pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: DT now no longer showing your revenue automatically  (Read 5361 times)

« on: September 22, 2014, 21:52 »
+7
This has been happening to me off and on all day today.  That area at the right of the top of the main page I now have to click on a little arrow next to my name to see my stats?  What's the point with that aside from to be annoying.

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 22:01 »
+4
I haven't seen those numbers at all today - I was clicking My Account and then My Earnings, but now you point it out, I can see the old information if I click on that blob by my name.

DT is largely a lost cause, IMO - this morning I got a "September Stock Photo Trends" e-mail that was mostly broken image links. Two out of ten were visible. Trending searches - the first was adorable doormouse. Really?

I digress, but only slightly. I guess I wondered why they were messing with the contributor interface instead of doing something more useful.

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 22:07 »
+2
I digress, but only slightly. I guess I wondered why they were messing with the contributor interface instead of doing something more useful.

Exactly like bringing the contributors more sales for one.

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 23:28 »
+4
I notice the same.  Took me a long while of messing about to find where my total was.  And then it was a disappointment. 

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 01:29 »
If I just reload the main page once or twice, my earnings magically appear - what's left of them, that is...

Beppe Grillo

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 02:52 »
+7
This has been happening to me off and on all day today.  That area at the right of the top of the main page I now have to click on a little arrow next to my name to see my stats?  What's the point with that aside from to be annoying.

It is because they don't want that you see they sell nothing

cuppacoffee

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 06:27 »
+6
They acknowledged that it was a glitch. They renamed Management to Your Account and it takes time to update on everyone's page and to go back to the auto showing of sales without having to click an additional icon. Why do sites make "improvements" but not announce the changes to contributors until they are asked about them? I wish they would focus on more important things than changing the name of a link that has been there since day 1. Sometimes I think they have nothing for their IT people to do other than tinker with what's working.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 06:37 by cuppacoffee »

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 07:12 »
+1
Nothing changed in my case. Have my stats there without any clicks as usual.

Beppe Grillo

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 07:15 »
[] Why do sites make "improvements" but not announce the changes to contributors until they are asked about them?[]

Because the contributors are no more than milking cows

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 07:25 »
+3
Just another annoying mouse click to see your stats. However, I am looking less and less at my DT stats due to the lack of sales. It's merely a matter of time until we either see a pay cut via some scheme they say will be made up in volume, or they close shop. My sales are 70% down in Sept. I would have to have a MONSTER last week of the month to even come close to my average.  The thing is I like DT. They tier images (including subs) so the more you sell a particular image the more it makes you.  I bet that all goes away in some form. I hope not for everyone's sake and I sincerely hope that this isn't the effect of DPC.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 13:44 by Mantis »

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 10:59 »
+3
I'd order an adorable dormouse to shoot, but I don't really know what it is.  I have a cute doormat - is that just as good?

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 14:12 »
+1
It keeps going and coming back again. Given the changes in dollars earned in between times add up to a "dormouse" turd I can't say I'm that bothered.

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 19:43 »
It seems to have stopped doing that today. Frustrated haven't had a sale there since 9/16. They need to quit fiddling with sheet that's for sure.

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 17:55 »
+2
Trending searches - the first was adorable doormouse. Really?

Speaking of adorable doormouse just had a download of one of my images and that was the keyword that was present o_O. I know buyers use a keyword then hunt around the site but I thought that was hilarious.

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 20:52 »
+1
I agree, the IT guys are always coming up with useless improvements like "search by camera model" like the customer cares what camera was used.

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2014, 16:20 »
next to your username there is a really small arrow. Click on it and your earnings balance etc etc will appear again

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 03:51 »
Without the earnings bar...the site's bounce rate improves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk