MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Shutterstock  (Read 3296 times)

Lauralight

• Digital Illustrator Since 2005 -Laura Nybeck
« on: August 31, 2014, 16:05 »
I am unable to get payments from shutterstock.com, is this a problem for any one else?

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 17:13 »
why? How much is your balance? They pay automatically each month as long as you have your payment details set up.

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 17:15 »
+1
Can you describe your situation?  Where in the world are you?  How are you set up to be paid?  Did your balance exceed their minimum?

SS pays automatically every month that you exceed their minimum payment threshold, or whatever minimum you set above that.  I get paid via PayPal, which has arrived promptly every month for years, generally within a week of a month end.

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 17:31 »
laura, once u reached payout, u get paid within 15 days of the following month.
u also get an email letting u know u will be paid... within 15 days.
the only problem i can guess would be u have not submitted to SS the Tax form.
whether u r with a country requiring with-holding tax or not, u still have to give SS that form before u get paid.

Lauralight

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 13:10 »
I have over $110 in the account(set up to pay out at 75(unless that number is ignored?), and it is set up correctly. I waited 6 weeks for the next payout time and it never went in so I faxed them a physical request for payment with signature about 10 days ago.

I figure I'll quit contributing and if it gets to a higher amount I'll have an attorney threaten them or something if it EVER gets to a remotely reasonable amount. *But I will send letters into the IRS if they keep sending me Tax papers and not paying me!

Shelma1

• stockcoalition.org
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 13:23 »
+1
They're one of the most reliable and reasonable payers, so there must be something amiss with your tax form or something. Shoot them an email. I had a glitch where they didn't get my tax form and I had to send it a couple of times. After that i got paid like clockwork. Don't worry...they'll pay you.

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 13:30 »
+2
I have over $110 in the account(set up to pay out at 75(unless that number is ignored?), and it is set up correctly. I waited 6 weeks for the next payout time and it never went in so I faxed them a physical request for payment with signature about 10 days ago.

I figure I'll quit contributing and if it gets to a higher amount I'll have an attorney threaten them or something if it EVER gets to a remotely reasonable amount. *But I will send letters into the IRS if they keep sending me Tax papers and not paying me!

SS have lately done a lot of questionable things (100% rejection inconsistency, flipping of switch,etc..) 
but here, with regards to being paid, I am equivocally 100% for SS.

SS always pays you when you reach the payout
. I have not heard about anyone not being paid by SS.  This much I can say.

Dook

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 14:15 »
All agencies pay.

dpimborough

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 14:17 »
Received my payment today via Paypal.

How are you requesting payments?

Tror

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 14:49 »
.... if they keep sending me Tax papers and not paying me!

....and here is the problem! SS is a US company and legally obliged to get the necessary tax information from you.
Fill out the Tax form and I am almost sure that you will get paid afterwards.

Or simply: contact support ;-)

Valo

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 14:58 »
+3

Yes, the best way to go about this is to let it escalate and get lawyers involved and announcing it on a public forum instead of sending an email to [email protected].

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 17:14 »
+2
SS is always reliable. Got paid yesterday. They've never been late. An attorney will cost you more than what they owe you and seems really over the top - just send support an email or pick up the phone and call them - legally, they can't pay you without a W-9 so be sure you've filled that out and sent them proof of who you are. If you have met those requirements, contact support via email or phone before jumping to conclusions and running to a lawyer.

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2014, 17:18 »
+3

That should cost much more than the $ 110 that you have on your Shutterstock account. And more than the time that you need to fill out a tax form  ;D
Shutterstock pays quickly and reliably! Always!

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2014, 18:22 »
do you already tried send them an email?

Lauralight

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2014, 12:50 »
The tax papers have been done more than once to keep them current. And now I cannot even contact them by email to get questions answered as the email to cs bounces????

Lauralight

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 12:51 »
If they won't contact me, or explain even by phone when i call and just take my number and won't call me back, I'm done submitting work to their site.

Shelma1

• stockcoalition.org
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 12:52 »
+1
Did you email [email protected]?

Uncle Pete

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 09:46 »
+2
Really? Or did you leave out the word NOT by accident? Lawyers and announce on a public form, instead of private contact? Seems excessive and over the top.

Yes I get my payments on time, I get a notice and it gets dropped into my PayPal when I reach $100. I like the nice round number.

Lauralight do you have PayPal and have you gotten the notices? Have you received SS payments before? Sometimes there are account name issues (wrong email address or wrong paypal address) and then it's bounced back to SS and becomes a mess.

Lauralight - Don't forget to come back when you get this resolved and tell us what the problem was. It could help someone else in the future.

Yes, the best way to go about this is to let it escalate and get lawyers involved and announcing it on a public forum instead of sending an email to [email protected].