pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: First Week of New iStock - How are you doing?  (Read 32353 times)

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2014, 08:59 »
+1
Is there a set date for the pp payout? Kind of annoying that it turned up so close to the big change over.
No set date. Should be 'by the end of the following month'.
Most people (involved in the PP) who commented, seemed happy that the payout was early this month.

« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2014, 20:09 »
+2
I sold a photo under the new system (Xlarge) and out of roughly $16 I got $1. How about I get $15 and you take the $1?

They've topped and tailed the collection and made the whole collection very expensive. Maybe the secret plan is to target corporates and sent the cheapo's to use PP sites.

ShadySue

« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2014, 20:43 »
I sold a photo under the new system (Xlarge) and out of roughly $16 I got $1. How about I get $15 and you take the $1?
Sorry, what kind of sale was this?
How do you know the buyer paid $16?

« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2014, 22:41 »
Sorry, what kind of sale was this?
How do you know the buyer paid $16?
photo, only 1 sale. regular sale. the price for new credits is between $15 - $16. It might be with old credits. Who knows?

« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2014, 23:13 »
Old credits most likely, however, if someone buys a lot of credits the per credit price can be as low as $8

My Very Best :)
KimsCreativeHub.com

ShadySue

« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2014, 08:46 »
Kim's right. We can expect old credits to be flying around for a while left.
You can easily work out what the buyer paid as you know your own percentage.

Bear in mind also the "Need larger credit packs? Contact us." from the Plans and Pricing page (Click 'View all credit packs') whereby huge buyers get much bigger discounts.

KB

« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2014, 10:53 »
the price for new credits is between $15 - $16. It might be with old credits. Who knows?
The price for new credits is $8 - $15, and the $15 is only when you buy a single credit. If you buy 3 credits the per credit price already drops to $12. I wouldn't expect to get many (or any!) $15 credit sales.

But most of the sales I've been having have been with credits that were well below $8, so still mostly old credits being used up.

« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2014, 06:16 »
+2
We can expect old credits to be flying around for a while left

In my case I think those old credits are gone- First weekday in many years without a single download.

« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2014, 10:19 »
+4
10,000 images and it's D-E-A-D.

« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2014, 12:22 »
My IS sales have doubled, and RPD have gone up too. All my files are from this year and most of them are small size. I'll have to wait for the PP to see if the change was really positive or not. Last month's PP was weak so let's see.

fritz

• I love Tom and Jerry music

« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2014, 18:42 »
+1
Bit better, but far from Istock what used to be!
To be honest for me IS is doing much better than all sites(together) except SS. I see no bright future there but....

« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2014, 22:36 »
+1
the price for new credits is between $15 - $16. It might be with old credits. Who knows?
The price for new credits is $8 - $15, and the $15 is only when you buy a single credit. If you buy 3 credits the per credit price already drops to $12. I wouldn't expect to get many (or any!) $15 credit sales.

But most of the sales I've been having have been with credits that were well below $8, so still mostly old credits being used up.
In Aussie land 3 credits is $44.75 each credit being $14.92 AUD. Oi, oi, oi!

KB

« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2014, 23:00 »

In Aussie land 3 credits is $44.75 each credit being $14.92 AUD. Oi, oi, oi!
Everything is more expensive down under.  ;)

Sorry, I assumed we were talking USDs, obviously.

JKB

« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2014, 04:40 »
+2
So far the changes seem to be working for my exclusive photo PF. Max RPD has gone down drastically for some images, as expected, but I'm fine with that because I'm pretty sure that the high price - and the ease with which all those very expensive files could be filtered out with the price slider - was a major factor in the decline I've seen.

But while max RPD has gone down, minimum RPD has gone up. And suddenly I have multiple daily downloads of certain images again, which hasn't happened for a long time. I'm much happier with the reassurance of a greater number of downloads at a price point I feel is competitive and fair, vs a smaller number of downloads at a price point I've often felt uncomfortable with. And I'm talking about my own low production value images here.

Equally encouraging is that some newer images thought lost for good now have been found and downloaded. But most importantly perhaps, since iStock is my main source of income and also a place I've invested a lot of work and dedication in, after months of decline and despair, I'm cautiously optimistic again.

« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2014, 05:46 »
+1
So far the changes seem to be working for my exclusive photo PF. Max RPD has gone down drastically for some images, as expected, but I'm fine with that because I'm pretty sure that the high price - and the ease with which all those very expensive files could be filtered out with the price slider - was a major factor in the decline I've seen.

But while max RPD has gone down, minimum RPD has gone up. And suddenly I have multiple daily downloads of certain images again, which hasn't happened for a long time. I'm much happier with the reassurance of a greater number of downloads at a price point I feel is competitive and fair, vs a smaller number of downloads at a price point I've often felt uncomfortable with. And I'm talking about my own low production value images here.

Equally encouraging is that some newer images thought lost for good now have been found and downloaded. But most importantly perhaps, since iStock is my main source of income and also a place I've invested a lot of work and dedication in, after months of decline and despair, I'm cautiously optimistic again.
Interesting to see a positive report on sales since the changes. My own experience is anything but positive. This week in particular is absolutely dire. One day's expected "take" so far.
Would it be too nosy to ask what percentage rate you are on there?

JKB

« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2014, 08:31 »
Interesting to see a positive report on sales since the changes. My own experience is anything but positive. This week in particular is absolutely dire. One day's expected "take" so far.

Sorry to hear that, my week has so far been very strong, with yesterday reminding me of happier times. Anyway, I'm at a middling exclusive percentage rate, with a small to medium-sized PF. Not that precise perhaps but will hopefully give you an idea.

« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2014, 08:41 »
+1

That's private.

he's not paying taxes  ;D ;D

« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2014, 11:26 »
+2

Sorry to hear that, my week has so far been very strong, with yesterday reminding me of happier times. Anyway, I'm at a middling exclusive percentage rate, with a small to medium-sized PF. Not that precise perhaps but will hopefully give you an idea.
Thanks. Good to hear someone is doing OK there.

« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2014, 12:37 »
+2

That's private.

he's not paying taxes  ;D ;D

Taxes, what's that? ;)

So far, sales seem to have increased, and the RPD is roughly the same as before (I had a good balance of 1-credit, 5-credit and 12-credit files, so the lower RPD for 12-credit files is compensated by the higher RPD for 1-credit files). Nothing spectacular, though, but at least I'm not losing out.

« Reply #119 on: October 02, 2014, 14:04 »
Downloads look to me like they are coming back.  Since the change I'm getting about what I got last year. If that keeps up then income will probably be close to last year as well.  I like that S+ files are easier to get too.

stock-will-eat-itself

« Reply #120 on: October 02, 2014, 15:22 »
Downloads look to me like they are coming back.  Since the change I'm getting about what I got last year. If that keeps up then income will probably be close to last year as well.  I like that S+ files are easier to get too.

I hope they do get the download numbers back up, if the numbers stack up I'd return as an exclusive, their subs royalties would be much better than SS if they ever get the volume.
I've given up hope of SS attempting mid stock pricing.

DC

« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2014, 16:14 »
How does this change affect RCs?

Before the change I was averaging about 4.3 redeemed credits per download and was on pace to reach the next level.  Now that each indie file only costs 1 credit does that mean that I would need to quadruple my sales just to continue at the same pace as before?

ShadySue

« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2014, 16:20 »

Before the change I was averaging about 4.3 redeemed credits per download and was on pace to reach the next level.  Now that each indie file only costs 1 credit does that mean that I would need to quadruple my sales just to continue at the same pace as before?
No, we will all keep our percentage next year, except those few who manage to reach their next target, who will go up.

« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2014, 16:23 »
+1

You average 5 redeemed credits now.

« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2014, 02:06 »
+2
It seems that credit downloads has stayed pretty much the same and earnings are -33%. I make about few hundreds a month with some lousy illustrations.

This story was told you by the non-exclusive vector artist.