MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Beautiful Keyword  (Read 5764 times)

« on: September 20, 2014, 11:09 »
Guess what - the uploading system in SS and FT doesn't accept "beautiful" anymore.

While people were probably overusing it, what if you really have a beautiful woman, or landscape?

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 11:31 »
+4
As the saying goes, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Very true, as we all know. So, using beautiful as a keyword is really meaningless, and can lead the person searching for an image with too many irrelevant choices. That, in turn, is not good for contributors. Can't sell an image if it's not found.
Personally, I have never used it as a keyword for that reason.

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 11:44 »
I would agree if the keyword was completely eliminated, but old images still have them. These will never suffer any more competition. That's quite unfair, I won't be heavily affected but those who shoot beautiful women often will have a hard time against old files.

It's like the word "background" it's completely useless, but some buyers use it.

cuppacoffee

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 11:58 »
Everyone (well, not everyone but many without a good command of the english language) adds the word beautiful to their images of landscapes, pets, babies, women, food, abstract backgrounds, web templates - you name it. This is a fact (I'm a keymaster) so the word is meaningless. I doubt if many search for beautiful woman when woman will give you the same results. Ugly woman is another story.

Beppe Grillo

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 12:02 »
[] These will never suffer any more competition. That's quite unfair, I won't be heavily affected but those who shoot beautiful women often will have a hard time against old files.

Can you give an objective definition of "beautiful women"?

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 12:03 »
I'd be surprised if people used it as a search term. I was once told that its main purpose is to make the models feel good when they see it.

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 12:53 »
I'd be surprised if people used it as a search term. I was once told that its main purpose is to make the models feel good when they see it.

Well some do, specially occasional OD buyers.
Why they didn't take "beautiful" away from all images is beyond my comprehension.

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 16:32 »
+3
Interesting to read they removed "Beautiful". We once analysed great, good and bad keywords and came to the conclusion that "Beauty" was a very bad keyword and not to be used.

We presented our results at the Microstock Expo 2013 and wrote a blog post about it. You might find it helpful to see  what other keywords were on that great, good and bad lists:

https://www.stockperformer.com/blog/keywording-for-success/

dpimborough

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 16:55 »
Yup and they should ban

Organic
Yummy
Delicious
Gourmet

All over used and have come to mean nothing  ;D

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 19:53 »
+1
Yup and they should ban

Organic
Yummy
Delicious
Gourmet

But I use all of those to keyword my women shots ;)

dpimborough

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 04:01 »
Yup and they should ban

Organic
Yummy
Delicious
Gourmet

But I use all of those to keyword my women shots ;)

You don't like your ladies to be organic then?  ;D

Valo

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 11:23 »
I find it remarkable that very experienced stock shooters on Shutterstock are still advising newcomers to add Background as a keyword and say that Background is one of the most important keywords to add.

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 02:06 »
 the best way to check is to ask someone who is buyer on microstock sites. - q: did you ever use term "beautiful" in search, and what was occasion?
 i am sure that files with word beautiful are not in any favor against files without that term.
 from the other way, - rare of us DO use term "ugly" - so if you want no-ugly woman for example - just type: woman, NO ugly :) -o.k. no-ugly still is not beautiful, i guess :) :) - but is something.

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 17:34 »
Here is a definition of "beautiful", from over 25 countries - Woman sent a photo of herself to 40 photographers with one Photoshop request: "Make me beautiful".  The variation is fascinating... and shows why it's a useless keyword http://www.estherhonig.com/#!before--after-/cvkn

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2014, 17:38 »
beauty should only be used while styling or dressing.. some agency told me.  hm ok