MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: new site stocktal  (Read 49450 times)

« Reply #275 on: October 08, 2014, 03:25 »
+6
Well I got a reply from Stocktal.  They say my account has been suspended because my titles and descriptions are just copy paste and not unique to Stocktal.  Since I do not have the time to re-do 4000 files I guess I am done at Stocktal.  I can see why a new site wants this for SEO but no other site demands it.

my first 200+ submissions were accepted with the same iptc that all the other agencies got -- no way am I ging to redo thousands of descriptons, etc, esp'ly for an unproven site

I wouldn't even redo the titles and descriptions for a proven earner like Dreamstime.  For my top site, Shutterstock, I'd consider it, but even then I'd probably procrastinate uploading for a long time.

« Reply #276 on: October 08, 2014, 09:51 »
... our prime goal is to sell your work and make you money...

Ah, how nice of you!.. I'm tired from such an unselfish statements... Why 90% of startupers are so synthetic and insincere??? WHY?
Why not to be honest and just say: "Hi all, I would like to earn on your stock images, so I'm inviting you to join my website. If I will sell some photos I will give you 50%, in the beginning, and if we'll be lucky, you'll get more". That's all. Honesty. Bravery. Truth. Then would be respect from me and maybe I would join.

And please,  no bull@its about "our team", "big department", "board of art directors" etc, while often behind this stands one person only.

Anyway, good luck for Stocktal.

But all new "agencies" and artists hunters, listen: don't cheat, don't fool and deceive, be honest and brave, tell truth from the very beginning, because here are real people who saw hot and cold through the years, who work hard (sometimes for pennies), who can see your heart and your intentions, can feel and can hear between the lines and have some wise words to correct and to encourage you. And they deserve respect, but not to be cheated in any way.

+1

But

An example of agency telling the truth (imo) from the beginning.
https://macrografiks.com/
And if they are not failing they are not so far, and seem to desperately try to find a good solution to satisfy themselves and their contributors, keeping to be honest, gentle and fair.

Unfortunately we live in a world where bigger is the lie bigger is the success
Basically people like to be telling lies
If it was not like this there will be a lot of time that we would have fired all our politicians :D

Yep, as always and everywhere there is another side of the Moon. In general I agree with you, and I think that sometimes we do not need to know "all truth", just for a peace of mind. Wise people know when and how much truth to say. I just want to emphasize one side and extreme approach to future colleagues. Presentation of a new agency and communication should be well and wisely balanced ;)

chan

« Reply #277 on: October 08, 2014, 14:59 »
+3
Well I got a reply from Stocktal.  They say my account has been suspended because my titles and descriptions are just copy paste and not unique to Stocktal.  Since I do not have the time to re-do 4000 files I guess I am done at Stocktal.  I can see why a new site wants this for SEO but no other site demands it.

my first 200+ submissions were accepted with the same iptc that all the other agencies got -- no way am I ging to redo thousands of descriptons, etc, esp'ly for an unproven site

I wouldn't even redo the titles and descriptions for a proven earner like Dreamstime.  For my top site, Shutterstock, I'd consider it, but even then I'd probably procrastinate uploading for a long time.

I just got called out for it and cancelled my account. These guys are VERY short lived. Shouldn't have wasted my time.

« Reply #278 on: October 09, 2014, 01:15 »
+6
I just got called out for it and cancelled my account. These guys are VERY short lived. Shouldn't have wasted my time.

Same here, deleted files. WoT.

« Reply #279 on: October 24, 2014, 05:25 »
How much money have you earned at stocktal so far? Someone has already a short review?
Upload only 20 images than stopped. 0 sales.

« Reply #280 on: October 24, 2014, 07:35 »
+10
The thing is, if/when Stockal resolves all these site issues/limitations and legal unclarities, and then they come back to MSG to promote the "new Stockal, their reputation will have already have been tarnished.

« Reply #281 on: October 25, 2014, 01:41 »
+1
How much money have you earned at stocktal so far? Someone has already a short review?
Upload only 20 images than stopped. 0 sales.

Nothing So far.
Photos: 354
Viewed: 3112
Downloads: 0

I opened a support ticket on 29 September, asking them when is their official launch date. There is no answer yet. It may not be completely dead yet.

The worrying part is, all communication channels are closed. Jack was here for sometime to interact with us and now he is also gone from here.

The fact is, some agencies work in this mode as well. If they sell my work, I do not care about their attitude. Just bring the sale, rest everything is meta data.

« Reply #282 on: October 26, 2014, 08:03 »
+3
There is something strange and not proper about this stocktal site. I have up-loaded about 100 images and think I will stop uploading for now.  I have sent them two request about what is their physical address in the world. They will not  respond to me where or what address they are located. Something smells to me about this site. Red flags are up when a site will not tell you where they are located. As far as I know they may be located in China or Iran..Their category selection on their site is clearly not made by an english speaking person...Just saying they need to be more transparent as a new site . ...............

« Reply #283 on: October 26, 2014, 09:23 »
+3
There is something strange and not proper about this stocktal site................
Oh! You think? ::)

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #284 on: October 26, 2014, 09:26 »
+2
There is something strange and not proper about this stocktal site. I have up-loaded about 100 images and think I will stop uploading for now.
Good decision.
Did you read through this thread before you uploaded there?

BTW, have they stopped advertising here or is AdBlock now blocking them successfully?

« Reply #285 on: October 26, 2014, 17:22 »
+6
Just deleted my images at Stocktal.  May be premature but I feel warm and fuzzy about doing so.

« Reply #286 on: October 30, 2014, 10:15 »
+1
... I upload some file to stokcktal but ... some of them failed to be uploaded because they are too big.
I do not know what to say

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #287 on: October 30, 2014, 10:29 »
+1
"Abandon all Hope, ye who enter here"

Lightrecorder

« Reply #288 on: October 30, 2014, 10:30 »
+2
... I upload some file to stokcktal but ... some of them failed to be uploaded because they are too big.
so you are submitting?

I dont know what to say,.

« Reply #289 on: October 30, 2014, 22:49 »
so you are submitting?

I dont know what to say,.

I have upload my file to many sites. the number is more than 20.
So I will kill some later which I think is not good.

« Reply #290 on: November 17, 2014, 09:04 »
+3
Got approved 10/1.  First 10 images reviewed on 10/3.  Uploaded 2nd set of 10 images on 10/20.  Never reviewed.  Sent support ticket on 10/31 asking about review times.  No response.  Sent another support ticket on 11/11.  No response.  2nd set of images of 10/20 still not reviewed.  Deleted all images and closed account.  WASTE. OF. TIME.

Beppe Grillo

« Reply #291 on: November 17, 2014, 10:48 »
+1
I wrote then some day ago to ask what was the point with them
No answer.
I will wait another week and if I will not get an answer I delete all my files and "Do Svidanya" !

« Reply #292 on: November 20, 2014, 17:32 »
+13
Oh my, this has been a fantastic discussion to follow. The absolute lack of professionalism from Jack, who left the most important questions unanswered, even mocked contributors for bringing up valid errors on their site, made lame jokes about conquering the world, accused earnest contributors of not being the copyright holder to their images and then left (!) because his boss/co-founder told him so. Worst spokesperson for a stock site EVER.

Their legal department hasn't got a single clue about licensing or VAT, as ShadySue so smartly pointed out, and their whole site reeks of amateurism. Fooling around with odd categories, having to rewrite your titles/descriptions for the sake of SEO, uploading limits, the list goes on and on...

Then there's a group of nitwit fans who are willing to upload anything to StockTal, simply because they're offering 78%. They deliberately neglect everything that's wrong with StockTal, and if you have any doubt about their trustworthiness or (lack of) business plan, they'll flame you for not supporting newcomers. Ridiculous. 

« Reply #293 on: November 20, 2014, 17:59 »
+1
Oh my,..
agree

By the way, you have santa claus images with beer? It`s a german santa?  ;D
Nice designs  :D

« Reply #294 on: November 20, 2014, 20:43 »
+3
I sent them two emails to find out where they were located on this planet earth. Never a response back. All I will say is beware of a site that dose not list physical address or respond with address. Maybe this is a prison work program somewhere in the world ??????

« Reply #295 on: December 15, 2014, 03:22 »
+2
 ::) "The biggest thing to happen to microstock has just happened. Lets change it to the way it should be"  ;D

« Reply #296 on: April 11, 2015, 03:04 »
+2
This seems to be over. Site no longer opens.  Diappointed the way it turned out to be. I am ready to buy any claims of new sites who may show the signs of revival of our sale patterns.  :( :(

« Reply #297 on: April 11, 2015, 03:51 »
+2
Many new agencies showed up last year and many of them died before opening or very fast after. Why? Are they only dreamers, or get subsidy (free money for new business from government), or didn't prepare proper analysis, business plan, or ...?

And please don't tell me it's photographers fault, that we didn't support newcomer who can't tell us a word about their plan. It's obvious we won't upload whole batches of work to questionable newcomer. Many of the agencies don't even read IPTC, have no FTP, bulk edition system, fast website, etc, etc...

Stocktal, Stockboo, Pixyloo, Ez Medi Art, Ultimatstock, Fox Image, etc...

« Reply #298 on: April 17, 2015, 07:12 »
NO CLASS, acting like thugs!  They should come here and apologise and tell us gee we tried and we will delete any of your images! Not this run out of town crap taking everyone's images!!!

I can't remember if I uploaded any and of course  can't find out... STOCKTAL YOU DONOT HAVE PERMISSION TO TRANSFER MY ART.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #299 on: April 17, 2015, 07:21 »
+1
I am not bullish on start ups. And Stockai is a PERFECT example as to why.