MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: "picture-perfect foodstagrams"  (Read 3176 times)

Uncle Pete

« on: September 15, 2014, 12:22 »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/31/food-instagram_n_5736548.html?cps=gravity

That's their description, not mine, but I wondered what the food shooters here think of these?

First thing I wanted to ask, was so many are straight down shots. Is that what's "trending" now.  :) Or only for Instagrams.

And second, since I haven't used it that much, (not a phone camera fan) is there a setting for "Do Nothing"? I only see ways to alter the image and somehow ruin it or change them into some aberration.

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 22:25 »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/31/food-instagram_n_5736548.html?cps=gravity

That's their description, not mine, but I wondered what the food shooters here think of these?

First thing I wanted to ask, was so many are straight down shots. Is that what's "trending" now.  :) Or only for Instagrams.

And second, since I haven't used it that much, (not a phone camera fan) is there a setting for "Do Nothing"? I only see ways to alter the image and somehow ruin it or change them into some aberration.

Yes, straight down shots are popular - take a look at Saveur, Food Network Magazine, Martha Stewart Magazine, etc. and you will see it used a lot.  Seen on blogs and Pinterest too.

I haven't used my phone camera much either but I believe there is a "do nothing" option. 

The examples shown were certainly not what I would have chosen as examples of great images you can find on Instagram.

ruxpriencdiam

This user is banned.
  • Location. Third stone from the sun
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 23:33 »
Cha ching it is the in thing!

Yes, straight down shots are popular - take a look at Saveur, Food Network Magazine, Martha Stewart Magazine, etc. and you will see it used a lot.  Seen on blogs and Pinterest too.

I haven't used my phone camera much either but I believe there is a "do nothing" option. 

The examples shown were certainly not what I would have chosen as examples of great images you can find on Instagram.

Uncle Pete

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 14:08 »
+1
Thanks both, I suppose I should go find a magazine rack and investigate what's "trending". Just seemed that many were the same, straight down overhead shot. I don't think much that I eat would make a photo. Lets see, chicken wings at a bar or re-heated fried rice?  ;)

Does this yummy grilled pepperoni pizza with 1/4 pepper jack and 1/4 blue cheese, sprinkled with Oregano and Romano do anything for you?  ::)

Pizza on a grill, really nice and crisp and earthy. I don't think it's going to catch on, but I like it.