MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Facebook User's Business Page  (Read 3560 times)

« on: September 13, 2014, 13:39 »
Found one of my most popular stock images being used as a cover image for a Real Estate Agent's business facebook page.

I was under the impression that because of Facebook's terms of use (which grants Facebook the right to use imgage) stock photos could not be used on Facebook.  Does anyone know if any of the agencies allow this kind of use?

I sent the real estate agent a polite note asking where they licensed the photo from but haven't heard back yet. 

Thanks.

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 16:08 »
Dreamstime has a website dedicated to timeline image sales http://www.timelineimages.com

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 17:07 »
+1
No one is going to stop someone who has purchased a license from using it on social media as long as it doesn't violate one of the usual terms.

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 17:43 »
they paid for it, so just be happy u got a dl .

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 17:46 »
they paid for it, so just be happy u got a dl .
Hopefully: we don't even know that for sure, though it's perfectly likely.

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 23:12 »
Heard back from the user -- he licensed it through iStock.  I'm not crazy about them using it on Facebook.  I think it's probably not quite kosher to do that.   As someone said, I'm happy to know that they at least paid to use it given how many times I've had photos stolen.  Guess I won't make anything of it.

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 12:42 »
Heard back from the user -- he licensed it through iStock.  I'm not crazy about them using it on Facebook.  I think it's probably not quite kosher to do that.   As someone said, I'm happy to know that they at least paid to use it given how many times I've had photos stolen.  Guess I won't make anything of it.

Why can't he license and use it?

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 16:31 »
Facebook terms of use say that you grant them rights to use any photograph you post in their advertising or, really, however they want.  If you license the image you don't have the right to grant usage rights to a third party.  So, theoretically, someone can't license the image from a microstock agency and use it on Facebook.  At least that's how I understand it.

When I post my own work on Facebook I watermark it thoughoughly and make it very low resolution because I can't keep Facebook or other Facebook users from using it or distributing it.