pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: iStock Survey for September 2014 Changes  (Read 3809 times)

« on: October 27, 2014, 11:04 »
+1
Just got my email survey regarding the new IS changes from Leah Kaufman. They ask the right questions and it is concise and comprehensive. I hope they actually use the feedback effectively.

At least they are doing a follow-up with buyers on all of these changes.

We made some pretty big changes to iStock in September and this survey is one of the best ways to help me tell the company what you think about them. Your 10 minutes doing the survey and the comments you write influence what happens on the site - maybe not as quickly as you'd like but a difference, all the same.

Take the Survey

When you complete the survey, please enter the drawing for one of four Amazon.com e-gift certificates worth $125 if you're in US/Can or 75 if you're in the UK.

Thanks, we look forward to your feedback! And if you've already done the survey - we love it and thanks for helping out!

All the best,

iStock Customer Research Team

Lightrecorder

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 11:09 »
I wonder why they always have to change a prize to local currency. 75 GBP is 120 dollar, not 125. But that is not the point. 125 dollar in the USA will probably buy you the same as 125 pound in the UK.

I wonder if they would up the prize if it was for a country with a lower value currency. Cheapskates.

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 11:32 »
+1
I assume this is a buyer survey?

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 12:41 »
+7
They love to take surveys, but I don't ever remember them making any positive changes as a result.

Lightrecorder

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 15:18 »
+2
They musts be thick as trees, I would assume the backlash on Facebook told them all they needed to know. F#ck ups

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 15:49 »
+7
They love to take surveys, but I don't ever remember them making any positive changes as a result.

I think they have done so, especially in the last couple of years. It seems that every time a new General Manager is appointed one of the first things they do is conduct 'a survey'. Of course it's partly an arse-covering exercise to explain why they are making the changes that they do ... in case they don't actually work out.

Unfortunately, when Istock management make a change to appease the interests of one set of customers ... it turns out to be exactly what another set of customers absolutely hate. This time they've massively simplified the pricing but have now lost all the web-blogger customers who only require small images.

At first I thought Istock were trying too hard to please everyone but I now think that they no longer have their own sense of direction and they've ended up as a muddled, wannabe-clone of Shutterstock. There's no leadership at Istock anymore. Does anyone even know the name of the person in charge of the place? Does even anyone care anymore?