MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Model Release or not  (Read 14304 times)

Lightrecorder

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2014, 12:23 »
Recognizing yourself needs a MR? Only in the USA then. There is a lot more to it then just recognizing yourself.

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2014, 13:01 »
Recognizing yourself needs a MR? Only in the USA then. There is a lot more to it then just recognizing yourself.

When an agency licences an image to a client, the client has a right to expect not only that the image has been strictly signed-off legally, but also that the image is 100% hassle-free. A stock image needs to be not only legal but also definitely completely problem free.

Suppose for example that the image is used in an advert and that the person photographed recognises herself and objects to the context. Then suppose the issue goes viral - hence attracting negative publicity.

See that the need for a model release can go beyond what merely satisfies legal requirements. IMO Alamy has it right.

Lightrecorder

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2014, 13:37 »
A MR doesnt guarantee a hassle free photo as we have seen many times. Heck, someone here had his Fotolia account closed down, because a model complaint about the images. All images were released.

As for legality, agencies are stricter than the law. I need to see the first case being won by a person suing a photographer over their hands.

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2014, 11:12 »
I don't really see the point of this thread though. You've already had a reply on the iStock forum from the head of the inspection team there, explaining iStock's rules on this type of shot. It's their site and they can take or refuse what they like. There is no "right or wrong"

The point is simple, I like too hear(read), other peoples opinion, they have rules on iStock but it doesn't mean that they are doing the right thing. And if I wouln't put this on the forum, I didn't realese that there is another way like editorial. And is not I don't know about it. Just those things that pass by.

And of course is their site but they are making money with our material so, I think, we do have something to say... And what I learn about this particulary pic, is just get an MR if possible, and if not, editorial use is an option...

I have read about it but never put it in action...

As you see here are some different opinions.

So thanks all of have put their opinion here...