from the very beginning, because here are real people who saw hot and cold through the years, who work hard (sometimes for pennies), who can see your heart and your intentions, can feel and can hear between the lines and have some wise words to correct and to encourage you. And they deserve respect, but not to be cheated in any way.

+1

But

An example of agency telling the truth (imo) from the beginning.
https://macrografiks.com/
And if they are not failing they are not so far, and seem to desperately try to find a good solution to satisfy themselves and their contributors, keeping to be honest, gentle and fair.

Unfortunately we live in a world where bigger is the lie bigger is the success
Basically people like to be telling lies
If it was not like this there will be a lot of time that we would have fired all our politicians :D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 04:21 by Beppe Grillo »