MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Going to mirror less  (Read 12248 times)

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2014, 19:54 »
+1
I started the move toward Mirrorless with the OM-D E-M5 2 years ago. I wrote a post after 4 months using it for almost every kind of shoots. You can read it here: http://www.mirrorlessjourney.com/blog/2014/9/four-months-with-the-om-d

Last year, I bought a Panasonic GX7 and I love this camera so much. It just feels right in my hands. The Micro 4/3 lenses are awesome. My first year with the GX7: http://www.mirrorlessjourney.com/blog/2014/9/panasonic-lumix-dmc-gx7

Someone mentioned adapted lenses: I bought a focal reducer not long ago and I'm using it with the 35mm f/1.4 I still had from my full frame and the results are great. http://www.mirrorlessjourney.com/blog/2014/9/focal-reducer

Last July, I finished my transition. I sold the last 5D Mark II I had and all the rest of my lenses (besides the 35 f/1.4) and I have no regret at all. I now shoot with a GX7 and a GH4 (which is awesome in video) and I will soon buy a Panasonic LX100 as a walk about camera.

That said, Olympus, Panasonic, Fuji and Sony all make great and innovative cameras at the moment. Nikon and Canon are boring and lagging behind in the R&D.

Hobostocker

This user is banned.
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2014, 20:30 »
+1
Nikon and Canon are boring and lagging behind in the R&D.

of course because if they make a killer mirrorless camera it would cannibalize the sales of their DSLR line.

all they can do is sell and overpriced and underpowered mirrorless camera and that's exactly what they're doing now and i'm sure they know very well it won't go far but it's their choice and things can change overnight if and when the demand for pro mirrorless will start to grow.

i think we'll have to wait 2-3 more yrs before there's serious demand for mirrorless among pros.
and then it will cost as much as a pro DSLR (2-3000$) so what's the point ? you think they'll sell for 500$ ? no way.

i remember when the D3x came out .. 8000$ !! just because the sensor was 24MP, hahaha.

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2014, 04:00 »
+2
The point, surely, is size and weight?  I'm seriously considering getting the A7r in the not too distant future.

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2014, 14:40 »
no desire to switch to mirrorless .. but I wouldn't mind adding one to my gear as a goto system that I could quickly grab on the way out the door when shooting is not a priority. I prefer to have a bigger/heavier camera but in many cases it gets left at home or the studio because it's not convenient to bring.