pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Pixendr - the app to sell everywhere  (Read 4360 times)

« on: October 17, 2014, 06:00 »
Hey guys and girls,

We are a team of fresh developers building a new app for you. As you already notice, big agencies have already their own app but there is no app to submit the same picture to all major agencies simultaneously. That's why we are creating now Pixendr, an app that will allow you to select pictures from your device or iCloud, assign a title, description and keywords and submit it in your account to agencies where you are already selling. Our question is, what features would you like to have in the app? What do you need to sell pictures directly? Any ideas, crazy or not, just throw them here!

stocked

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 06:27 »
Is this really a market? Yes I know EyeEm, Stockimo, Fotolia-app, Getty-app etc. But I think it's a hype the images I submitted through these apps did sell very bad if at all. People I know which like to use their phone for photographing and showed them these apps lost pretty fast interest probably because you need thousands of images in these days market to make any reasonable money. If price of images remain so low it won't attract the occasional Facebook-/Instagram-snapper. A phone is just not effective enough to produce, develop and keywording images in the quantity you need to make any money.

Tror

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 07:47 »
Although there is already some competition, I would highly appreciate a app for Mac OS X, W, Linux for sending out images from a cloud. In fact, I already thought about paying some Developers myself for that. But...

I do not care the slightest bit about another mobile app for smartphones/tablet devices. We need professional software. I do not think a mobile APP will bring you economic success.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 09:03 »
+1
Some agencies do not have batch editing i.e. dreams time. Some requires crazy amount of categorisation i.e. fotolia. If you could somehow bypass that it'll be great.

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 11:21 »
4K video capability for distribution of 1 gig sized files would be very helpful. 

stocked

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 11:26 »
okay maybe I got it wrong that are you really planing to develop? An app or a 'real' software? What you want to submit photos from a phone or a camera? Everything that would make our lives easier is of course always welcome!

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 04:56 »
It will be an app for iPhone/iPad. In the first release you will be able to submit pictures from device itself but we will quickly add the option to submit pictures from Dropbox & iCloud. The most painful step (adding keywords) will become a pleasure with keyword suggestion tool. Once you set-up your account at agencies, uploading to all of them will be a single tap on the screen. Unfortunately, agencies don't want to provide access to their internal submission process, therefore you will still have to login there to finish submission. Of course, this will be our priority to finalize process in app.

Tror

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 05:14 »
+3
It will be an app for iPhone/iPad.

Not interested.