pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Curious...Are sales coming back a bit?  (Read 20607 times)

Phadrea

This user is banned.
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2014, 03:16 »
SS is now abysmal for sales. Why it is the top rated here I do not know. IS earning me much more now.

trust that I have complained my fair share But, Bottom Line they are selling more than any other site and a Lot of folks are making very good money. Is it about the work? and commercial Value? Could be......Just saying.

Well I have been getting steady increased sales for some time and then suddenly (like a lot of others) a drop. that is nothing to do with the work. It's something more serious like Google.

Love your abstract painting BTW. Stunning colours.  :D

Lightrecorder

« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2014, 04:03 »
+4
SS is now abysmal for sales. Why it is the top rated here I do not know. IS earning me much more now.

trust that I have complained my fair share But, Bottom Line they are selling more than any other site and a Lot of folks are making very good money. Is it about the work? and commercial Value? Could be......Just saying.
The change of your tune is remarkable. You were always saying you were more concerned about others, now you do well again, and you change your tune about SS?

« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2014, 10:29 »
+2
The first half of the month was very good, but starting with the 15th of this month, I have a huge drop in sales and referral income. Not sure why  :(

Rinderart

« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2014, 11:48 »
+1

The change of your tune is remarkable. You were always saying you were more concerned about others, now you do well again, and you change your tune about SS?

Not that well my friend. trying to be positive. negative is screwing with my head and work. although yesterday was almost a BDE. we either Do or Die. Been around Micro 10 years and it bothers me more that all the work is going to waste. Im selling...Just not new work for Micro.. Luckily, I've never been one to put all eggs into one basket.

« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2014, 17:35 »
+1
October started out great for me at SS, then after the first week or so my earnings took a nosedive. Over the past couple of weeks sales have been significantly lower than normal. Very disheartening considering that October is usually my best month of the year otherwise. I think they must have changed the search algorithm.

« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2014, 18:04 »
+1
October started out great for me at SS, then after the first week or so my earnings took a nosedive. Over the past couple of weeks sales have been significantly lower than normal. Very disheartening considering that October is usually my best month of the year otherwise. I think they must have changed the search algorithm.

I must be on the opposite selling schedule - my first week was awful and it has been quite good since then other than the usual weekends and 2 other days.

Phadrea

This user is banned.
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2014, 01:07 »
+2
Same for me. October started well and after the 10th on nearly all sites I have work (audio and images) sales drastically reduced. I absolutely hate Google because it has done this so many times and I am sure they enjoy ruining small business incomes.

« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2014, 05:25 »
+4
my sales completely disappeared this week.

Lightrecorder

« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2014, 09:35 »
Whatever the powers-that-be say (Scott?), but SS definitely throws the switch every now and then. There is no one that will convince me they dont, not even the 16 pager where Scott tries to confuse everyone with a lot of empty words. The difference in ODDs and SODs from one day to the next, is just telling.

Exactly on the 15th this month the switch was flipped and my ODDs and SODs basically dried up. Compared to the first half of the month where I had them almost daily.

Looking at the replies here, it is just true. I was going great and now I am not, and others werent, and now they are, and it all happened around the same time.

« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2014, 23:51 »
+3
I'm seeing consistency this month... none of the flipping of a switch stuff that others are mentioning.  I don't believe SS made any changes this month.  I would see it in my data, and it's just not there.

I wonder if it depends on your volume?  I'm guessing the more you sell the less likely you see wild fluctuations.   

One cause for someone seeing crazy ups and downs... sometimes a single buyer will buy several of your images at once.  You might have multiple multi-buyers one day and none the next, and that might feel like someone "flipped a switch," but in reality it's just normal for SS.

Lightrecorder

« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2014, 02:01 »
+6
Dont you think I would know my own patterns by now??

« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2014, 08:03 »
+3
Whether there's a switch or not, SS used to be 'more or less' predictably consistent, at least within a tighter upper and lower limit. My experience is like Lightrecorder's. Giant swings. What do I mean by giant? Of course that varies for each of us and "giant" is also defined differently by most of us to be fair.  But lets use some close but fictitious data (so I don't violate SS policy). One month I make $1000. The next month I make $600. That is "giant" for me anyway. But it definitely seems to be the new norm for my port in the last 12 months or so. Other mileage like Stockmarketer may, of course, vary. Could very well be my port, who knows. But one thing is for sure. WE as contributors will never know. We just have to learn to live with it.

« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2014, 08:09 »

same here about 80% of my sales this month came in the first week or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2014, 08:22 »
+1
I wonder if ss spends different amounts on advertising and google search etc throughout the month and maybe on different subject areas resulting in getting customers for different things which then affects different peoples portfolios.

Lightrecorder

« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2014, 08:28 »
How does one go from BME followed by a month making the same as  the month 12 months ago, yet over a thousand more images? Flipping switches I tells ya !

Lightrecorder

« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2014, 09:15 »
Please enlighten me why you disagree  ;D

I am 38% down from last month. Did SS change into IS?

Photominer

« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2014, 09:25 »
+1
I hit my average monthly total too early in the month, now my sales have decreased by more than half this week and are still falling. I expect to end up well within my usual monthly sales total (+- 10%), as is usual for this year.

« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2014, 09:31 »
So far +65% from last month. 550 images in my portfolio... Small.

« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2014, 10:51 »
+2

I did not minus you, but I don't think anyone disagrees with your stats.  The switch flipping idea seems far fetched tho.  I get the swings too, but they seem random to me.  I doubt there is a plot against us.

« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2014, 12:06 »
+2

I did not minus you, but I don't think anyone disagrees with your stats.  The switch flipping idea seems far fetched tho.  I get the swings too, but they seem random to me.  I doubt there is a plot against us.

Well, dreamstime uses a "switch". Serban has said publically that it's the only "fair" way to give everyone good placement. Obviously it's not a switch, but something in the algorthym that moves you up and down the rank on a period basis.

Lightrecorder

« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2014, 12:12 »
Mantis understand it.

I am also not implying there is a plot against us. Words mouth etc.

Rinderart

« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2014, 23:48 »
So far +65% from last month. 550 images in my portfolio... Small.

Can we have a link to your work.

« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2014, 02:18 »
Sent you the link.
Didn't post it here cause I thing people have seen enough "x on white" photos.  😊

« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2014, 06:01 »
+2
Is last week pretty horrible to everyone or just me?

I mean, in the graph which shows overall earnings, there's a small drop, but in the "earnings from new content", it fell to like 20% of it's normal value.

Dook

« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2014, 06:05 »
+1
Is last week pretty horrible to everyone or just me?

I mean, in the graph which shows overall earnings, there's a small drop, but in the "earnings from new content", it fell to like 20% of it's normal value.
Yes, new content selling less, but overall earnings are the same for me. Must be some sort of Best match switch again.