pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: THIEF !  (Read 20661 times)

Snow

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2014, 10:44 »
+3
Would be even better if Tyler created a separate topic called "Copyright Infringement"
It's the most important issue for us contributors and deserves a topic on it's own. Those not interested can avoid it but those that are interested, be it contributors or agency staff can quickly find it. 

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2014, 11:30 »
+4
Would be even better if Tyler created a separate topic called "Copyright Infringement"
That's what the Image Sleuth forum is used for.

OM

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2014, 16:33 »
Strewth, Image Sleuth! Didn't know it existed until now!

« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 16:47 by OM »

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2014, 20:08 »
+3
For a while I was getting errors when trying to access that link, (I guess, due to many visits), so I assumed the portfolio has been shut down. However, now I see it is still up.

It would be a decent gesture by both agencies to inform us what action has been taken toward that individual (beside closing the port).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 20:12 by LesPalenik »

Dook

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2014, 03:45 »
It's weekend. No any action till Monday, I guess. Aren't they suppose to have some kind of 24 hours service in case of an emergency, like police, firefighters etc. do?

Lightrecorder

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2014, 03:58 »
+1
Yes, because copyright infringement is as bad as your house on fire, or  breaking a leg

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2014, 08:38 »
+3
For a company that is open for business during the weekend, it's incredibly irresponsible that there's no one there to ensure things are running correctly. Sure it's not life and death, and not curating new uploads during the weekend is one thing. But when there is clear fraud happening and the whole crew is off sipping martinis while many of their contributors are getting their intellectual property stolen, that's pretty irresponsible management. Especially knowing all they'll probably do is close the criminal's account and he and Alamy will end up pocketing the profits. The only losers are the artists whose work has been stolen who won't see a penny from the sales made during their inaction, and Alamy clearly couldn't care less.

Add it to the list of reasons why Alamy proves to be the laziest stock agency out there.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:49 by Daryl Ray »

ShadySue

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2014, 08:48 »
Has anyone posted it on the Alamy forum yet?
If so, it's been deleted.

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2014, 08:48 »
I can't read the link cuz I am banned from shutterstock forums >:(

ShadySue

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2014, 08:51 »
I can't read the link cuz I am banned from shutterstock forums >:(
You can't even read them?
I can read the link despite never having been a member of SS.
That's even worse than iS, where I can't post but I can read the forums.

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2014, 09:17 »
I just checked the:
http://mystockphoto.com/photo and was amazed how many stolen images they have online.
They have many images still showing shutterstock name and original image number.

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2014, 09:25 »
+3
I just checked the:
http://mystockphoto.com/photo and was amazed how many stolen images they have online.
They have many images still showing shutterstock name and original image number.

A quick search did find some of my images, but clicking on them brought me to MY Shutterstock image page with just a referral link added to the address. Not stolen, just someone racking up referral income. Might even argue they're directing more customers to our shots. A bit different than someone uploading stolen images in their own name. But good find none-the-less, keep smoking out the thieves!

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2014, 15:50 »
I just checked the:

A quick search did find some of my images, but clicking on them brought me to MY Shutterstock image page with just a referral link added to the address. Not stolen, just someone racking up referral income. Might even argue they're directing more customers to our shots. A bit different than someone uploading stolen images in their own name. But good find none-the-less, keep smoking out the thieves!

Agreed, this site simply looks like a referral site to Shutterstock.  No big deal unless I am missing something.

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2014, 16:06 »
The random file I clicked on opened as a large jpg - I don't know if it is public domain or a stock image, but it sure looked stocky. A banner for Deposit Photos popped up at the same time but it wasn't a link to that image.

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2014, 04:15 »
+1
Worthy action.

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2014, 08:26 »
Immediate effect?
Account still active and still making money...
Although Alamy said that the thief had not received any money for sales through ALAMY. If you believe...
I wonder if Alamy received any money...
Must be a profitable portfolio that they DO NOT terminate...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:40 by max headroom »

Dook

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2014, 08:36 »
+4
The change will show up after the next server update, it just looks active now.

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2014, 09:16 »
+1
I was contacted by several people this weekend to take a look to see images of mine in this guy's port...yup, about 6 images)!! I'm actually selling some of the same images myself on A so I see duplicates there!  :(

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2014, 10:01 »
+16
Immediate effect?
Account still active and still making money...
Although Alamy said that the thief had not received any money for sales through ALAMY. If you believe...
I wonder if Alamy received any money...
Must be a profitable portfolio that they DO NOT terminate...

We have terminated the account, the server does not update immediately.

The thief has not received any money and we will be investigating who the images belong to that have sold and will be returning the owed funds to them.

Alamy

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2014, 10:44 »
+1
Well, I do not expect any payment :  there was only 1 of my images in his port, an image of a frog.  But as the main keyword "frog" was removed (why did he do that??), I'm sure it was never sold.  If he did the same with the other images, his business will not have been very lucrative.

ShadySue

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2014, 14:13 »
+1

You get automatically paid on Alamy when you reach $75, so he must have been caught before reaching the threshhold.

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2014, 15:02 »
+4

You get automatically paid on Alamy when you reach $75, so he must have been caught before reaching the threshhold.

All the effort of uploading there, for nothing :)

ShadySue

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2014, 15:11 »
+1
Well, I do not expect any payment :  there was only 1 of my images in his port, an image of a frog.  But as the main keyword "frog" was removed (why did he do that??), I'm sure it was never sold.  If he did the same with the other images, his business will not have been very lucrative.
I noticed he had a lot of animal photos just titled 'wild animal'.

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2014, 17:06 »
+14
we will be investigating who the images belong to that have sold and will be returning the owed funds to them

Impressed.

Not sure whether I have ever heard of any of the microstocks ever doing this.

That should be the norm.